Saving Sombra 107 members · 216 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Scroll
Group Contributor

Got two stories where Sombra is nowhere near the main character but plays a vital role in the story. They are as follows:

[Adult story embed hidden]

and

TSky Dancer, the First Flying Unicorn
On her birthday, Star Breeze discovers a lot more about her father's past than she thought she would hear.
Scroll · 345k words  ·  27  1 · 1.1k views

To me, Sombra represents the darkest element I've ever seen in the show canon. I see him as fearsome and majestic. Strategic and arrogant. Two videos online I draw primary inspiration from, and these videos are mostly cannon to "Sky Dancer" especially. They are A Tale of One Shadow, and The Fall of the Crystal Empire.

Sky Dancer is interesting as it paints him as both the hero and a villain. When he appears, it gives him in a more positive but also sad story considering his tragic backstory. Even as a broken pony, however, he still manages to serve a vital role of hope for the heroes of that story. Overall I'd say "Sky Dancer" mostly have a positive vibe but, considering Sombra's dual role in this story, I added this story to the "sad" folder despite lacking that tag.

In "The Shadow Queen", his arrival in the story is quite late and, even then, there is a twist to it. In that story he is a pure villain who represents the devil on the shoulder of the main character, driving her on to even greater nefarious acts while secretly plotting an agenda of his own.

To me, in any story I've written so far that includes him, King Sombra (also known as the Dark King in my fics) represents the darkest element of the show with a mystique to him. In any case, he's a challenge for my characters to learn and grow from, one way or another. Handled correctly (unlike that mockery of Discords at the beginning of Season 9) he serves as an essential role to drive the plot foward, even if he mostly plays a background roll.

I have a story where he's like that as well.

TI Ain't Your Sacrifice
Despite the prospect of imminent death looming all around him, the black-and-red Alicorn Crystal pony faces his challenges head on.
Bad Dragon · 4k words  ·  145  45 · 3.7k views

The story fits in this group because Sombra does the reverse of dying.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2