OC's Unite 1,483 members · 2,421 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

This is a thread for simply sharing pictures of our OCs. Backstory, personality and so on are not needed to be included, this is just to share and comment on purely the aesthetics of OCs, their designs, color schemes, outfits and etc.

Personally I love seeing the different OC designs people come up with.

So I'll start with one of mine:

Purse Cutter:

As it always should be let's try and be constructive with any criticism and such.

3872988 hmm she seems a little but sue-ish but actually rather pleasing to look at despite this. The wings seem a bit much though they don't really match the rest of her color scheme and seem sort of like they were just tacked on for coolness points. I love love her mane and tail (I really like her mane! :unsuresweetie:) the colors work fantastically and the shape of both are great. Overall is pretty sound character design but there are a few things that you need to do a lot or explaining for to make work. I will send in mine in just a sec once I can grab a link

3872988 OK so I actually have two characters that I am bringing to you.
Posy Petal and Showstopper
(both of those are actually two links each so you can see them at different angles) What so you think? Any and all thoughts are welcomed!

To explain the wings she is a batpony/thestral, as on the show like Luna's guards (hence the teeth as well). I don't know how others do it but for my personal headcanon I actually portray them as a race, a subspecies of pegasus basically. There's not really anything special about them other than a few differences.

Also, how does she come across as Sue-ish otherwise? Also as a note the wings were originally going to be white and pink like the rest of her, the artist friend who drew her suggested making them that color for a little variety.

3873006 well I suppose that sue-ish might be the wrong word for it. Its more like... She is so different and unique that it starts to feel a little strange. The mismatched eyes, being an uncommon race (not bad on its own just uncomfortable when paired with these other traits), differently colored wings, and her name and cutie mark lead me to believe that she is a theif or similar, which is classicly something that sues are prone to. It just seems like she stands out a bit much and wouldn't be able to even try to fit in the actual show. These things aren't exactly bad persay, just generally frowned upon somewhat.

Cutie mark is supposed to be a coin bag with a hole in it causing coins to fall out (so literally a cut purse, hence her name).

To be fair that was by design; she and a few of my other OCs are deliberately using the trope Non-Standard Character Design, which is intentional because while it might make them look less like something actually from the show, it helps them to stick out without resorting to "alicorn lulz" or something equally bad. Plus it's the joys of not being restricted by the show's animation style, you can get a little inventive (if I was trying to make her fit into the show I'd definitely make some changes to make her more at home in it).

As for the different colored eyes, that was basically just a shout out to a friend of mine who actually does have heterochromia (the condition that causes different colored eyes, though obviously she didn't have a pink eye :twilightsmile:)

Nightshade

3873029 Super clever with the inserts! Love it =D

Here is Silent Knight

And here he is with Crystal Wishes. She decided to try on his armor.

The only picture I have of Opa is the real Okapi. Her cutie mark is a crescent moon, but the closet image I can find is this one. Perhaps someday some kind artist would draw her for me... I did see this nice picture of an anthro okapi that would look close to how I have imagined her.

How come he's Miles Edgeworth in one pic? (Not complaining :pinkiehappy:)

3873215 Agreed, Painted Wave is awesome and the fact she took the time to work out the horn was great.

Cross overs are always fun and you're most welcome. I really enjoyed those!

Out of my 20+ OCs, I'd say these are my top 3 in terms of looks:

Surfing Blossom

Swift Flying

Hipster Amps:

3873279 How did you do that for your OC?

Eee-hee-hee... yeah, I've got plenty of OCs. I have a nasty habit of creating too many of them when I'm trying to only stick with creating one!

All the following pictures are drawn by me. :raritywink:

This fella here is Tomato Sandwich:

Context of picture is that during October he had transformed into a batpony, a ghost, and a dragon respectively--because ask blog magic.

And here are a pair of twins, Pizza Pockets and Fudge Fondue:

And here are the twins' siblings; Rocky Road, Berry Blast, and Cheesecake Chase:

These fillies are me and my sisters ponified--no points for guessing which one I am:

These ponies are supporting characters in The Rock Farmer's Daughters:

Here is Flora Peace, and her seven siblings:

Cirrus and Nimbus, hanging out with Pinkie Pie, sort of:

And my newest one, Bell Pepper:

Creating characters is just so much fun! If only I knew just when and how to use them... :pinkiecrazy:

3873502 What you did for Hipster Amps!

3874457 I'm both a writer and vector artist. I make that sheet for every OC I make.

OC Gallery

They help me with developing their personalities and provide artists with a visual reference.

