The Smoking Tiger Collective 69 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
horizon
Group Admin

Hey, folks! Sorry for going silent on Smoking Tigers. A few months back, both Aragón and I got socked by RL and dragged into other projects.

The good news is that I'm considering this backburnered, not dead! If you're following me, you've already seen that I'm posting monthly "State of the Horizon" updates this year — here's the latest update, and here's a slightly more comprehensive look at my other projects — and Back When Tigers Used To Smoke is one of the few things I'm tracking on the shortlist.

The bad news is that it's behind a fairly substantial project — I'm doing my best to get a book of short stories prepped for publication for the Bronycon bookstore, and the deadline is really looming on that. In between that and starting a new job in two weeks, it may be a few months before I can come up for air and refocus on this. From what I hear, Aragón's just as busy.

I don't have much else to say right now. Just trying to follow Pascoite's suggestion and keep you in the loop a little more.

Thank you again for the enthusiastic response and all of your hard work! I do intend to make that investment pay off, even if it's later than we'd all like.

RBDash47
Site Blogger

Very excited to see what comes of this project in the end.

That is good to know!
I look forward this project rising from the dead. I still have a few creature ideas to run, and I still have a few sketches to finish for the existing entries.
:twilightsmile:

horizon
Group Admin

For the record, your art went above and beyond the call of duty — that recursive creativity riffing off of other writers' words was one of the things I was most excited to see. Thank you.

Aw, thanks!
Drawing the creatures was a lot of fun, and I'll try to wrap up the ones I have by the time the project starts once more.

RL hurts all of us in one way or another. When you guys start up again I'll be there as well. Best of luck in the meantime!

Any updates on if/when you might be able to get back to this?

I think that's a "no".

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9