I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Considering how mixed her redemption arc was for people, I wanna ask, how do you think Starlight could have been better if she had to be redeemed?

Like come on, the concept of a Starlight redemption couldn't have been a bad idea. And it'd be reinventing the wheel for later seasons if said redemption didn't happen so I genuinely wanna know, how would you have improved Starlight if you were mandated to give her a redemption?

Maybe have it not be so quick. Her making mistakes after her redemption arc was good but everyone forgetting about those mistakes was bad.

The way I would have done it? Well, she is allowed to do better, sure, but straight out of her surrender she gets that wonderful mgic blocking horn ring and probation, with understanding that one misstep would result not in instant forgiveness but in her being turned into stone and displayed in Canterlot Gardens.
And then for two or three seasons Starlight struggles with actually improving her attitude instead of doing basically the same thing she ahve done before and overcoming bad impressions she created for everyone.

I've given this some thought. :trollestia:

EWriting Letters to Myself (Time Conquers All)
A filly writes her history paper about how Starlight Glimmer became Supreme Princess of Equestria, and why she admires Princess Starlight so much.
Mockingbirb · 1000 words  ·  19  3 · 630 views

As you can see from the story, she helps everypony and becomes Best Princess. :facehoof:

7908326 Lock her up with heavy security before Grogar bust her out and recruit her for the Legion of Doom.
During that Starlight had time re-think her actions and feel guilt during her imprisoment. During the final battle after minutes of internal struggle, Starlight heeds Twilight's words and turn on the Legion of Doom, defeating them and reform herself.

Keep her as a villain, but with a less stupid backstory.

I'd keep her as a villain for several seasons, maybe even have her locked up in the dungeon or Tartarus, and have her be completely unrepentant in her actions. Only to have her VERY SLOWLY come around to the fact she was acting like a monster.

So if you're really gonna have Starlight's redemption arc happen later in the ninth and final season instead of season 6, how would a lot of the episodes that do focus on her or at least make her play a significant role in seasons 6-8 be altered like The Crystalling, No Second Prances, Every Little Thing She Does, To Where and Back Again, Celestial Advice, All Bottled Up, Rock Solid Friendship, A Royal Problem, Triple Threat, Uncommon Bond, Shadow Play, School Daze, The Parent Map, School Raze, A Matter of Principals, Road to Friendship, The Mean Six, Mirror Magic, and Marks for Effort? Heck, how would the characters and plots she is associated with in redemption like Sunburst, Trixie, Maud, and being the school counselor in the School of Friendship be changed up here?

Replacing with Twilight mostly I guess.
I never watched episodes after Starlight became part of them so I don't know nothing of them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9