Friendship Is Awesomes 297 members · 14,290 stories
Comments ( 62 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 62
JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #1 · May 2nd · · ·

Hey everyone,

So, after a discussion in the post 'I feel that Fimfiction hates the truth', I admitted to being curious about whether or not we should make a forum group dedicated solely to our OCs. You know, like, name it something involving OCs and have it be a place specifically for posts that let them bounce their personalities off each other and see how they interact.

Both Mystic Sunrise and Silver Dragon Blade Wing showed interest in the idea, but I wanted to know what everyone else thought. Do you think a new forum group could be interesting? Or should we stick to the Friendship is Awesome forum here?

Do it. I'm interested as well with both my Willight Robinbine and MagicalPony ocs.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Yeah, I feel because how our OCs have gotten expanded and developed, yeah, it's for the best we should make our own forum focusing on our OCs.

Plus, I also want to get away from any posts on this forum that contain negativity, especially Ubel's post... I want to start with a clean slate.

And the new forum would allows us to focus on our OCs more.

It's kinda like leaving your old job and create your own company or a band member leaves their old band to form their own new band... kinda Start my own trope.

Go ahead, King... I am ready for the next chapter.

NOTE: If you do create the new forum, I might considered about leaving Friendship is Awesome Forum... I been on this forum for about 3 and a half years... what's the point of posting OCs posts on Friendship is Awesome forum if we got a forum dedicated to them?

I might do a farewell post once you made a new forum, King.

I'd say at the very least give it a shot, I'm open for it. :pinkiehappy: πŸ‘

I do have to agree with Ragnarok in getting away from the negativity, that and I've noticed there hasn't been much of other posts beyond our OCs interacting with each other.

Now don't get me wrong; I'll be staying in the Friendship is Awesome group, but likely won't be posting too much more depending on what happens in the future, let's just wait and see.

That's a tough decision. On the one hand, our OCs have literally taken over this group, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to give them their own group. But on the other hand, we've got posts here that are necessary for any upcoming posts we might create in the other group, like my Crescent Plays P5R series.

You could go ahead and make the group, but what's going to become of the Friendship is Awesome group?

Do it and man am I glad how wholesome that convo turned out to be. I was not expecting it to continue going. I like having these convos with you guys and I think a new forum for OCs are cool too.

JNKing
Group Admin

Thank you guys for your feedback. :pinkiehappy:

Sounds like we'll be having a new group going forward.

on the other hand, we've got posts here that are necessary for any upcoming posts we might create in the other group, like my Crescent Plays P5R series.

I think we can still link to those if need be, in order to provide context to any new posts we make on the new group.

You could go ahead and make the group, but what's going to become of the Friendship is Awesome group?

I think Silver put it best:

'don't get me wrong; I'll be staying in the Friendship is Awesome group, but likely won't be posting too much more depending on what happens in the future, let's just wait and see.'

We'll still have the forum group (hence why I don't think you need to leave, Ragnarok), it just won't see as much use from us anymore.

Oh, also, what do you guys think we should name this group? I was considering 'Tales of the OCs', but that feels a little too generic. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks as always for sharing. :pinkiehappy:

Hm... I remember you mentioning something about how this forum is a place for us to β€˜train’ our OCs, and in a way it feels like how actors hang out and are just themselves backstage. What about naming the new group in a way that's reminiscent of how our OCs function in the group compared to in our actual stories? For instance, an example might be "The OC Sandbox" to reference how we basically use the group to flesh out and come up with adventures for our OCs while our stories are the β€˜Campaign Mode’. That being said, we can always change the name at any time, so don't feel pressured.:twilightsmile:

It would be nice to express myself as a Broodian anyway. I'd say go for it!

I agree. Our OCs have evolved beyond a point to where they should have their own group.

JNKing
Group Admin

Thanks for the feedback, buddy. :pinkiehappy:

Do you have any suggestions on what we could name this new group? I was considering 'Tales from our OCs', but Kelduo also had an interesting one like 'The OC Sandbox' (referencing to how we use the group to flesh out our characters and come up with adventures).

