I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 78 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 78

I'm no fan of post-reformation Starlight. But I'll be honest: The rant on group's front page is childish. It's turning me off. And it's probably turning off a lot of people, who would otherwise join this group.

In starlight's defense she didn't do it singal handedly. yes she is an awful character who deserves to get her head chopped of and then mounted over the fire place but she was merely a sign of the beginning of the end. yes the starlight episodes are terrible but as the show itself went on we kept getting repeated storys, the show talking down to its audience, and the fact that the show was more focused to pandering to the bronys then the actual target demographic. yes Starlight is a big piece to why the show sucks now but a piece non the less to a bigger pitcher of suckyness.

she was like the silver surffer to what would be a Galactus of sucky writing that would later consume MLP

I joined this just to laugh at the people who call her shit, tbh. She's the exact same as every other reformed villain, yet somehow she's bad because "lol her motives suck".

Luna threw a hissy fit, Discord was just trolling, Thorax is literally a bad OC design and yet is loved by everyone, and Tempest was dumb enough to believe the entire "I can restore your power" meme, just like when Zuko believed capturing the Avatar would actually restore his honor.

It's laughable how mad people get over a character in a children's show that is basically the same as every other villain in the show.

6750300 lol ur just mad cuz starlight is better than twilight

your right Twilight was dumb enough to let starlight off with a slap on the wrist

Bro, this is a group where someone just said a cartoon horse should be decapitated. You can say literally anything you want to, and argue any point you want to, but it doesn't matter.

You know who else decapitates those they don't like?

ISIS lmao

Are we culling all villains? Sweet. Luna, Sunset, step on up and stick your head beneath the guillotine. We're going French Revolution up in this bitch.

6750312 lol imagine getting so worked up over a cartoon horse that you go online, form a group dedicated to hating her, and spend hours constructing rants to shout into your echo chamber that nobody else cares about.

You don't have to be childish to say that. You can say that, while sounding like an adult.

you think that's bad I know a guy that wants Trixie raped for all the stuff she did.

Twilight is a level-headed, mature individual that we've been given years to grow on

Sounds like you weren't there for the season 3 finale, when loads of bronies "quit the show" because it made them super angry.

she showed more growth then starlight. who is basicly the same character as before only we are ment to feel bad for her cause "she's still learning"

So... you've lost me. Then what's different about Starlight? She's written by the exact same writers that made Twilight into an alicorn, so... why is she so much worse?

Twilight is a level-headed, mature individual

Twilight is the opposite of level headed. She freaks the fuck out like every episode over simple decision-making. Maybe if you actually watched the show you would know this fact and maybe you'd be enlightened enough to realize that hating Starlight is the wrong opinion :ajsmug:

Tempest isn't even canon to begin with.

Also, you're blatantly wrong. Tempest was mentioned in the premiere of the current season.

6750322 You know, I may be a massive disappointment to my momma, but at least I can tell her I never joined an anti- group for a cartoon, fictional pony, just for the sake of whining about a children's show that does not 100% cater to me. And then, for one moment, she'll be proud of me.

Imagine it being 2019 and you still have a black and red OC.

personally I think you pull the collors off. maybe lose the Santa hat thaw. your way out of season

Comment posted by Vigriff deleted Feb 4th, 2019

And she didn't really did all that much.

I know and I tryed to convince Castaway that but he's a d-bag and so he want Trixie raped for not really doing anything that really warrants any kind of punishment past community service

Raped, turned into hamburger meat, explode in the goriest manner possible. Dude really needs to take a chill pill.

Sunset had a good redemption arc so back off.

6750415 6750415
Do we really need to be naming names, and spreading rumors here?

It's not a rumor it's a fact. He told me this stuff directly

The rant on group's front page is childish. It's turning me off.

Then fuck off.

And it's probably turning off a lot of people, who would otherwise join this group.

And they can join you.

Then fuck off.

Real mature. You've really shown me that you, and the other members of this group, are adults and not overgrown children. I got the wrong idea about this group, from the rant on the front page. I owe you an apology.

But seriously: That's another problem with the front page's rant. It attracts the wrong kind of people (overgrown children), and turns off the right kind of people (adults).

Lol, now you know why it's so easy to troll the people in this group

I can understand why you feel that way, but are you sure other people believe the same as you or are you assuming it?

I haven't taken a poll. But I saw that rant, and I almost didn't join. But I thought that was a bit unfair. I should at least tell this group why it's turning me off (so I joined to make this thread). It's not fun to be punished or rejected, for something you didn't know you were doing wrong.

But anyway: I seriously doubt I'm the only one who's turned off by the front page. I think there are a lot of people like me, who aren't big fans of Starlight. But they see the rant on the first page, and they don't want to be part of this group (not to mention the title, it even has an allcaps "HATE").

It's not fun to be punished or rejected, for something you didn't know you were doing wrong.

Who are you talking about exactly when you mean this?

But anyway: I seriously doubt I'm the only one who's turned off by the front page. I think there are a lot of people like me, who aren't big fans of Starlight. But they see the rant on the first page, and they don't want to be part of this group (not to mention the title, it even has an allcaps "HATE").

