Crossovers 7,375 members · 10,966 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
dracone #1 · Nov 10th, 2020 · · 11 ·

Many of you probably don't fully understand the meaning behind that statement, so here's a video to help better get the point across

Reorienting the narrative to be very different from the source material can work, but is usually ill-advised

I already know that, I just don't care -and you should too. Because in time, it will be buried among the new

all likely true. And more recent news states that Disney is practically bleeding money due to current events, so chances are the company won't even be around in a decade or so, if they continue to hemorage money and make terrible business decisions for all the IPs they own.

But if Disney closes what will happen to Star Wars?

They may sell assets around, some similar things happened to a smaller scale in comics by example.

Can everyone STOP WITH THE DISNEY CONSPIRACIES ALREADY!?!?!?

In all likelihood, they'll try to hold onto it until it stops bringing in the many they think it should and sell it to someone else for what they think it's worth. The same holds true with Marvel and the other IPs they hold ownership in.

This was entertaining.

chances are the company won't even be around in a decade or so,

lol no. The Pinko Pox fucked up a lot of companies, but it’s not gonna kill a titan like Disney. They’ll release some Star Wars and Marvel films and get back on track financially. Thinking they’re gonna go out of business is unrealistic.

This said, nothing is too big to fall... or end up bought by even bigger.

That came up in my YouTube feed earlier. It made me think of

There is a reason why I also got my grubby little hands on all the original versions of Disney stories that I saw. That said, it doesn't change the fact that if at least some young boys also learn the lesson of love winning then it's suddenly not so bad of a world that we live in.

Ps. the number of downvotes compared to upvotes on this comment doesn't make our community look very good even if it's only 10 for now.

See, in Lion King (another stolen, corporatized story, but I digress), they built up the whole "Hakuna Matata" thing, then broke down why it didn't work in-universe. And yes, there are worries in life, and part of being an adult and being responsible is owning up and fixing those things. When Simba went back, he didn't know Scar killed Mufasa and thought he was responsible. And although he had made a grave mistake and although he wasn't flawless, he could that see Scar wasn't the rightful ruler of the Pridelands, something had to be done, and he alone was in a position to do it. So he owned up and did it.

But what does Disney market? Shirts with Mufasa's ghost's face on them saying "Remember who you are"? No. (And it's a shame; I think that'd sell pretty well.) They market Hakuna Matata--the concept which was torn down by the very movie that introduced it. Disney is what's wrong with Disney, and I'm not sure it can be fixed. The right hand (marketing department) doesn't know what the left hand (story department) is doing. And I don't want to come across as anti-capitalist, but damnit, there's some problems that need to be fixed, and most of them start with corporate greed.

in truth it will only get worse just wait till Disney buys mlp then you'll care

For that to happen Disney would have to buy Hasbro, which would mean they would get all the Hasbro IPs, not just MLP

I know a merger like that would be catastrofic

...I literally never thought about that until now. The Hakuna Matata thing, I mean.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20