The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Another week, another episode... another thread discussing the spoiley trailers. I tried to avoid it... I'd rather we had less sneak peeks at the new episodes, honestly.

This is the official episode thread for "Every Little Thing She Does", though, which appears to be by Mike Vogel, who I think we all know of by now, since he's been all over this season. The first thing the title makes me think of is this:

[youtube=aENX1Sf3fgQ]

That makes sense, since this seems to be a Twilight Sparkle Starlight Glimmer episode. I think we were overdue anyways, since she seems to have practically taken over Spike's old (pretty much invisible) role, while Spike now gets a bit more time.

Anyways, this is the official discussion thread, so feel free to post anything about the episode or anything in my post here!

--Sweetie Belle

+1 for Sting and The Police, :raritystarry:

5508719 Spike is dispensable.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I hafta kinda think it was a deliberate reference, too, since they've done that sorta thing before.

He is? I'd like a Spike dispenser. Push a button, and Spike's there, ready to help you out!

--Sweetie Belle

5508755 It would also be really sad if it was one-use only.

Oh, totally. I don't want to discuss it in detail yet to avoid spoiling stuff for people, but this may actually be my favorite gag title reference so far; it's just so friggin' perfect, :rainbowkiss:

Also if we're making character dispensers, can I get one of these?

I love the Police as I'm an old fart.
That is, prior to the internet follow ponies!
Kindest of regards.

Also, probably try to romance Twi with this epic song and it probably be an epic fail!

5508719 Now this is an episode that really fell off my radar. After getting episodes on the cutest griffin, Las Pegasus, buckball and character development for Snails of all ponies, a Starlight Glimmer episode set in Ponyville sounds almost dull.

This episode is definetly funnier than I thought! I'm just digging that AJ and Pinks. :rainbowlaugh:

5509410 I loved AJ's movie quotes. And when she floats into the hall on the table. That's just gold.

MJP

wow, just wow, someone kill this starlight bitch, fuck your rating

Majin Syeekoh

5509707 you should write a fanfic where she dies

I bet it'll do great

MJP

5509711 i just not write starlight

Majin Syeekoh

5509718 but how will she die if you don't write about it

MJP

5509723 she can die by thinking she can save thoe world when she cant even think like a normal fickiong person

Majin Syeekoh

5509730 but how will people know that unless you share your vision with them

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

It is perfect for the episode. It's a great title reference.

Well, it could have been dull if she'd known what 'chillax' meant, and just did that one.

In retrospect, it's probably a good thing she didn't help out with helping everypony act like zombies in 28 Pranks Later...

--Sweetie Belle

A truncated version of the recipe I wrote for the episode

(SPOILERS!)

EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES

Bake at 350° F 22 minutes, let cool in oven 10 minutes...
Makes 1 square episode, 6x6x2

1 cup Lesson Zero
1 cup Castle Sweet Castle
2 teaspoons spiders
1 tablespoon rainclouds
1 one-ounce pat of butter
1 packet of SugarCube Corner Cake Mix®

1. Add Twilight, Starlight, and Spike to Crystal Castle. Twilight will want Starlight to do a friendship lesson. Starlight will attempt 5 friendship lessons at once to impress Twilight. Remove Twilight and Spike from Crystal Castle and place in Canterlot.

2.Add rest of Mane 6 to Crystal Castle. Each will have a task to do as a lesson, including (but not limited to) sewing a dress with Rarity, scrap-booking with Applejack, and baking a cake with Pinkie.

3.Starlight will use magic to turn the Mane 6 into compliant zombies to avoid potentially failing said tasks.

4.Add unintended consequences of magic with a cup of destructive hijinks.

5.Remove Twilight and Spike from Canterlot and place back in Crystal Castle. Add apologies from Starlight to Mane 6.

6.Mix forgiveness from Mane 6 and Starlight unknowingly accomplishing lessons as she cleans up destruction.

Result will be an episode that feels it should be a lot worse. A protagonist who starts apathetic towards friendship lessons, heel turns and attempts five friendship lessons at once; is too afraid of failing said lessons to actually do them, so transforms five of the main characters into Stepford zombies; add in a teaspoon of oddities, out-of-place references, and weird dialogue, and it should be a disastrous episode, but it will not be.

Comic hijinks will keep the zombie Mane 6 from being too terrifying. Though they will still unsettle, more so than the hypnotized townsfolk in Lesson Zero. It could be the dilated pupils.

Pinches of good gags will balance saltiness. Though none of the jokes will be laugh-out-loud funny.

Even the risky ingredient of the Mane 6 getting hangovers will not turn out extremely bitter, a miracle.

End result will be an episode that is okay despite its mix of potentially caustic elements.

5508719 Sorry, I always forget to reply.

Asides from being lamely smiling to sympathize (heck the comedy was almost on par with Discord back in S5) with the plot line, the episode overall was not what I had in mind, and almost one of those VERY FEW episodes that disappointed me, everything was just so boring. Starlight wasn't even a character to pay attention to in the first place after she flooded FRC and somewhat all of Ponyville as an exaggerated part of the animation, Twilight didn't care wasn't the point, but her friends were just like, "Meh, you screwed us over like that, why don't we just stay low and chillax?" As if they expected Starlight to perform all that chaos from the start?

"Lesson Zero" all over again? Quite a lot of episode reminiscing this season, eh?

I have no problem with Starlight having to learn the same lesson as Twilight once had all over again (it's okay creators, if your brain is running out of good ideas you can always remind children of what they should learn most importantly by putting it on another character. been doing that with Spike countless of times), people shouldn't be complaining about that part. It was the weakness in plot (climax and the resolution), the character abnormalities of the Mane 5 (excluding the part when they were under that fancy named spell) and obviously my opinion that does not seem to matter because it's irrelevant.

5508719 There was a lot of world-building in this episode, but my biggest takeaway is this:

Prepare for the Hypno-Clopfics

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22