I doubt you're the only one turned off as well, you don't like her very much but you don't exactly hate her right? I understand how toxicity can cause a person to avoid things, but I feel the person who made that rant has a very strong hate towards Glimmer which is why hate is in all caps (also I feel he has every right to feel the way he does seeing the damage she's done) and people who share the same hate as he remarked, those who can't stand Starlight are the ones he feels should join.

That's a general principal I try to live by. I try to avoid punishing/rejecting people (this group, in this case), for something they don't know they're doing wrong.

And actuality, I loved Starlight. She was my favorite villain! I hated the way my favorite villain was melted down, and reforged into a poorly-made copy of Twilight.

I like your OC, she's sexy :ajsmug:

That's a general principal I try to live by. I try to avoid punishing/rejecting people (this group, in this case), for something they don't know they're doing wrong.

Seems fair, and I like you for that, it's in agreement with how I feel about certain things.

And actuality, I loved Starlight. She was my favorite villain! I hated the way my favorite villain was melted down, and reforged into a poorly-made copy of Twilight.

IKR, I loved Starlight when she was evil but they ultimately ruined her, to me she was charming, but than they messed her up so bad she ended up becoming the only character in the show I loathe, and to me she's Twilight Sparkle 1.0, only more unpleasant, I will admit deep down I really want to like her, but it's not easy at this point.

You're welcome! :pinkiehappy:

I loved her as a villain as well, then The Cutie Re-Mark happened and my attitude towards her has soured since.

Same, worst of all, it can't be rewritten

Don't take this the wrong way. But how do I know that? How do I know that you're not making it up, or taking it out of context, or twisting his words? How do I know you're not dragging up something from years ago, something that the guy today feels was utterly stupid of him to think? How do I know that you're being fair about this?

It'd be one thing if you were naming names privately. But doing it publicly, for everyone to see: That's something you should think twice about. Not only because it raises questions about the guy you're gossiping about, but because it also raises questions about you!

Talk to Castaway Pariah on this site about Trixie and you'll see.

Why should I? It's probably one of three things:

#1: You guys are makeing this up, twisting his words, or otherwise being unfair. In which case: Why should I bother him with this?

#2: The guy's a troll, in which case: Why should I feed him (for that matter, why are you feeding him)?

#3: The guy's just a creep. In which case: Why should I talk to him, or have anything to do with him?

Maybe. Maybe this is nothing more then an online lynch-mob.

Lynch-mobs and nasty rumors, they happen too often. One person expresses offense or outrage at someone, or some group. Then other people hop on board. After all: Almost anything anyone does can be painted in a bad light (or as worse then it really is), depending on how you explain it and what tone-of-voice you use!

The snowball grows. It becomes socially unacceptable to question if this really happened, or if the guy's really as bad as the mob's making him out to be. “Everyone knows” that the guy's bad, or the group's bad, and that's that.

So if one person, or even a bunch of people, tell you that someone or some group is bad: Don't just hop on board the hate train. Question it. Question how they know it. And question (at least to yourself) if what he did is really so bad.

Really he said that?! That's quite disturbing, doesn't sound like a good person at all.

honestly the only way to fix this is to reveal that Starlight is still a villain and her whole "reform" is just her playing the long con to get her revenge. honestly if they do that all the hate I have for her will disappear.

Kinda like what the writer of the fic "the friendship test" did.

It's much less a matter of what you'd have to gain (or of you “being a mean asshole”). And much more of matter of you being human, and being susceptible to group-think and mob-mentality.

Yes, there are times when the mob is right. For all I know, this is one of them. Still, I think allowing mobs is dangerous. Because they're unjust too often! That's why I don't like names being named publicly like this. You ask me: It's better to report a really problematic person to a moderator, and be done with it.

But perhaps this conversation has gone on long enough (I'm not even really part of this group, after all). I gave my advice: Don't name names publicly, and be careful of mob-mentality. I stand by that advice.

6752925 That would require having standards and caring by the writers' part, and would also requite good writers.

Comment posted by Cianna200 deleted Feb 6th, 2019

Yeah, he straight up told me that if my family and close friends all got cancer and died, he would be happy that my life was such a living hell. One of his friends also PM'ed a close friend of mine that I actually live next-door to irl, telling him "The day you put a bullet through your head is the day I rejoice". It got him banned, and we also have picture proof of that.

For context. This was my reply to the post that he deleted. I took it well, but if you scroll down, you can see people repeating what he told me, including Vlade and The Abyss.

I've just read the rant (internet was acting up so I couldn't post here) over and over to see where you were coming from and it's not all that bad, while I could tell the person was mad, I'm afraid you're just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Discord was just trolling, Thorax is literally a bad OC design and yet is loved by everyone, and Tempest was dumb enough to believe the entire "I can restore your power" meme

Nobody gives a shit about thorax. Many people thought Discord is a worst character before Starshit HiMMler and people see Tempest just like a stupid bitch who must be hanged. Because it's common execution for traitors.

children's show

If this is just a children's show then what are you doing here?

The rant on the front page is keeping people from joining

May be because nobody expects Starshit HiMMler fans joining?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 78