CategoricalGrant's CuddleFic Contest! 152 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
CategoricalGrant
Group Admin

Been a rough year, boys and girls. I need your beautiful horse snuggle-words, and so it's time to officially announce my 2021 CUDDLEFIC CONTEST. If you aren't yet a member of the contest group, please join it at this link!

First, second, and third place prizes are first, second, and third pick of the following:
$200 USD (wow, glimmer!)
$25, and a short story based on your premise from moi
$25, and a YCH bid up to $15 for your OC or fav character
(I reserve the right to reduce the total # of prizes if less than 10 entries are submitted.)

JUDGING:
I have found some illustrious friends to help me judge, including:
Hoshizora, who has very GENEROUSLY contributed a large portion to the prize pool for the contest!
My buddy FamousLastWords, who has good taste in background ponies.
Jake The Army Guy, multi-time judger of this very contest(multi-track drifting!) and all-around based and scary sergeant-man. I think he won some sort of Bronycon talent show once... :derpyderp1:
B_25, a scary snapback-wearing dragon who at one point was posting like 3 featured stories a day and making me feel bad about myself...
And Moosetasm, a convention bro, a man who has become a dear friend to me through unclear mechanisms, and is the only one who understands my stories' obscure sci-fi references. He was also a winner last time around, so there's that.
I won't be judging, BUT- ever notice there's a GRANT on that bill? :rainbowhuh:

Stories will be judged on four categories: Cuddle quality, Story, Grammar/Mechanics, and Overall Enjoyability.

RULES:
1. Stories must be written specifically for the contest and indicated as such in the description. Feel free to otherwise post and promote as you'd like.
2. Stories must be submitted to the 2021 Contest folder in the CONTEST GROUP no later than 11:59pm CST on June 15, in the Year of our Lord 2021.
3. No Clop/Explicit Sexual content is allowed. Drugs, language, mild suggestive themes and gore are okay (I guess?)...but remember this is a cuddlefic contest you're writing for!
4. In addition to being focused primarily on the subject of cuddling/snuggling, I also require you to write towards at least one of the following prompts. They are broad and you shouldn't have any trouble...If you want to meet more than one prompt for fun, go for it!
A) Write my OC Wave Function (Purple coated, orange and black-maned unicorn doctor) into your story. He doesn't have to play a big part in the story. In fact, he doesn't even have to talk, as long as I know it's him. He's lurking inside a few of my stories, if you'd like more info. :derpyderp2:
B) Write to fit one of the general plots listed below (note that these can be peripheral criteria and don't have to be the main thrust of your story):
I) Old enemies come to a new understanding with each other
II) Cosplay plays a role in an interesting situation
III) Your pony friend(s) is/are very disappointed in you
IV) Somepony tries to overthrow the government. Sic semper tyrannis!
C) Include one of the cringe-inducing lines below in your story:
I) "Aww, are you going to kiss my hoofsies?"
II) "C-careful, my ears/horn/wings/neck is/are sensitive!"
III) "This is where the fun begins!"
IV) "If you touch me, I'm going to puke and then die."

5. I recommend a 10k word limit to make it easier on the judges and myself, but this isn't a hard and fast rule.
6. That's it...I think. Read the above again if instructions are unclear.

And...That's it. Remember, June 15 is the date! I'll be reposting these rules in the group forum. Updates to follow as necessary.

Happy writing! Remember: horses are for hugs!

I notice a lot of your stories typically have ladies cuddling dudes or vice versa. Would you be alright with ladies cuddling together?

Also, do you have a general description for your oc's behavior, or particular stories to point to about them?

CategoricalGrant
Group Admin

You can write and submit whatever you'd like, as long as it meets the contest rules!

Feel free to DM me with OC questions :3

hype hype hype

Any ETA on when the judging will commence and when we can expect the results?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6