Positive Ponies 3,479 members · 1,461 stories
Comments ( 86 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 86

“When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis, On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature

Hopefully that works (the one above). If the image doesn't show up I also posted it as text anyway. I rather like this one as it applies to this fandom especially (and really, liking anything 'childish', like video games, cartoons in general, etc.

“Your life is your own. Rise up and live it.”
― Terry Goodkind, Faith of the Fallen

I see a lot of quotable stuff here and there when reading, but I rarely think to write them down and I inevitably forget about them.

The past can hurt but the way I see it. You can either run from it or learn from it.
-Rafiki from the Lion King

Here is an anonymous quote I found on sharing a smile :pinkiesmile:

A smile is nature's best antidote for discouragement. It brings rest to the weary, sunshine to those who are frowning, and hope to those who are hopeless and defeated. A smile is so valuable that it can't be bought, begged, borrowed, or taken away against your will. You have to be willing to give a smile away before it can do anyone else any good. So if someone is too tired or grumpy to flash you a smile, let him have one of yours anyway. Nobody needs a smile as much as the person who has none to give.

If you cannot accept who you are, your life may seem like a bad dream.

~ Princess Luna

I may disagree with him on certain topics, but this Guy has his ways to inspire and educate. :twilightsmile:

Practice of Historical European Martials Arts got my mind intact through the darkest of places. If you feel like it, try it out!

I am fearful, so I study boldness.
I am weak, so I study strength.
I am slow, so I study speed.
I am rash, so I study prudence.
I do not believe in innate talent.
-Guy Windsor

How the magic of friendship grows

Twilight sparkle

Comment posted by MLPkillers deleted Feb 1st, 2021

“The price of freedom is high, it always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not.”

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

A few things directly from me:

"Don't think of death as the end of your life; think of it as a reason to make the best of it!"

"Making a mistake is not a bad thing. Making a mistake and not learning from it definitely is!"

"Suicide is like alt-f4-ing in an online game - it ultimately achieves nothing but leaving behind those who might need your help."

And lastly:
"Being narcissistic isn't necessarily a bad thing. Being focused only on yourself is better than going through life with no focus at all."

The fire in you feeds on your imagination. Become an inferno.

-Me

ENOUGH! Because of you, I almost lost my way! But everycreature here has reminded me of the true power of friendship! There will always be darkness in the world, but there will also always be those who find the light! The Pillars knew this! That's why they created the Elements of Harmony! The Elements showed me and my friends how strong our friendship could be! Together we worked to bring harmony to Equestria! But there will always be more to do! Which is why we teach others about the Magic of Friendship! Others who will continue our mission after we are gone! Now I truly understand! The Elements were just symbols! The real magic has always been right here! And the more who understand how powerful friendship is, the stronger we will all be! Together!

Twilight sparkle

"How great it is when we come to know that times of disappointment can be followed by joy; that guilt over falling short of our ideals can be replaced by pride in doing all that we can; and that anger can be channeled into creative achievements ... and into dreams that we can make come true."

- Ted 'Mister' Rogers

Comment posted by Bevon_1_Nub deleted Mar 24th, 2021

Today you are you, that is truer than true
There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Comment posted by BezierBallad deleted Apr 18th, 2021
Comment posted by PrinceOfDarkness deleted Sep 5th, 2021

When you feel that you're at the point where things can't get any worse, it's usually the point where things start to get better.

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." - Robin Williams.

(Be good people y'all!)

Pobody's Nerfect.
-I dunno.

You are your own purpose.

The only way out is through.

We made it through the darkest part of the night.

The setting sun is the end of the cold night, and the beginning of a new day.

You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches!
// Dita Von Teese

Know that negativity comes from aggressive individuals, and encouragement comes from representatives of the people.

"Your story may not have a happy begining... But that doesnt define who you are. It is the rest of the story that matters. Who you choose to be?"

Y'all like an inspirational quote?

"To find the fire within, one must first find the spark that kindles the flame"

I helped someone with this and still keep it in a box somewhere

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh

I think Fluttershy would appreciate that mantra.

Same for this one too.

We can make ourselves better even if we or others think it's impossible.

Life is a game
Play it well
You create your own heaven
You dig your own hell

💐 Beauty in The Natural, because you're naturally beautiful.

The unique colors you bring to the earth, that is your gift.

And shouldn't all gifts be shared? 💐

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Aww, that itself is beautiful 💖

Without experiencing the storm, one can not see the light break from the clouds. Nothing worthwhile is easy, keep moving forward.

Dunno if this counts here, but I think it is a nice quote about reality that keeps me going whenever I think it gets too bad.

“Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it."

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”

From Dragonlance, Raistlin Majere to Tanis Half-Elven. (And no, I am definitely not a giant fan of Raistlin, the best Edgelord character ever written:heart:)

”One thing about trains - it doesn’t matter where you’re going. What matters is whether you get on or not.”
- The Conductor

"Do your best and have fun, with all you do! ~ Nobody can take that from you!"

Let me tell you a secret. There is nothing in this world worth having that does not bring with it the possibility of pain. But there is no pain that compares with that of the pain of having never tried--of failing before one has even began. By going through with it, you’ll finally know, and then things can proceed from there.

- Baby Seal Burritos (I think, that's where I found it; in one of his fics)

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 86