Your thoughts?

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #12 · May 2nd · · ·

I appreciate the feedback, Kelduo. :pinkiehappy:

I also like 'OC Sandbox'. Reminds me a little of sandbox games - which, as you mentioned, our characters could be considered to be a part of.

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #13 · May 2nd · · ·

Thank you guys again for your feedback and input. I'm going to start working on making this group, and will make another post when it's ready for you guys.

Looking forward to sharing new adventures with everyone. :raritystarry: πŸ‘

That's exactly what I was going for. More specifically, I was comparing this group not just to games where you can create your own courses or challenges, but ones that have both the sandbox mode and a story or campaign mode, like Super Mario Maker 2 or LittleBigPlanet, where our stories would be the "Story Mode".

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #16 · May 2nd · · ·

Sort of, yeah; just with our own spin on it. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #17 · May 2nd · · ·

:raritystarry: Excellent. πŸ‘

7964738 7964870
Only thing I can think of to add is a dedicated archive thread for all the past story and fun posts. That way, anyone new won't have to be an archaeologist to find them all in this group.

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #19 · May 2nd · · ·

Good idea.

I was also considering having everyone put a primary post explaining who their OCs are; like the very first post they insert is all about their OC and the things they've gone through together.

A sort of recap that can also include links to the older threads so it's easier to catch up.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

We'll still have the forum group (hence why I don't think you need to leave, Ragnarok), it just won't see as much use from us anymore.

Well, thank for letting me know.

Just for that, I won't be leaving after all.

I was also considering having everyone put a primary post explaining who their OCs are; like the very first post they insert is all about their OC and the things they've gone through together.

A sort of recap that can also include links to the older threads so it's easier to catch up.

That's a good idea to give those who never been on this forum an idea who are our OCs.

I am looking forward for the new group forum focused on our OCs. :pinkiehappy:

I second that. We could also make another post for all of us to put our OC's appearances as a reminder of what they look like, as with in Friendship is Awesome.

I think we can still link to those if need be, in order to provide context to any new posts we make on the new group.

That would likely be for the best, because transferring all those posts would be quite the job considering how many we've all made on the forum.

Don't have any ideas for names, but will see if anything comes to mind.

Looking forward to sharing new adventures with everyone. :raritystarry: πŸ‘

So am I. :pinkiehappy: πŸ‘

I also second (or third?) that, already got an idea of a layout for my OCs, including some new ones coming in later story chapters.

So the layout idea; First their appearance, then a bit of their personally under appearance, then a little bit of backstory under personally.

If anyone else wants to do their own post with this layout go right ahead. :twilightsmile:

I think I have a few ideas for a name.

One of them is 'OC Adventures' or 'The OC Chronicles'.

But what stuck to me the most is "The Storyboards'. Mainly because as we interact with each other we are basically bouncing off our own responses and adding more as we on.

JNKing
Group Admin

But what stuck to me the most is "The Storyboards'. Mainly because as we interact with each other we are basically bouncing off our own responses and adding more as we on.

That actually does make a lot of sense. I like the Storyboards. :raritystarry:

Though, I was also thinking about it over work, and part of me is scared that the admins will mistake our work for role-playing and ban our group. So, I was thinking about how we could make it clear that these are meant to be writing exercises that have really helped us strengthen our characters.

It caused me to think of the name 'The Writing Gym', since people exercise in gyms, and we're basically exercising in writing. Though I'm a little worried it's not as clever as I thought it was while at work.

What do you guys think? 'The Storyboards' or 'The Writing Gym'. I'm torn on both, and would love your opinion.

One other thing I was thinking about: part of me wants to try and do a soft reboot of my own OCs: in essence, once the new group is made, I'd slowly re-introduce my OCs one by one. I'd start by introducing Connors, who'd serve as the welcoming host, then introduce Star Wing as the hero, then Swift, then Jackknife, and on and on until everyone is re-established.

