Shipping πŸ’– 9,748 members · 11,686 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So, I'm still kind of meh about G5, but I have to say that I definitely ship Zipp and Hitch.

They just carry that energy. :pinkiesmile:

But that's just me. :rainbowlaugh:

So far I only found one story about those two and it's not rated M because most of the stories I find about shipping of the G5 is mostly rated m which I don't understand why people do that :facehoof: but yeah they're pretty cute together

Well technically they are the heterosexual appledash of the new generation, so they can be destined to be together according to IDW? Anyway, I also like this couple, it would be my 2nd option after SunnyxHitch.

Yeah I ship them too :raritystarry:

I will say that I do like that the one male character mc is also an adopted father. Now I've only seen the 1st two episodes, but I really hope Hasbro doesn't mess it up and have Hitch be a bumbling idiot.

But yeah Zapp x Hitch are super cute. :raritystarry:

Too late on the bumbling idiot part.

I personally don’t ship characters (no OTPs for me) unless it works with the story I’m reading/writing, but I would see the two as a couple.

Maybe it's just me being a practicing pessimist but I feel like that's the direction they're taking Hitch. I've noticed that when it comes to MLP characters, they're never really used to their full potential. At least, not in a satisfying way. And for some weird reason, there are not a whole lot of male MLP characters that aren't total cringe. The only ones I can think of are Spike and Shining Armor, but even then they have their dorky moments that make them utter jokes. So as of now, I have zero faith in Hasbro that they'll actually develop these characters in a new or interesting way. It's all about merchandising and selling the product. Story was always an afterthought when it came to MLP.

With that said, I really do like the Hitch and Zipp ship.

Yeah, the stallions of Equestria are usually big jokes. It could be due to the show being targeted towards little girls. They tend to pussify the men in order for the girls to feel empowered when true empowerment is knowing you are equal despite the sexes differences/strengths/weaknesses.

Yeah, it's very unfortunate that many shows think that in order to empower women they have to tear down men. Honestly I would say that most of the mares in G5 would still be strong even if they didn't make Hitch a bumbling fool.

I can definitely see it.

Right? That's my biggest pet peeve when it comes to female empowerment products, they make one side all-powerful and could do no wrong and villainize the other side. I feel like a lot of feminists forget that the movement is about equality and not superiority. I mean, some movies do the female empowerment message well (Wonder Woman, A League of Their Own, Alien, Mulan, Heathers, even Mad Max Fury Road does this message well) but more often than not it just comes off as cringe. And sadly, MLP falls into this category at times.

But like you said, this show was originally aimed at a female audience and nobody could've seen the Brony fandom coming.

7751192 Maybe if they had more screen time together, I'd be more inclined to ship them. They really don't have muhc in the way of interaction with one another right now.

I kinda prefer Sunny but I won't criticize you. I think they will make a good couple.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15