He's featured in a few of my stories, but he's mainly my Ponysona.

The title of the pic is a typo I never got around to fixing. His name right now is Sentinel Noteworth.

Here's my other OCs as well.

Tina Tatinviir

Snowy Silvercast and Sentinel Noteworth

Lilac Amethyst

Flintlock

Fuego Azul (Azure Flame)

Archsage:

With Armor:

Not caring or whatevs:

A couple of mine:
Fireball:

Thaddeus C. Mills IV, AKA Cinnamon:

And Kilik, aka Pyrus Frost:

These are my newest villians.:pinkiecrazy:
Terracon
Dr. Frigit

This very lazy Pony Creator image attempt is as close to my own Ponysona we'll likely ever see.

I got two commissions from someone on deviantart named Wicked Silly so I'll share them here.

My OC Bass Chord

And Golden Horseshoes

Why not? I'll share :scootangel:

This is a group pic of My personal OC (The large light blue pony: Calm Wind) and my four good friends here on this site. We go by the name: The Pegasus Posse, since we all randomly shared out OC's one day and all happened to be Pegasi :rainbowkiss: From left to right: Shine Struck (Scootafail), Calm Wind (Moi :raritywink:), Playbitz, Rivet, (Kestrel), and Swift Justice (Azure_Shadow)

The art is by foxenawolf

Here's a few more pics of us:

Art by: Scootafail

Art by: foxenawolf

Art by: Noble Savage (Deviant art: thatdamntenpin)
The two OC's on the left belong to CrystalMelody_kc (the blue mare) and CowgirlVK (the pink mare))

Art by: foxenawolf

We don't have any stories about us yet... But we do currently hold a minor role in one of my stories: Piercing the Heavens (Not related to Gurren Lagaan, that was actually an accident:rainbowlaugh:)

In this particular story i actually have five other original characters:

Matteo: The enormous, stoic bald eagle Griffon

Twister: An incredibly unstable weirdo who rarely does anything that makes sense

Squall: A grump who never smiles and has a massive chip on his shoulder about... something...

Storm Front: Happy and smiling despite a very rough and troubled past... seems perfect on the outside, but is he on the inside?

Little Star: A dwarf pony (she's 30) who is always incredibly cheerful, but if you piss her off... hold onto your mane because she's gonna let you have it.

Piercing the Heavens is the third part in a trilogy i have written with an intense focus on Rainbow Dash and Soarin... how they first meet... how they fall in love over time (over time, i didnt just nudge them together :derpytongue2:) and how their relationship is effected by the twists and turns life throws at them... including Dash finally getting the chance to become a wonderbolt in the third story.

The stories take place in my own universe that my fans have dubbed the "Wonderverse"

It's a pony universe that takes place in the same world as the show, and acknowledges many of the events in the show (Up to the end of season 3) but the difference is that the natural skills and natures of the three pony races... are all turned up and exaggerated.

Earth Ponies are capable of tremendous feats of strength.

Unicorn magic is capable of much more than ever shown in the show.

And Pegasi are capable of incredible precise flight skill, speed, and ability.

This gives me the freedom to make the Wonderbolts capable of things that are near impossible due to them being a select group that are considered to be amazing in a world where things are already turned up a few notches. But why am i telling you this?

Because I'd like to point out my Wonderbots as characters as well. :eeyup:

I created the personalities of Soarin, Spitfire and Fleetfoot before they were ever featured in the show (before Wonderbolt academy) So they have different and original personalities...

Not only that... but i have done the same thing for every single background Wonderbolt: Rapidfire, Silver Lining, Wave Chill, Blaze, High Winds, Fire Streak, Lightning Streak, Surprise, and Misty Fly all have been given original personalities as if they were OC's... and on top of that i created 4 more Wonderbolts from scratch :scootangel:

So if you are a fan of the Wonderbolts, check out the trilogy! :rainbowkiss:

Head in the Clouds
Flying Sky High
Piercing the Heavens

(Even if you aren't a fan of SoarinDash... there is a large, full story told in the trilogy alongside the romance with lots of twists, turns, fun, and action.:eeyup:)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34