I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

(skip to the 2:55 mark of this video):

Ditching the rules for what they believe to be right? That's the mind-set of an extremist and, in some cases, a dictator.

Then again, didn't Starlight used to be both of those things? :twilightsmile:

Well said. Then again, as the ending of the episode shows, the rules don't seem to apply to Twilight or her friends as Celestia is more than happy to overrule Neighsay and ignore the law just so Twilight gets her way.

As Lily Orchard pointed out in her critique of Starlight Glimmer, Starlight keeps saying she has changed from her old ways, but her actions suggest otherwise.

Incidentally, having groups of people who are above the law is a hallmark of a police state.

Yep. And I think I know a guy who knows a thing or two about police states:

Ma-Rey-Suuuuuuuuue!

She was right in this case (trust me I’m never happy having to admit whenever she is right)

This case it’s disobeying a racist idiot who was lucky his rants in front of who were world leaders didn’t cause a war to happen

Broken clock right twice a day

Sorry, I meant Lily Orchard. Corrected,

Thanks for clarifying

Slight problem; Neighsay's criticisms of the school were correct. It was disorganised. The teachers were not qualified. The students were not being monitored properly.

The writers just lazily glued 'racist' onto his personality to distract the viewers away from his points. Ironically, Non-Compete Clause would prove his fears completely founded.

The School was a ridiculous idea, but that's for another time.

I also hate that he ultimately was correct about the school being badly run and just a bad idea in the end but doesn’t stop the fact that he wanted the ponies taught to go to war with other species and no government employee should be allowed Scott free to insult the races with the leaders of said races right there

Almost as if she hasn't learn anything at all.

Maybe Celestia's laxity with the law was because of the school's value as a political project. If you cannot dominate your foes with arms, you overwhelm them with your culture. The Twilight phrases it is as follows;

If we want to keep our land safe and create a friendlier tomorrow, we need to teach the Magic of Friendship far and wide.

In other words, friendship is not being taught because it is good, it is being taught as a survival strategy,

But she hasn't learnt anything at all. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh, and let's not forget how friendship is shown as more of a power play than any desire to make friends for the sake of it.

World-destroying entity? Let's make friends with it. And if it refuses, IMMA FIRIN MAH RAINBOW LAZAR!!!!

The story definitely annoyed me as I didn’t like the school of friendship idea when I first about it, the episodes showed that the mane six are unqualified to run a school and they end up giving good points to a racist war mongerer about how the school shouldn’t exist

Plus the idiot was giving snape vibes and you do too good a job in getting me to dislike a character by just reminding me of the most overrated and overliked character I have ever read about

That I think is one area where G5 sorta works. Friendship there is genuinely depicted as 'let's be friends because being friends is a good thing', not 'let's be friends or else ice demons will suck our souls out'.

You know if G5 wasn't in the same world as G4 I would probably try it out. But because I hate everything in G4 since the season 5 finale I can't get into a world that has the same universe

Huh...

Guess I could add that to the (admittedly short) list of things I like about G5. :twilightsmile:

Though, give it time and it'll probably fall down the same pit-holes as the previous generation.

I think we're getting a bit off-topic.

What about Grannies Gone Wild, where RD shirks off her responsibilities in order to ride a rollercoaster in Las Pegasus that she just heard about?

Has Starlight ever given good advice?
Y'know, except for when the writers wanted her to be the voice of reason (ha!) and made everypony else stupid.

Shadow Play comes to mind.

Sure, but it doesn't count when every other characters have been forcefed the Idiot Ball.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26