I feel it would be a great opportunity to redo their establishing character moments (like taking out those horrible first impressions Antenna, Drake and Brock made), as well as create a small story arc of sorts where each re-introduced character expands on the story (We'd start with Star Wing returning home to Luna, transition to her meeting Swift, Jackknife and Diamondback, with them introducing us to Drake, Drake revealing that his dragons have allied with Equestrian dragons, and are fighting diamond dogs who allied with Myst, leading to Myst and the wolves being introduced as your OCs help break up the fighting, which will inevitably lead to them meeting Luco again, and then figuring out how to introduce the rest of the cast from there)

Oh, and for anyone who's worried about existing relationships being retconned - like Star and Aura or Blue and Ryder - we could have it so that when they see your OCs, they regain the memories of their time with them, allowing a quick re-establishment of their relationships.

Thoughts?

Thank you guys again for helping me with this. Really helps the formation of this group feel like a team effort. :pinkiehappy:

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

What do you guys think? 'The Storyboards' or 'The Writing Gym'. I'm torn on both, and would love your opinion.

I'm down with The Storyboards cause it's more clever than The Writing Gym.

That's my opinion.

One other thing I was thinking about: part of me wants to try and do a soft reboot of my own OCs: in essence, once the new group is made, I'd slowly re-introduce my OCs one by one. I'd start by introducing Connors, who'd serve as the welcoming host, then introduce Star Wing as the hero, then Swift, then Jackknife, and on and on until everyone is re-established.

I feel it would be a great opportunity to redo their establishing character moments (like taking out those horrible first impressions Antenna, Drake and Brock made), as well as create a small story arc of sorts where each re-introduced character expands on the story (We'd start with Star Wing returning home to Luna, transition to her meeting Swift, Jackknife and Diamondback, with them introducing us to Drake, Drake revealing that his dragons have allied with Equestrian dragons, and are fighting diamond dogs who allied with Myst, leading to Myst and the wolves being introduced as your OCs help break up the fighting, which will inevitably lead to them meeting Luco again, and then figuring out how to introduce the rest of the cast from there)

Oh, and for anyone who's worried about existing relationships being retconned - like Star and Aura or Blue and Ryder - we could have it so that when they see your OCs, they regain the memories of their time with them, allowing a quick re-establishment of their relationships.

Considered this is for new forum, it's make sense to have a soft reboot on our OCs.

Though, I am a bit worried it's going to take forever considered how you and Aura tend to drag on beyond the re-introduction... feeling it would make it too complicated.

For now, just let it short and sweet... get to the point type of re-introduction so the other writers would get the idea of who are those guys and what is their quirk and their charms.

They're not here for any drama... they just want to know who are those OCs and why should they get to know them?

Also, other writers want to re-introduce their OCs as well, so save some space for their OCs, King.

That's my suggestion... I'm not big on dragging stuffs.

EDIT: Like Aura, I won't re-introducing my OCs one by one cause it would take forever to do that and plus, I have so many of my OCs.

I think I would have Kyan explaining about my OCs and who they are just to get to the point.

Again, I don't like dragging things forever.

Thank you guys again for helping me with this. Really helps the formation of this group feel like a team effort. :pinkiehappy:

Always happy to help you out. :twilightsmile:

If you want to do a soft reboot on your OCs, then go for it.πŸ‘

Personally, I won't since I like where my Characters are at the moment. I will start by introducing Chrono who explains what he is and acts as a narrator while my OCs are being introduced as well as give some backstory on certain ones.

No prob King!:pinkiehappy:

And if you need anymore help I'll gladly join, even though I am technically supposed to be on hiatus, but my life has gotten to a point where its returned to normal. Finding a new job is the last thing left which is tame compared to all the other stuff that has happened to me. So long as I am still financially stable everything should be back to normal for me.

Though, I am a bit worried it's going to take forever considered how you and Aura tend to drag on beyond the re-introduction... feeling it would make it too complicated.

Yeah, sorry about that.:twilightblush:

Those mostly happen cause I am in between work, which causes me to rush things and make it shorter, which then makes the posts last longer. I don't like to drag them on either, but its better then putting down nothing at all.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

I'm understand.

