Art for Fanfiction 5,175 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 61 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 61
Mix-up
Group Contributor

Hello everyone this is Mix-up again, I am the artist who did the Nightmarenight/Halloween party from 2018, 2019 and 2020, sorry for missing out on 2021, I very busy with other commissions and wasn't feeling great at the time, and doing one was a lot of work. Anyway, a number of people have been asking to know if I would like to do a Christmas/Hearthwarming themed party, and while I am still rather busy work, I am much more motivated then I was before. So, after much thinking, I have determined that I am able to do this and I am placing 20 slots, for putting your OC in the scene, at 15 USD each(like last time).

I am also open to hear suggestions of what sort of Christmas/Hearthwarming group theme I could follow the spirit of the season, between the regular party with the tree, a scatting ring, decorating, present unwrapping, singing carol, or snowpony sculpting.

To take part please leave a reply here with your OC reference you would like to be in the scene. Then, PM me with your email address(and real name) so that I can send the invoice, then confirm that the payment is sent so that I can corroborate it. Once that is done, the name will be added to the list.

The basic rules are simple, common public rule and decency apply, respect everyone wishes if you want to do something with someone else's OC or have something romantic in mind, please consent with that OC's owner. One OC for each Slot, Do not ask your OC to do anything opsin. Do NOT pester or badger me to give a free slot, you will be thoroughly be ignored and no Hearthwarming party for you.

* If this project doesn't elicit at least more then ten inscriptions then the Party will be canceled.
1) scifipony
2) scifipony
3) Samellan
4) Light Heart101
5) Valtyrian
6) Hippocratic Oath
7) SmallBrooke
8) paddy-sparkle
9) NicLove
10) NicLove
11) Gargon94
12) Javarod
13) ModernSilver
14) ModernSilver
15) Mystic Sunrise
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Here are examples of previous parties that I have done in years past.

Count me in

p.s. let me know if there is one O.C. missing to make 10

p.s. maybe you should tag it ?

edit:
if any of you don't have an image of your O.C.
use this

Pony Creator Full
pony Creator V3
jwebgen
Pony Town
Pony Maker
3D
NuMuKi Browser

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Great welcome aboard dude.

Comment posted by Valtyrian deleted Nov 19th, 2021

Um, your autocorrect malfunctioned. You wrote scatting ring instead of skating rink. That could be a jazz reference or something really opsin obscene.

Questions: Can I buy two slots with a pair of OCs? (I would do that.). What is an "OC reference"? Something from a story, a description for pitching a commission, an image? Where will you post the final, or do participants get a high-rez version via email?

Each slot costs $15, but if you don't reach 10 slots you'll refund? I'm just clarifying because you hadn't stated when I wrote this reply.

7603445 7603447
p.s. you 2 should click reply if you want him to see you comment

count me in too. love to see Kohaku in there with his best friend Pearl Rose. gift giving or under a mistletoe or caroling. something fun

forgot about that

i take slot i pay on next friday

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Welcome aboard, nice to hear from you again for this.
Good to you around for this once again, I am not sure if Pearl Rose is an OC of yours or not, I can't seem to find her in the last registry's of the past.

Thank you for pointing that out. To answer your questions:
1)Yes, you can indeed buy more then one slot though other participants sole OC will be prioritized over the second, what ever left over slots are left can be taken as a second slot.

2) a character ref is at least a drawing/illustration of the OC you would want it to be in the scene, you can provide me a description but a drawing would make the work a lot easier.
This is an example of a ref

3) the link final high res image will me posted in this tread for 72 hours, everyone will be ping for it, and as a bonus you will also get to see the entire speedpanting video showing the entire work process, just as shown bellow.

4) yes each Slots coast indeed 15 USD, if there aren't enough people showing interest then there won't be any calls for sending payments, if there are but some chicken out(hopefully not too many) then I will be doing it anyway.

I hope this answers your questions.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

welcome again dudette, I hope you have fun in this

Count me in. Never did winter sports before.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Welcome dude nice to se e you again for this.

Pearl is my character. Here she is.

Can I take a slot? I want to be in it. I will do the latter later on.

you should click reply

and give an image and name of your O.C.

I will do it later, I'm busy.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

I was guessing it was probably you

happy to see you in the group again.

Welcome back

I’ve bought two slots. Mix-up asked me to pitch an idea. Since Mix-up said the Hearthswarming party would look like a ski-lodge, why not have the two enjoying tankards of cider in front of a roaring fire? The pegasus would likely have a wing over his friend’s back. Of course, the pegasus is an ice cream fiend, so ice creams would be good, too.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Thank you very much providing such a great scene with your OC's for the party, It's very much appreciated.

here's the best picture of Kohaku I have. it's from a commission image I had done but it does show what he looks like. just minus his amber eyes

What’s up Mix! If you got anymore slots count me in! Just let me know if there’s still spots available and I’ll send a reference, Cheers!

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Thanks dudette for joining in on the action, looking forward to see what your OC will be doing in the Ski-lodge party.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

great thanks for the ref dude

Sea Spray snowboarding please.

