NaNoWriMo Bronies 50 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
Moonlit Path
Group Admin

Thank you guys for joining me. :heart: We are currently at 17 members, and exactly 2 weeks (14 days) until we start. So if you know anyone who would be interested, please make sure to tell them about this. Let's see if we can get to 30 people.

randome284
Group Admin

I didn't notice is was you who was running the contest, Moon, :yay: I'll try to join moderate, but I'll probably end up only writing a thousand words. :derpytongue2: But I'll still try. If you want, I can advertise it on The Shameless Self-Promotion Bereau. When I advertised my own contest, I got about seven new people who joined,

Moonlit Path
Group Admin

5951762 It's not really a contest, but more of a challenge. Also that would be awesome. I tried to promote it in a couple groups, but no one really is going for it.

DeshLune
Group Admin

You can promote it in my group here: HERE We aren't a very large group, but we might be able to get more people...

5951745 I'll just write more of my currently running story, instead of starting a new one. Setting goal to moderate, but aiming for advanced...

Moonlit Path
Group Admin

5953148 Sounds good. Just remember that only words written in the month of June count towards the goal.

5953161 got it, I'll only start tracking on the first of june.

5953161 I'm going to be doing the same with an easy or Moderate level, depending on how it goes. I have a chapter story that I want to finish and this will be good motivation.

5951745 I'll join!

Sounds like a real fun challenge.:duck:

If you'd be a dear and like to help me Moon.:raritywink:

Give me one of each and I'll let fate guide me on this challenge!

Character:

Genre:

Theme:

Setting:

Of course I'm shooting for advanced darlings.:raritystarry:

Moonlit Path
Group Admin

5953307 Let's go with...

Character: Discord

Genre: Horror/Comedy

Theme: AU/Dream

Setting: Dragonlands

5953428 Bravo for making it ineresting.

This will be a fun challenge.

Moonlit Path
Group Admin

5953545 Thank you. I had been debating between that or...

Character: Derpy

Genre: Comedy

Theme: Derpness

Setting: Griffonstone

I went with Discord though, because you have a lot more range of motion with him.

5953573 Indeed that and Discord is always a challenge to write a long fic with.

Character: Screwball

Genre: Sad/Adventure

Theme: Reconstruction

Setting: EqG World + Equestria (Portal travelling permitted)

:trixieshiftright:

5953582 You challenge moi as well?:duck:

I'll take on both then. 100,000 words in all shouldn't be too hard.:raritywink:

5953589 As I type this, I'm actually formulating a plan to create my own little story universe, since I've already got the groundwork set in the form of stories taking place in various points of time.

Moonlit Path
Group Admin

5953589 Or you could split it 25k/25k.

I'm actually just going to be working on my story The Pinkie Mystery. (The main reason I thought of Discord.)

5953594 Sounds interesting.

Nah. I'll do 50k each. I want to push myself to advanced and beyond.

5953591 Good luck creating a universe!

Nothing is better than creating a whole new world.

5953603 A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOORRRRRLD!!! :pinkiecrazy:

:raritywink: : A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

5953620 *skips back*
I can show you the world,
Shining, shimmering, splendid,

Alternatively...
I can't show you the world,
My magic carpet is bur-ning,
:pinkiecrazy::trollestia::pinkiecrazy:

~Giggles~

:raritywink: : A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you.

Or

The same old world
A dull place I know.
But when I'm down here
It's hazy and not clear
That I'm now in a same boring world with you.

Looks interesting. Count me as one of the thirty participating. Moreover, I will take the advanced option; I exceeded that target last time, so I'll try and exceed it again. I otherwise make no promises, on account of my inconsistent track record.

That said, and since I'm aware this isn't the Equestria Daily version which I'm familiar with: is it the case that the word count must be for a novel only, or would you accept the same word count spread over two or more smaller stories?

Also, I've added a contest plug to the Time Action Glory Challenge group, which hopefully will attract more participants to this event: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/211954/time-action-glory-challenge/thread/319527/contest-plug-napowrimo-2017-by-calming-moon

EDIT: And another one to the New Groups forum. Hope it does the trick. Apologies in advance if the levity is a bit much, and I can have it changed if you like, but for a presentation, I think a bit of off-the-wall humour adds more than it subtracts: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/205258/new-groups/thread/319534/napowrimo-2017-by-calming-moon-special-june-edition-for-those-who-cant-wait-to-get-writin

Another question occurs to me. In the Equestria Daily version, they usually include weekly posts during the month, both as checkpoints for progress and as motivational prompts to encourage people to keep going. Will you be posting anything similar? I'd recommend it, as it's a good way to keep the event fresh in everyone's minds, but I don't mind if you had other plans.

I'm going to be working on my trilogy, K'eoPHa. I want to finish the first book over the summer, so I hope this will motivate me to get at least half of it done. XD, so excited. I want to finally get some writing done.
~Melly~

Moonlit Path
Group Admin

5954404 Wow, thank you so much. We've almost reached the 30 member goal. I had already planned the weekly thing. I've done NaNoWriMo and Camp the past couple years, and I would have lost motivation if it weren't for them doing check points and motivation. I had planned one daily. A quote, saying, check point, or to see if anyone needs help.

5954744 Hopefully this will help you reach your goal :pinkiesmile:

Interesting. I'm already doing well over that amount and would happily volunteer, but... it's all for stories that won't be remotely publication-ready for a very long time, and with finals right in the middle of June it's very unlikely I could stack another 50k on top of that and have it turn out remotely decent. So, alas, I'm out.

5951745 i will attempt to participate,due to how i write,i have no idea how long i will make the story

DeshLune
Group Admin

I didn't know you joined.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30