Try your best to not add any unexpected story elements like you doing with Fenrir... all you have to do is to do the re-introduction of your OCs so to give other writers an idea who are those guys... also, save any story elements you planned for future posts, no one is rushing you, Aura.

Imagine you are doing an extended version of those RWBY trailer shorts but with your OCs instead.

A simple re-introduction, that's all i ask for... sound good? :twilightsmile:

Yep!:pinkiehappy:

As I told King; I plan on Chrono introducing everyone as a narrator, going over who each OC is. No story, no plot, just introductions. Maybe a slight change to a few OC's backstories here and there but nothing to drastic.:derpytongue2:

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Good to know.

Thank you, Aura. :twilightsmile:

Though, I was also thinking about it over work, and part of me is scared that the admins will mistake our work for role-playing and ban our group. So, I was thinking about how we could make it clear that these are meant to be writing exercises that have really helped us strengthen our characters.

That is a good point, though we have been doing that or something similar on the Friendship is Awesome Forum and hadn't had any issues, and making it clear that it's for creative writing would help. Although, I feel role-playing is going to be unavoidable regardless. But having said that; it is our OCs interacting with each other, so is it really role-play? Just to clarify; I have no issues with role-play. :twilightsmile:

I'm torn on both too, but I think "The Storyboards" sounds a little better in my opinion.

If you want to that's your choice, and all you're really doing is re-introducing them (and fixing those less-then good first impressions πŸ‘). But for me I'm not going to reboot any of my OCs since I like them where they are at the moment, so I'll stick to what I mentioned in my last comment above.

That's good to know, was a little worried there. :twilightsmile:

Although; another idea is we could have it where this could be how our OCs meet each other "officially" (firsts meetings in our posted stories, like the eventually meeting of Star and Dragonfly probably should be kept separate to avoid confusion) but certain elements, like Antenna knowing Dragonfly from when they were Nymphs could be mentioned and help better establish the relationships between the OCs.

Just using Dragonfly as an example but you get the idea.

Happy to help King. :pinkiehappy: Looking forward to when the group is ready.

Hey guys, something I just wanted to ask (making sure we're all on the same page and all), are we going to be adding our posted stories to the group? Not the forum ones, but our personal ones from our accounts.

I'm fine with it regardless of whether or not the answer is yes or no, just something I thought might be a good idea to address first. :twilightsmile:

Hey guys, something I just wanted to ask (making sure we're all on the same page and all), are we going to be adding our posted stories to the group? Not the forum ones, but our personal ones from our accounts.

I'm fine with it regardless of whether or not the answer is yes or no, just something I thought might be a good idea to address first. :twilightsmile:

Personally, I would. It would give others a chance to learn more about our characters.

JNKing
Group Admin

Yes. That was something else I wanted everyone to include on their first posts featuring the OCs: the stories that said OCs are either in or we're planning to put them in get a mention, and then those stories can be added to the group to make it easier for readers to find them.

So, like, for example, in Wing's first post, I'd mention that she's appeared in 'Star of the Sea', 'Survival of the Wolves', and 'Of Scales and Fur' Book 4, and make sure to post the fimfiction stories on the group so they can be read.

JNKing
Group Admin

If you want to do a soft reboot on your OCs, then go for it.πŸ‘

Thanks, buddy. :pinkiehappy:

Oh, by the way, I'm planning for reboot Shiva and the wolves to have little to no memory of Aura and the Guardians. We're going to leave everything bad that happened with them behind, and start fresh. At most, I'll maybe imply that Shiva knows Aura, and that'll be due to her having a sort of prophet vibe going on, with her serving as the pack's shaman. But all the bad stuff and arguments; I want to leave those behind for good.