Deviantart links for better quality:

https://www.deviantart.com/lynnthenerdkitty/art/Starshine-Twinkle-893660875

https://www.deviantart.com/lynnthenerdkitty/art/Starshine-Twinkle-s-Cutie-Mark-881490290

(I would prefer if you downloaded the photos from Deviantart for better quality, I'm still figuring the linking url photo stuff)

Glad to see more people getting on board)

Mix-up
Group Contributor

indeed that is reassuring
Thanks for the ref that will help a lot
Nice OC and very interesting, I wonder if she sometime wear a prosthetic?

OC: https://www.deviantart.com/kikio3000/art/My-OC-With-Pinkie-Pie-Plushie-Improvement-Meme-728669235

Nice OCs, everypony! :D

Me answering Mix-up's rules:

"I am also open to hear suggestions of what sort of Christmas/Hearthwarming group theme I could follow the spirit of the season, between the regular party with the tree, a scatting ring, decorating, present unwrapping, singing carols, or snowpony sculpting."

ALL of them -two or three ponies could do one thing, such as I would like to build a snowpony with somepony. Not sure who to ask yet, though.
Any other person who wants to do this with me, please respond. :)

Also Mix-up, could you zoom in the upcoming party picture either more than or like the Halloween picture/collab at the bottom picture that I was in?
AKA:

It was a lot easier to see the characters. In these collabs, the pictures are "taken" usually very far away and it is usually hard to see everyone's ocs. :twilightsmile:

Also, it would be great to have a happy smile and Pikachu hat on - like my profile pic, please, Mix-up. Haha, what's with me and wanting/drawing costumes for my character?
Ooh, Mix-up, you could put the party collabs on a separate folder in your Deviantart account so we can all find the folder quickly and see its growth!
Anyway, I'm leaving you alone from my endless jabbering now, XD.

"Do NOT pester or badger me to give a free slot, you will be thoroughly be ignored and no Hearthwarming party for you."

HAHAHAHA "No Hearthwarming party for you!" XD it sounds so funny!

"*If this project doesn't elicit at least more than ten inscriptions then the Party will be canceled."

OHNOGUYS! Get your friends in on this! We need three more people/inscriptions after me! :pinkiegasp: (It's no WONDER scifipony is in twice!)

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Thanks for the info dudette I will do my best to find somepony to help you make a snow pony with with. by the way do you have an updated version of your ponysona as a reference for me to use for the project?

my oc as slightly larger pony alicorn
other pony sizes compare to her foal height for a normal pony size adult.
along with her duffle bag saddlebag

for pose surprise me

Crimmar
Group Admin

The resolution is kinda small, but am I reading right that her dislike is "Racisim?"

yes i hate it, but Ok with a lot stuff but I dislike that stuff or similar action toward racist. Oh, I had to switch device to it grammar app installed on this device.

Yay, that was nice of you to try to do that, also, not yet + it's basically the same brown alicorn from the 2018 picture you made, but with black pinkie pie-ish hair.

Hope there are enough people that can participate! :) :pinkiehappy:

p.s. I have added FlashTruth
so fell free to pick what he is doing with Light Heart

Light is crashing through a window on skis. You may want to rethink that.

FlashTruth is following after him ?

Or Light falling onto him.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Skipped the Halloween Party from last year but wouldn't mind joining this year's Hearth's Warming party.

What's the deadline? Didn't see it in the original post but might've overlooked it. If there's some spare slots towards the end then I may decide to enter multiple ocs.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

The deadline was admirably a bit fuzzy, mainly due that I schedule for the December period was unclear at the time. But after revising things I would say that next week Friday the 10th of December will be the absolute deadline and that I will start working on the art piece in that time.

For the multiple OC's, you are welcome to add more if you feel financially secure in investing in that.

Huh, December 10th? I feel like 1.5 weeks into the month is a bit sooner than you closed the Halloween themed works. On the plus side, it gives you more time to work on it.

Thinking the most slots I'd get is about three: Lunar Dusk, Downpour, and Screeching Echoes. I still think I'll wait until sometime next week & see if some more people are interested before I grab three slots.

By the way, is this intended to be an indoor or outdoor piece? I have some ideas of what they'd be doing for the latter but not the former.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Glad to hear you are interested in joining in. The reason that the deadline is sooner is that I have gotten a lot more busy with commissions these days, as well as not as fast as I usually am, and I need a larger margin of error to dedicate time for this kind of big project. Looking forward to doing those OC's

I'd like it if'n I could join in, I'm thinking this guy would likely be helping haul in presents or something else...

He is after all, the head of the Apploosa chapter of the Harness Guild

Mix-up
Group Contributor

A delivery pony would certainly be a nice addition to the group, welcome aboard dude.

Oh hey, my post on Discord boar some fruit after all. Welcome aboard, Javarod!

For context, I shared the link in one of my Discords to see if anyone there was interested.
While I have your attention, thinking I may enter just Lunar Dusk & Downpour rather than all three of them. I feel I need to develop Screeching Echoes a bit more before I get some more art of her. Got that piece of her about a year ago, back when my plans for her were slightly different. Sorry if you were looking forward to drawing all three of them! :twilightsheepish:

7610615 7610632
Mhm... can I have FlashTruth was helping him
before getting hit by Light Heart ?

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Thank you for helping spreading the word on the group Hearthwarming Party dudette.

7610702 7610615
I don't see why not unless if Javarod has any objections to it.

I don't see why not unless if Javarod has any objections to it.I got no truck with it

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 61