Shipping 💖 9,748 members · 11,686 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33

Kind of the same deal as last time, however instead of just focusing on a favorite character. This time, there are no limits. You can pick any ship you want, as long as it’s legal(No pedophilia or incest).

Favorite Ship: Twilight x Starlight- Same as last time moving on.

Honorable Mentions: Shining Armor x Cadence- They are canonically married and have great interactions, minor as they are.

Pinkie Pie x Cheese Sandwich- It’s funny and it is wholesome.

Big Mac x Sugar Belle- Every episode they have with each other is just heartwarming. Also, I’m glad that now the Big Mac shipping war is subsided.

Starlight x Trixie- These two just click. That’s really it.

Least Favorite Ship: Twilight x Chrysalis- Despite my qualms with Starlight and Chrysalis, I think this one is worse given what Chrysalis put Twilight through in A Canterlot Wedding. And fanfics of Chrysalis manipulating Twilight in that episode just make me ooze in disgust.

Dishonorable Mentions: Starlight x Chrysalis- Duh.

Applejack x Rainbow Dash- I like their friendly rivalry but I prefer their friendship.

Shining Armor x Twilight

I hate incest. :facehoof:

Favorite: Gabby x Spike and Fluttershy x Discord.
The ones I hate with a passon: Spike x Rarity, Sunset Summer x Twilight (both versions)

I literally said you can’t choose anything illegal.

Also what is your favorite?

I wouldn’t say I have a favorite shipping, but BobBon/Lyra aside, I’m absolutely sick of just about every lesbian shipping because of how obnoxiously over saturated the fandom became with them. LGBT shippings stopped being progressive when it took up at least 70% of fan preferred shippings.

Favorite Ship: Fluttershy x Rainbow Dash

My least favorite one is tough to say. There are some that I'm not fond of (Fluttershy x Discord, Rainbow Dash x Applejack, Rainbow Dash x Soarin), but I don't really hate them with a burning passion.

Well to be fair, almost every character that is interesting to this fandom is female. The male characters with the most prominence are Spike and Discord, and Discord is pretty much reserved for Fluttershy and Spike… well there’s the whole age controversy with him.

My favorite ship? People who know me know that that's an "give me" question. It's Flash Sentry and Twilight Sparkle of course.

My least favorite ship though, that's a bit harder for me to pin though. While I have many ships I don't like, I don't think there's one that I dislike the most out of all of them.

Only thing I can say to that is that I don't like it when Starlight turns out to doing some sort of con like in that one story known as "The Long Con". Ugh. How I dislike that story.

Any story where Starlight fakes reformation is an immediate turn off. It’s super unrealistic. Starlight is the last reformed villain I would ever buy faking reformation, she was way too genuine. I’d sooner buy Sunset Shimmer returning to villainy. Is that unrealistic, indeed. So that should say something.

What does that have to do with this though?

7733768 Favorite ship for me is easy. I'm a sucker for CheesePie, and it being canon by the end of the show just makes it even better.

Least favorite ship is probably AppleDash. I know it was really popular in the early fandom, and some people want to interpret the last episode as them being together. But I don't think it's ever gonna work. Rainbow Dash would hate being tied down, and she and Applejack are way too competitive to ever be seriously involved together. Rainbow Dash doesn't seem like the kind of romantic partner Applejack would like.

It depends on the characters sexual orientation, I know it is kind of weird to gate keep a cartoon character but if a character specifically says that they are gay/straight, at least make a ship that makes sense. Sometimes it feels forced. I don’t really care that much about ships in MLP but I do like Ruby and Saphire from Steven Universe. It is hard for me to not like a cannon ship. Although that there are some I don’t like. Please call me out if I am being mean.

There was nothing ever said about any character being straight or gay, so we can basically do what we want.

True. I just prefer logical shipping if that makes since.

7733788 Well, I think from what we've seen in canon it seems likely that Rarity is straight. Same goes for any character who ended up getting married by the end.

But like I said, of these two questions, my least favorite ship is probably the harder question for me to answer as even for the ships I don't at least do have stories where they are written well and some ships on that list are only there because I've only seen them done in just ONE story.