Granted, the dragons are going to be introduced first, and the wolves (specifically Myst) will start off a semi-antagonistic role since the dragons will be fighting with them when they're met, but Shiva will still be the key to bringing peace between the two factions, and I'm hopeful that this time, I can show more of her peaceful personality, along with Luke getting to show more of that lovable dumbo side to him. :twilightsmile:

I've also got some pretty fun ideas for how my OCs will re-introduce themselves. Like how, instead of Swift or Jackknife initially appearing as villains, they'll actually appear as heroes, with Swift's establishing character moment possibly being getting some griffons to leave Fluttershy alone, before fainting from sheer terror the minute the griffons leave, showcasing how he can be very brave when the situation calls for it, but in his case, bravery is far from the absence of fear.

Oh, and fair warning: I want to make Luco a little more intimidating in the reboot. I remember how Aura derided his 'so-called fight' the first time they met (not unfairly, I'll admit, since Luco did pretty much get bodied), and the more I've been developing my novel series OSAF, the more I'm realizing that Luco is technically more of a Gallant level threat (mainly in how both Luco and Gallant serve the final boss), since he's behind a lot of the conflict in OSAF, and much like William Afton in FNAF, death hasn't stopped OSAF's Luco from causing trouble. So, I'll definitely be saving Luco for later, or at the very least try to give him an introduction more fitting to his character.

Personally, I won't since I like where my Characters are at the moment. I will start by introducing Chrono who explains what he is and acts as a narrator while my OCs are being introduced as well as give some backstory on certain ones.

That sounds good.

Since I was hoping for Shiva and the others to have a fresh start, do you think we can combine it somewhat: like Mika, Saki and Artemis will still be with the pack when they get re-introduced (explaining how Jazz can still have Marcus and Lupa along with Joey, Rox and Amber), and Myst will still be Aster's mom, recognizing him if he shows back up before she's re-introduced? I also like the idea of Shiva still knowing Aura, since she's going to have more of a shaman-like role in the pack.

And if you need anymore help I'll gladly join, even though I am technically supposed to be on hiatus, but my life has gotten to a point where its returned to normal. Finding a new job is the last thing left which is tame compared to all the other stuff that has happened to me. So long as I am still financially stable everything should be back to normal for me.

That's awesome! :raritystarry: I'm so happy for you buddy.

And thanks again for the offer. I'll definitely let you know if there's anything else I need. πŸ‘

JNKing
Group Admin

:twilightsheepish: Yeah, sorry about that one. We were trying to let Aura go off on hiatus on a positive note, but there were a lot of loose ends we needed to tie up.

For now, just let it short and sweet... get to the point type of re-introduction so the other writers would get the idea of who are those guys and what is their quirk and their charms.

That was exactly my thoughts. :pinkiehappy:

EDIT: Like Aura, I won't re-introducing my OCs one by one cause it would take forever to do that and plus, I have so many of my OCs.

I think I would have Kyan explaining about my OCs and who they are just to get to the point.

Yeah that makes sense.

I was considering bulk profiles - where the characters would get introduced as a faction rather than individually, in the hopes that it would save time. So, like, for example, the wolf pack would all get introduced together (which I'm a little uncertain about, since I wanted their establishing character moments to be like the Meet the Team videos from Team Fortress 2 - I changed things up a bit so Luke is more like the Pyro (enemies fear him while allies know he's a big teddy bear), Darius is more like the Demoman (his crossbow fires sticky grenades like Demoman's Sticky Bomb launcher), Jazz is the Sniper (Darius is more versatile and fights at medium and long range, while Jazz is better at pure long range), and Myst is a weird combination of the Soldier and the Heavy (she has Heavy's Russian accent and Soldier's boisterous insanity) - but I'm sure we'll figure a way around it).

But yeah, I'll do my best not to drag it out. The main point isn't to make some big story, but to re-introduce the characters.

Think like these profile pictures that Skailla uses on Deviantart:

In the description, Skailla also lists the name, nickname, species, age, height, job, personality, background, relations and trivia. I'd like to do something similar, just with adding things like stories they're a part of, maybe eye and hair color, and establishing character moment.

JNKing
Group Admin

I think "The Storyboards" sounds a little better in my opinion.

I'm down with The Storyboards cause it's more clever than The Writing Gym.

