The (Not So) Cynical Creators Guild 230 members · 997 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Because there wasn't a tv tropes page for the group at the time, and I deleted dead links on the front page?

Though the wikia page is a dead link now too, looks like.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'd think someone listed as an admin of the group on that page should do it. :trollestia:

--Sweetie Belle

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

I just mean to make a Pinned page. :twilightsheepish:

Colonel Jenna Cipher
Group Contributor

Thanks.

Should I make a different thread for it or just pin this one?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

You could do either, but if you pin this thread, change the title, and edit the first post so the links are there.

--Sweetie Belle

Im surprised my self sacrifice to get Jesse banned wasnt mentioned.

My favorite food isn't Prego sauce. I like to take baths in Prego Sauce. My favorite foods are ass juice and semen.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

There's already a pinned thread for our TV tropes page, though it strangely doesn't contain a link.

Even now, poor fossil is the pariah amongst his fellow admins. Not even being able to join them under the admin heading:fluttercry:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I'm not under the admin heading either.

Secretly running things behind the scenes is better, tho'.

--Sweetie Belle

I’ve noticed the tv tropes page hasn’t been updated in a while and is basically dead. Just mentioning, I guess.

I’ve got an account so I’d update it except I don’t know how.

Leondude
Group Contributor

Well, when you do update, would you kindly include me in the Characters page?

Leondude
Group Contributor

Is it possible for me to be on the characters page?

If I ever figure out how to do it, sure.

Leondude
Group Contributor
Leondude
Group Contributor

Gentlemen, we have now been indexed. I was just looking at the character page to see if any tropes have been added to my folder (which there hasn't but thanks to whoever it was that added the folder in there :twilightsmile:) so I thought I might look at the main page to see if anything has changed (which there haven't been any changes to the actual page since the last time I looked at it) and I noticed something different. Last time I checked, both pages weren't indexed. But now, they are. Thought I might update you guys on this development.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

What does that mean, exactly?

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

That's awesome! Stupendous! Momentous! I have no idea what it means! But I'd like to learn.

Leondude
Group Contributor

Honestly, it doesn't mean much. It's just a little more organized and people can find our trope page easier. When I said they were indexed, that meant they were now part of an index:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanWorks/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CharacterSheets/WebOriginal

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

Hope I tagged everyone with this. Apologies if you're not interested for whatever reason.

In any case, since the person who did the tv tropes page has not been with us for a while, and I have an account, I decided it was time I buckled down and started updating it.

Since I'm largely unfamiliar with how it works, and I don't really do a lot of stuff on that site, I kept my first edit relatively small-scale.

I updated avatars for myself, LightOfTriumph, The Crazy Cazadore, and Colonel Jenna Cipher. I added an avatar for Leondude. I added a folder for AntiBronyBenSwolo with his avatar (though I don't know how to get rid of the spaces in his name yet). As well as other small stuff I may already have forgotten.

If anyone would like a trope to be added to their folder, or something like that, let me know and I'll try to figure it out.

Leondude
Group Contributor

Thanks man! :pinkiehappy:

Anyway, here is an updated list of tropes you can add to my folder. I was waiting on Mystical Rainboom to do it but I think he's busy with other stuff so...yeah.

The Anti Nihilist: With sometimes posting songs like Don't Worry, Be Happy and Always Look on The Bright Side of Life in certain threads, he really does put the "Not-So-Cynical" in Not-So-Cynical Creator's Guild.

Attention Whore: He has no problem promoting himself and his works. While it is okay within certain groups on FIMFiction, this habit has actually gotten him permanently banned from TvTropes.

The Atoner: Downplayed in that what he's trying to atone for are relatively mundane such as swearing and masturbating, but if his activity on the Christian Bronies thread is to be believed, he has been repenting and trying to make up for his sins by focusing on his stories and Twitch Let's Plays.

I Am Very British: He is also a member of the UK Bronies group and he types in British English, which is especially noticeable when he uses words like "arse".

Nightmare Fetishist: He has mentioned having a mind-control fetish and was apparently drawn to grimdark stories when first coming to FIMFiciton.

Paralyzing Fear of Sexuality: In spite of freely admitting that he likes big busts and he cannot lie (along with making unpublished webcomics using SFM with the characters of Equestria Girls that are surprisingly safe for work but he still masturbates to them), he has mentioned that he finds sex to be repulsive and shows disdain for clopfics (unless they have detailed mind control, of course).

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: He is a self-proclaimed Dark Lord of the Sith but, unless his player character during his SW:TOR playthroughs on Twitch counts, he doesn't really do anything related to the dark side.

Small Name, Big Ego: His bio has, along with the aforementioned information regarding his being a Sith Lord, labeled him as a professional voice actor and a celebrity. He is yet to meet any of those criteria.

Trademark Favourite Food: If the topic of favourite desserts come up, he will declare his favourite dessert to be donuts.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

Afraid I don't know anything about editing TVtropes. Tried it once and couldn't even figure out how to link to trope pages properly.

Fair enough. It’s a learning curve for me too.

Leondude
Group Contributor

Your welcome and thank you for updating it. :twilightsmile:

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

If you can think up a trope that suits me, I'd like one added. I don't like adding my own tropes and prefer to have other people fill in the gaps for me. :rainbowkiss: It feels more genuine that way.

Thanks for taking up the mantle, friend!

No problem! Hopefully I’ll think of something. I’m still not too familiar with many of the tropes... :twilightsheepish:

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

I'm not either. I have, however, spent hours on that site... :rainbowderp: Hours...

Quillian Inkheart
Group Contributor

Hey, I never said how many hours.

Mystical Rainboom
Group Admin

You said hours...so it’s more than one...
Now I remember, at some point on break last month I tried adding in your folder and like 6815841, the editing was so funny and goofy I could only get the name and folder XD

Anytime I tried adding in, it would cause a mistake like mixing with Lyra’s tab XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36