'Fraid when it comes to naming my least favorite ship of them all, I'm stuck. Right now if I actually had to give an answer, I would say it would be a tie between shipping Moondancer with Flash Sentry (because I'd rather ship Flash Sentry with Twilight Sparkle) and shipping Rainbow Dash with Spitfire (which is more so because of the intense negative thoughts I have around Spitfire as it is).

Only time will tell which of the ships I don't at least tolerate I will be able to say is my outright least favorite one. But when it comes to my favorite ship, I don't even have to think twice on that one. You could ask me that a hundred times and I'd tell you each time that my favorite ship is shipping Flash Sentry with Twilight Sparkle.

You mean to tell me they couldn’t have waited until more male characters were introduced?

Shippers are crazy. And not always rational.

Not all shippers are crazy you know. There’s me for example and SuperPinkBrony12 to consider.

Folks who know me know that I ship damned near indiscriminately. I'm a huge sucker for romance, and there's no pairing that I actively dislike.

My favorite ship is one of (if not the) most contentious pairings in the fandom: Timber Spruce and Twilight Sparkle (Sci-Twi).

My point exactly.

If Rarity do date Spike she is a pedophile and if he is the age to be an adult it would look very odd. For the sunset and twilight (princess) are pen pals so there is no way love can bloom. With sci twilight there is no chemistry between them besides being friends so why force it.

Wait. How old do people think Gabby is anyway? It’s never specified.

Also, you can also explain the reasons for your OTPs as well.

I think she is around 15 give or take a year. Fluttershy and Discord are always together even when she is older. Gabby and spike have so most more in common and they look better together.

Favorite? Out of the canon possibilities, I would probably go with Fluttershy and Discord. Their relationship is just too adorable not to. Personally, I'm preferential to ship Twilight and many other characters, particularly OCs. Luna x Twilight is a neat one I haven't explored in a while.

Least favorite? Well... Fluttershy and most of the cast (minus Rainbow Dash), Applejack and Twilight, Rarity and Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and nearly every other character (too childish, which makes CheesyPie a great ship), Discord and anyone except Fluttershy or Twilight, etc etc. It goes on. I would probably pick Pinkie Pie and nearly everyone if I had to choose least favorite.

Least: RariJack. Somehow I don't see it working (for very long, anyway).

Most: CheeriLight. The image of a teacher and a bookworm getting together just makes sense, to me.
Who knows? Maybe Twilight might have a thing for older mares?

Twilight and Luna is a strange pairing to me, but it’s whatever I guess. It isn’t illegal.

You have a fondness for Twicord I see. Honestly I’m mixed on Discord ships overall, but I have a bit of a fondness for the pairings involving him with Fluttershy, Twilight, and for some reason Starlight(hey Trixcord exists after all; this can’t be THAT out of reach). Though again, the problem lies in the fact that Discord can be problematic at times.

Give me DustDash or give me death

As far as OtP goes I've mentioned it here or there once or twice but the only real ship that I'd see working out to the end would be Rainbow and Rarity.

I used to be big on the favorite ships like PinkieDash way back in the day thanks to good fiction writers here, however when it really comes down to it and I put thought into it the only ship I could really see sail successfully would be the only two of the six that actively works to pursue their dreams.

That's not to say the others like AJ, Twilight, Pinkie, and Shy don't work hard for their respective jobs, they most certainly do. However, all four are currently content with where they are in life. The only two that want to push further are Rarity and Rainbow. The two that would understand why one would stay up late working on designs until the midnight oil runs dry, or understand why one keeps throwing themselves repeatedly into clouds or trees trying to perfect her tricks.

It's that mutual understanding and respect that even though they aren't fully invested in each other's interests they are invested in each other to support one another in their successes and failures alike.

Rarity and Rainbow Dash is an alright pairing. I’m not too big on it due to them nearly ending their friendship, but I definitely like it enough.

Starlight and Trixie, they are so fucking cute together

Ships that leave twilight alone a broken hearted for the rest of eternity (protect the sparkle)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33