Sounds like we have a majority. The Storyboards, it is. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

That is a good point, though we have been doing that or something similar on the Friendship is Awesome Forum and hadn't had any issues, and making it clear that it's for creative writing would help. Although, I feel role-playing is going to be unavoidable regardless. But having said that; it is our OCs interacting with each other, so is it really role-play? Just to clarify; I have no issues with role-play. :twilightsmile:

Neither do I, but I still want to be careful. I've really enjoyed seeing our characters interact, and I don't want to risk ruining that.

I'm not going to reboot any of my OCs since I like them where they are at the moment, so I'll stick to what I mentioned in my last comment above.

Alright, sounds good.

That's good to know, was a little worried there. :twilightsmile:

Yeah, no way Star or Antenna are forgetting Dragonfly.

In fact, part of me wanted to imply that Star and Antenna have been with Dragonfly even before they re-establish themselves.

Like, for example, I was planning on Star's establishing character moment to be her returning to Equestria after she learns Luna was brought back from the moon. I like the idea that maybe she was still seeing Dragonfly before then, so that when they meet up again, it's less like two strangers meeting and more like two old friends reuniting.

I'm a little worried that the timing of Star's return might fly in the face of Dragonfly's place in the timeline, since he helped handle Nightmare Moon and was sort of doing his own thing around that time (if I'm remembering Dragonfly Hive correctly :twilightsheepish:) but, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

I feel it would be a great opportunity to redo their establishing character moments (like taking out those horrible first impressions Antenna, Drake and Brock made), as well as create a small story arc of sorts where each re-introduced character expands on the story (We'd start with Star Wing returning home to Luna, transition to her meeting Swift, Jackknife, and Diamondback, with them introducing us to Drake, Drake revealing that his dragons have allied with Equestrian dragons, and are fighting diamond dogs who allied with Myst, leading to Myst and the wolves being introduced as your OCs help break up the fighting, which will inevitably lead to them meeting Luco again, and then figuring out how to introduce the rest of the cast from there)

Does sound fun for sure. Though with Pearl, there's one bit I'm more than happy to retcon out of existence and have them start totally over again with that one piece forgotten by all.

Helping to break up the fight between dragon and wolf also gives me a chance to show things I've only hinted at, and if Luco's going to be an even more unlikable jerk than he already is (at least in my character's opinions), hiding it is no longer an option.

Oh, by the way, I'm planning for reboot Shiva and the Wolves to have little to no memory of Aura and the Guardians. We're going to leave everything bad that happened with them behind and start fresh. At most, I'll maybe imply that Shiva knows Aura, and that'll be due to her having a sort of prophet vibe going on, with her serving as the pack's shaman. But all the bad stuff and arguments; I want to leave those behind for good.

Granted, the dragons are going to be introduced first, and the wolves (specifically Myst) will start off a semi-antagonistic role since the dragons will be fighting with them when they're met, but Shiva will still be the key to bringing peace between the two factions, and I'm hopeful that this time, I can show more of her peaceful personality, along with Luke getting to show more of that lovable dumbo side to him. :twilightsmile:

Now I wonder if Shiva would keep her berserk buttons as well, since this is seemingly starting all over from scratch, all the abuse and torment Marlon put the wolves through might not have happened or she has no memory of it πŸ€”.

JNKing
Group Admin

Does sound fun for sure. Though with Pearl, there's one bit I'm more than happy to retcon out of existence and have them start totally over again with that one piece forgotten by all.

I know what you mean. I still don't like how I handled Shiva or Luke, so I'm hoping this will give me the opportunity to give them a new start.

Helping to break up the fight between dragon and wolf also gives me a chance to show things I've only hinted at, and if Luco's going to be an even more unlikable jerk than he already is (at least in my character's opinions), hiding it is no longer an option.

Sounds like it'll be fun. :pinkiehappy: I look forward to seeing what Pearl will bring to the table.

Now I wonder if Shiva would keep her berserk buttons as well, since this is seemingly starting all over from scratch, all the abuse and torment Marlon put the wolves through might not have happened or she has no memory of it πŸ€”.

