Art for Fanfiction 5,171 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Hiya, lovely peeps!

It’s been a while since I last displayed something on this group, so here goes.

This is a page from Sunset’s journal and surrounded by it are her other personal effects. See if you can guess what they are.

Oh, and feel free to leave other comments if you have any.

Try as I might, I cannot make out Starlight's last two words.

Is that the point?

Twilight's forbidden Starlight from going to the human world is what it boils down to.

What I wanna know is why Twilight has forbidden Starlight from going to see Sunset? If I'm reading that last entry right anyway.

Ah, 'forbid it'. Now I see. Thanks!

I did not expand on the conversation. That’s a story in and of itself. But basically, the interdimensional travel to and from the Mirror Portal has been restricted to Sunset and Sunset only. Not even Princess Twilight goes through the portal anymore. Maybe I’ll write a story about that one day, but no now.

Now, milesprower60. The reason as to why you couldn’t make out the last lines is because in canon, Starlight’s hornwriting is an absolute mess. She says so herself.

Twilight Sparkle: But forget Olde Ponish. Thereʼs parts where his hornwriting is like another language!

[...]

Twilight Sparkle: You can read that?!
Starlight Glimmer: The hornwritingʼs pretty sloppy, but itʼs nowhere near as bad as mine.

So, yeah. I’m glad someone understood her words and someone didn’t. It means I chose the right font.

Her hornwriting is a mess?

*Looks at her own handwriting* Yeah, yeah, sure, Starlight's hornwriting is a mess. Definitely. :scootangel:

Also, I wonder if those juice stains carry over to the other journal.

*Looks at her own handwriting* Yeah, yeah, sure, Starlight's hornwriting is a mess. Definitely.

Oh, Everfree... :raritywink:

Also, I wonder if those juice stains carry over to the other journal.

Hmm. Excellent question. My guess would be yes.

:scootangel:

Hmm. Excellent question. My guess would be yes.

I'd guess so as well, given that normal ink carries over. That could actually make for some pretty good comedy. Hmm...

Hey, Sunset?

Yeah?

What’s with the pink stains on the paper?

Soda stains.

Why in Celestia’s name are there soda stains on your journal?! Sunset! You aren’t supposed to eat and write at the same time!

You sound just like my Twilight. She constantly says my apartment is a mess and I’m a slob.

You should listen to her! She’s right, you know.

Hey, Twilight?

Yeah?

Didn't you say you're in some important meeting right now?

Yes. And I don't want to be disturbed.

Sure... Is that why there's hayfry oil and ketchup leaking through the journal?

Between you and I, we could write an entire 1k word story just about Twilight and Sunset’s weird food-related habits while writing.

When I write in my journal, I keep food and fools away from it.
If I didn't, something gross would happen.

Gross things do indeed happen when food mixes with writing. But Sunset doesn’t really care. If you take a close look at her apartment, you’ll see empty Chinese takeout boxes, soda cans and crumpled paper lying around. She’s something of a slob. So it’s really not that much of a stretch to say she would have a full soda can next to her books.

I learned from experience to keep food and drink away from my keyboard.
At least on the other side of the room.

Had a friend over, and he put a drink near the keyboard.
And yeah, he spilled it.
Luckily, the mess was small.

Nobody has mentioned why Sunset, who is human, is writing with a quill.

Yeah, those are the worst.

I recently wrote a fic where, towards the end, Pri-Twi gives Sci-Twi a communication journal of her own, linked to both hers and Sunset's, and this has me tempted to write out what some of those entries would look like. (I imagine Pri-Twi would get exhausted pretty quickly.)

7640137 7640151 Ugh, just like my handwriting. It's a disaster. 😅

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17