The (Not So) Cynical Creators Guild 230 members · 997 stories
Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37
Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

So yeah. Lyra lost every last one of her marbles down the drain. Guess we gotta start over.

Im trying to remember all the old prominent posters. Castaway, Dyslexic, Fervidor, Mega Sevenways, Time Reaper, diokno44

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

Ah. I got a few of those but I missed some, too. Thanks.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

The membership of The Insane Bat Appreciation group is a good start.

I copied the entire old front page into the Attention thread if anyone is looking for it.

--Sweetie Belle

I'm here.

Seriously wtf...

That's what we're all thinking

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

Ah! Thank you!

I'm honestly inclined to think that she was just tired of the place and looking for an exit (since her given reason is, as stated, marble-less). Which is reasonable. Especially after a spate of conflicts, her being someone not given to conflict. Thing is, the reasonable thing to do about it would have been to turn it over to one of the active mods (like our new Overdood).

She could have done so too by telling the mods

Mystical Rainboom
Group Admin

No don't!

Can't we just rename it? I'd hate to lose the page

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

No problem! The membership is mostly the people that jumped in there quickly last time.

Yeah, having almost done it once, I did feel like she was going to do it again at some point. I really wish she'd just asked one of the mods to move the foundership over to one of the other admins. I've gotten them to change foundership of a number of groups to me, so it isn't that difficult...

--Sweetie Belle

It's such a shame, I was planning on doing more things to get placed into the group.

I should have reported PMG for dishonesty and attacking others much sooner.

LightOfTriumph
Group Admin

DON'T DO THAT YET. Dammit, I haven't given up on the old group yet!

Colonel Jenna Cipher
Group Contributor

Can't the site admins restore it?

So long as it's within a certain time frame?

Mystical Rainboom
Group Admin

Crap! I really don't wanna see that page go away. It was so much fun to watch it update with goofy stuff and more

LightOfTriumph
Group Admin

We don't know yet, Eldorado hasn't gotten back to us.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

Presumably. Whether they will or not, I can't say. On the one hand, it screwed a lot of people over. On the other hand, she did technically own it.

Mystical Rainboom
Group Admin

Oh man, that bites

Fervidor
Group Contributor

You know, it's weird, I'm actually not upset at all.

If anything I'm kinda... impressed. Like, I thought Lyra was joking, but here we are.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

Having had several groups shut down on me without warning, I'm a bit less impressed.

Fervidor
Group Contributor

It's probably possible to find the data in caches. This other site I used to frequent completely wiped their fora but some poster were able to salvage a huge amount of old threads. Although, I personally don't have the technical know-how.

Well that's why when we make a new group we have to make sure we discipline ourselves so PMG and other trolls and what have you don't go insane like last time and we actually PUNISH those who try to make our group toxic.

I can be in charge of the disciplinary committee!

I'll be happy to help anyway I can....You know ;p

LightOfTriumph
Group Admin

That will help.

Why must all the juicy drama happen while I'm at work?

Mystical Rainboom
Group Admin

Or when I'm looking somewhere else or asleep?

I almost never posted in the old group, but I did read most of the threads, especially when I was bored.

And I'm, err, here now, I guess

Nice. Get this man another juice box.

Yay! I can tell I'm going to like it here

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37