Most of her berserk buttons are still there: she still suffered through the dog fighting pit and the Displaced Tournament, so her dislike of fighting and warriors who draw out conflict will remain. But her hatred of One Piece won't be quite as sharp as it was before (since, as you mentioned, those attacks will not have happened in this timeline), and I also intend for her to be far less confrontational, keeping more to a tranquil fury as opposed to how visibly livid she got when her buttons were pressed.

Additionally, Luke is going to be way more laid back, since he's meant to be someone that likes simplicity and letting others think for him, so he'll ironically be much better at keeping Shiva calm, since he'll have a very innocent if naive kindness to him.

JNKing
Group Admin

Was just about to announce the Storyboard group, but then noticed you already joined.

:twilightsmile: πŸ‘ Nice. You got ahead of me.

JNKing
Group Admin

Alright guys; just made the Storyboard group:

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/217637/the-storyboards

Still not sure how to invite you guys in or how to add stories to it, but hopefully, we can figure it out together. :pinkiehappy:

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Great! :pinkiehappy:

If you want one of us to be administrator, just go to the members' page on the forum and check on the level.

And hit on administrator, King.

I hope it helps you with it.

EDIT: I will doing 2 last posts for Friendship is Awesome forum before I completely focus on The Storyboards.

1 for the final member of The Mutants and my OCs saying goodbye to this forum before moving to the Storyboards forum. (Again, I'm not leaving Friendship is Awesome forum, it's more about the explanation about why you won't see my OCs on this forum again since they are moving to Storyboards forum)

It isn't that hard. For the inviting, we can join without an invitation; we just have to click the "Join" button on the group page.

Thoughts?

This sounds... awfully confusing to me. Are our OCs going to act as they've been doing, like they already know everyone, or will this be more like a reintroduction for ours? How will we reintroduce ours?

JNKing
Group Admin

If you want one of us to be administrator, just go to the members' page on the forum and check on the level.

And hit on administrator, King.

Thanks; just did it. You're now an admin for the Storyboard. :yay:

EDIT: I will doing 2 last posts for Friendship is Awesome forum before I completely focus on The Storyboards.

1 for the final member of The Mutants and my OCs saying goodbye to this forum before moving to the Storyboards forum. (Again, I'm not leaving Friendship is Awesome forum, it's more about the explanation about why you won't see my OCs on this forum again since they are moving to Storyboards forum)

Sounds good. I wonder if I should do a post as well for my OCs to say goodbye as well, or if I might have them reply to yours and have it so that they're going to the Storyboards together.

Either way, I look forward to sharing this next stage of our writing journey together, my friend. :pinkiehappy:

Thanks as always for sharing. πŸ‘

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #48 · May 3rd · · ·

This sounds... awfully confusing to me. Are our OCs going to act as they've been doing, like they already know everyone, or will this be more like a reintroduction for ours? How will we reintroduce ours?

This would be more like our OCs remember each other, and it's like old friends meeting back up. Everyone will just have a chance to reinvent themselves if they want.

For example, Swift was introduced alongside Blaze, Jackknife and Diamondback, and only stood out as cowardly. In the Storyboards, I plan for him to re-introduce himself as more of a cowardly lion, standing up to some bullies on Fluttershy's behalf and getting them to go away, only to reveal he was terrified out of his mind the entire time.

If there was a different way you wanted to introduce one of your OCs, this would be the perfect way for them to use that new introduction. Our OCs might still recognize each other, but they'll still notice how your OCs have grown and changed based on how they re-introduce themselves.

Alright, I think I understand. It'll be like our OCs are all moving to a new town after having lived together in the old town that was Friendship is Awesome, saying goodbye to their old selves and whatnot.

JNKing
Group Admin
JNKing #50 · May 3rd · · ·

Exactly.

My own OCs are going to be doing a bit of a makeover for themselves, but I'm hoping it'll help them in the long run, since it'll let me expand on the characterization I've given them since their introductions.

But above all, don't worry about Star forgetting about Torrent and Cosmic; she'll definitely remember them and be very happy to see them in the Storyboard town. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 62