The Comment Sanctuary 68 members · 214 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

Hello! I'm Whovian- and I'm throwing out my services to whoever here would like an intelligent comment/review of their story placed upon their Work! I try to only give 'kind' feedback, and would prefer to be positive instead of negative when reviewing- so please. No worries about being harsh or critical! :twilightsmile:

Feel free to simply respond and Link me to your stories, and I'll get around to them whenever I can.

Happy Writing!

EDIT: I AM PUTTING A 20,000 WORD CAP LIMIT ON THE STORIES!
I am NOT about to read 15 Chapters/30,000 Words worth of a Story that I am diving blindly into- just to give you a Critique. It would be overkill, and frankly very hard to sum up 20,000 Plus words in less than 500.

Hopeful Soul
Group Admin

5205222 I'm kind of hesitant to because I fear you might not like some of them...:unsuresweetie:
But if you want to, let me know

Tatsurou
Group Admin

I would request, but I'm pretty sure you've already read and commented on any of my stories that caught your eye. Of course, if you'd like to go through and comment on any of my stories you haven't read yet, I'd certainly be overjoyed.

5205222 If you ever grow bored of making nice comments, my stories could welcome a critical one, as well. I always enjoy improving stories upon receiving harsh criticism.

I can do insanely informative Criticism, but I personally don't try and be harsh.... It just naturally happens when you ask nicely for it. Which ones do you have in mind?

Ha. Ha ha. Yeah, alright. I'll look into that- but I'm not gonna be matching your word count per week. :rainbowwild:

I'll get on it after work tonight then!

Gaaah! Don't be! Just ask Tatsurou, he knows I don't bite when it comes to good or bad stories. (And don't worry, In not that proud of my latest work either. :scootangel: )

5205680 I love all my stories and want to improve all of them. However, the most pressed for feedback is my novel Darkness in Sweetie Belle. 2 chapters are published, but there are 46 more of them, waiting for publishing.

The thing is, I feel very lost without any feedback. I have no idea if I'm doing it very wrong or very right. There might be glaring mistakes all over, and I'm just too blind to see them. I just don't know. I'm too involved to see the big picture anymore. Irredeemably lost.

Again, don't feel pressed to do it. This is only if you really want to. I'd hate to waste your time.

Woah Nelly- 46 more? Have you ever tackled a story with more than 20 Chapters? Or even 10? ....

Here- let me give you some advice first- before you go off writing larger than life stories.... If you aren't confident- try to keep things simple. Try to make One Shot Stories- Nothing too "Big", or out of this World in proportions. If you feel like doing something big- than do something big, maybe a collection of One-Shots, or a ten Part story- but seriously. >_< If you have problems just believing in your own work, than you shouldn't try and set unreasonable goals. That's not going to 'push' you to be a better writer, that's just setting yourself up to fail.

Either way- I'm willing to look at what you have Posted on the Site- but I'm not going to become your Editor too, and or co-writer. >_< I just wanted to help give people creative criticism- cuz no one EVER gives me any on my own stuff (Don't read my stuff by the way- wait till I post a new thing I'm working on.)

Hopeful Soul
Group Admin

5205680 Ok. Well... would you like to?

No. Not at all. There's not a single Bone in my Body that says I want to review or comment on anything ever again, in my entire life.

5205869 I could have used your advice when I started to write this novel four years ago.

I do like what I've written, but after years of looking at it, I don't know how it even looks from the outside perspective anymore. That's all.

.... Hopeful- I'm being sarcastic. o-o Did you not see the Picture that I posted with the Reply?
Yes- I am FINE with reading your story if you really would like some feedback for it.

I can understand that, I've had a.... 'Similar' circumstance for my own Stories... Just push through my friend- keep trying to get it out. Work on anything else that you need too to do it. >_< Your Brain can only try and do one thing so much, for so long though.... If you are looking for an Outside Opinion so much though, than you I'm going to tell you that I won't help you. You need to work on this yourself, both for the story, and to help build some confidence in yourself. It's your baby from the looks of it- your first story, and even years later you are still trying to set out and do what you didn't know you could do.... So don't give up. Keep going my friend- push for it to get done. I know I will be doing the same soon for my own story. x3

5206250 Thanks! I'll get it done. I won't stop until I see all the chapters published.

No problem!

And I'll get started sometime this week Soul- after tomorrow. I have a party for my cousin, and I still need to pick out his gift. x3

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was hoping you'd still be interested in giving my story a look see.

Battle for Equestria

Thanks

5205222 Well... my comment sections have been going through a drought after chapter 2 (as always).:derpytongue2: If you'd be so kind as to give me your thoughts on chapters of The Phantom Thief, I'd be happy to get some criticism.:twilightsmile:

Okay- wow.... I mean- I know I said I'd offer to read peoples stories, but.... Dude- I'm not sure where or if I want to start with this. Maybe this is my fault- I should have made it more clear, in which case My Bad. I will write Reviews for SHORT Stories- or maybe just 5 or 6 Chapters of a Medium Story. No Offense mate, but I'm not about to sift through 14 Chapters and 99,000 Words to just give out a single comment. I don't have the time to go through all of that- not unless I was going to already. (And that's not Unless your Tatsuro- in which case, I'm already reading the story.)

See! This guy has the right idea! Everything after Chapter 2- that's just 2 out of 4 (current) chapters! 10,000 words, or maybe just 20,000 if I really need all of the info. THAT I can do in a single Evening! XD
And sure, I'll get right on it Nova, seems like an interesting story!

5233598 Thanks so much. Comments really motivate me and I'd love to hear your opinion on what I did right, what needs work, and answer any questions you might have on the story or universe as a whole (well... unless said information would spoil future chapters that it:raritywink:).:twilightsmile:

Great! Would you like a Chapter by Chapter Synopsis, or a solid Review of the story as a whole?

5233622 Well, if you've got time to do a comment per chapter, that's fine. It may be a bit early for a review seeing as I've only just introduced the main arc of the story in the most recent chapter (I release a chapter every week; readers are informed if a hiatus is coming). The whole story is going to be about 15 chapters, give or take, before the next part of the series.

Kk. I'll take it Chapter by Chapter. I'll start later tonight though, because.... Well- you know. That's of course when I intend to do all of my Reading, and catching up on my stories. lol.

5233643 No prob. Thanks a lot.:twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25