Monster Mares 589 members · 506 stories
Comments ( 90 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 90
Robipony
Group Admin

2nd Monster Mare Contest (Nightmare Night Fun)

Hello, everypony and welcome to our second Monster Mare contest. This time around we are trying to be a bit more festive and write some monster mare stories featured around the holiday that is welcoming of all monsters. Hallow... I mean, Nightmare Night. :twilightblush:

Now just because we are doing a contest about a spooky holiday, that doesn't mean your monster mare has to become involved in blood and gore. Feel free to write a cute story about a monster mare(s) having fun during the season. Use your imagination and have lots of fun. :pinkiehappy:

Now that this has been established here are the Rules: -Copied from the last time, because there is no need to reinvent the torture wheel.

• The story must be safe for work (SFW), meaning it can’t have explicit sexual content (no clop, sorry).
  • The word count has to be a minimum of 2,500 words and the story can’t exceed 8,000 words. We don’t want to burn out our judges.
  • The story has to feature a monster mare. If you need help know what a monster mare is, there is a thread for that: What is a Monster Mare. :derpytongue2:
  • They must be ponies. -No Equestria Girl Monster Girls this time around. Perhaps next time.
  • It must be a new story, it can't be a story you've already written and decided to try to submit to contest. :ajbemused:
  • All stories must be submitted to our new contest folder.
  • It goes without saying, but have fun.

The prizes are as follows:

• First Place - $20.
  • Second Place - $15.
  • Third Place - $10.
  • All Places (Whither you made it to the top 3 or not): Will have their stories featured in the Monster Mares Story List.

All courtesy of Forgetful. Can be given either as a Gift Card (Google Play, ITunes, Amazon, Steam etc.) or via PayPal.

Our Judges consist of Viper Pit and MisterEdd.

The Deadline for this contest is: October 13th 2019.

Thank you all for reading this thread. I hope you all will consider participating. :raritystarry:

Link to Original Image: Here.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Congrats on being a judge Viper.
I don't have a Pay Pal account or any way to get one. What would happen if I won but didn't want a gift card? :rainbowhuh:

Robipony
Group Admin

6946681 I'm not sure. I suppose you should ask Forgetful and see. :twilightsheepish:

What's this? More Monster Mare contest goodness? AND I'm not finding out at the last minute? This should be fun.

you know this reminds me that i had a list of Gothic horror monster girl/mare stories i wast thinking about writing, i could do one of those, but on the other hand the prize doesn't interest me so who knows, i will think about it.

Best of luck to you

Robipony
Group Admin

6946758 Admittedly, we are kind of at the mercy of those willing to offer prizes. Still I hope you will consider joining.

You could always join just to join and give the money to a author you like

Having it (Halloween/Nightmare Night) kinda throws a wrench into making a sequel for the story I entered for the last contest with, but I think I can build around it. It really all depends on the following question....

Will having the setting based around a harvest festival be accepted? Not a night of fright like many associate the holiday with, but more of a day of feasting which the holiday is originated from.

I would say yes as long as the spirit of the holiday is in the story. I myself celibate with half off candy the day after

Robipony
Group Admin

6946883 I think that would be acceptable, after all Halloween was originally a harvest festival run by the Celts before the Catholics got a hold of it.:pinkiesmile:

Good luck, participants and remember to have fun!

Hey one question but how many stories can one person submit to this contest?

Robipony
Group Admin

6947701 Well, going off of what we did in the last contest, a participant can enter as many stories as they want, however only one will earn a prize (if that makes sense). We are looking for quality not quantity. Preferably less then 3. :derpytongue2:

Okay then, i was asking due to having about three different idea's of what to do for the contest.

Robipony
Group Admin

Does it just have to take place on Nightmare Night, or does it have to involve the costumes and haunted mazes and stuff?

Robipony
Group Admin

6947948 I would probably say that it has to take place around Nightmare Night but not necessarily on Nightmare Night. Costumes, haunted mazes and stuff are probably allowed.

you know what, this sounds fun, I'm gonna do this.

Robipony
Group Admin
Robipony
Group Admin

So how is everyone doing with their writing?

Writing? What writing? I've been working on drawing the cover.

But I am writing though. I'm currently 2300 words, and I'm suspecting to nearly capping the limit like last time. Got the monsters I wanted, could use some inspiration on a few of there personalities. Other than that, I think I'm doing fine.

I haven't gotten started writing yet due to working on another series story i wanted to try and finish first.

Robipony
Group Admin

6974986 It's fine. That's one reason why I had it scheduled for October. :raritywink:

Robipony
Group Admin

Just checking to see how everything is going with the contest.

*cries in writer’s block*

I wish I could, but I have a hard time getting motivated to write.

Robipony
Group Admin

So I haven't heard much from most of the participants and there is currently only one story in the folder, so I am potentially considering extending the deadline by one week. What do you all think of that?

Also how is everyone doing with their stories?

Guys! I need help... I can't decide who I want to focus my story on... Golden Maeve (a Dullahan) or Walpurga (a Crystal Pony Revenant). Either option jump out to anyone?

Robipony
Group Admin

7005783 Well, we don't have any dullahan stories yet, so that could be cool. :pinkiesmile:

Golden Maeve it is then! Probably for the best, cause the idea I had for her story can be better melded into something for Nightmare Night

Maybe you should try replying to them instead of just bumping the thread (in case they're too busy to notice).

Robipony
Group Admin

6995091 So how is everyone doing with their stories?

I am possibly considering extending the deadline by a week, let me know it that helps.

Mine is done, in the second round of editing. ^^

Robipony
Group Admin

Is Romance allowed so long as the most inappropriate thing that happens is hand holding?

Robipony
Group Admin

I look forward to it

I find myself with some time. Could I judge this contest as well, or are you good as is?

Robipony
Group Admin

7009068 I mean I wont object if the others don't mind. Currently there is only 2 entries in the folder, but hopefully that will improve.

I just want to make sure... It's not an issue if I don't call Nightmare Night, well, Nightmare Night, right? I tend to keep my stories in my alternate Equestria with Daybreaker instead of Nightmare Moon, so I doubt the festivities would actually be called the same... (Will still keeps the basics, though.)

Robipony
Group Admin

7010619 I think that as long as it is implied to be an alternate version of Nightmare Night (since I am guess that it might have more to do with the sun or day in your case) I don't think it will be an issue. We are mainly looking for a similar atmosphere. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to make a note either in the story description or your author notes explaining the situation for the judges. :pinkiesmile:

Can you extend the end date to Sunday the thirteenth? I have two days off during the week that I want to write. (It’s alright if you can’t)

The end date is Sunday the 13th.

The Deadline for this contest is: October 13th 2019.

Well I’ll be darned

Robipony
Group Admin

7014813 So it looks like you will be having that chance to write then. :raritywink:

Robipony
Group Admin

7014504 So how is the writing going? :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 90