OC Slamjam 61 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 39 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 39

Hey, everyone! Just curious to see if people are okay with breaking anonymity now that the deadline for the finals has passed. I don't see what harm it could do anymore, and I'm personally dying to find out who was behind each character! And to reveal my own identity, of course. ♥

Any objections?

None from me. Personally, I just want to see how close my predictions were.

4683134 I will say that I know who Luster Lock's author is, but shall refrain from blabbing so they may choose whether or not they wish to remain anonymous.

And c'mon, who are you!? I'm dying to know! :raritydespair:

Well, now that Obs has made the official contest ending blog, I guess it's cool. If no one else wants to, I'll break the ice. Lilligold's author here, nice to meet ya!

That'd be me. ♥

4683226 ...I should've known.

Nice to meet you too. :pinkiehappy:

Oh, right. I forgot.

I was Redwood.

Luster Lock here. Please allow me to shove a retrospective blog in your faces.

Knew it. Going against you and your character was easily the highlight of the competition for me.

Yup. It's time to finally take off the shades and fake mustache!

Firefly's Author, at your service!

4683226 Why am I not surprised?
By the way, I'll say it here using my own identity: this last story you wrote – What Doesn't Kill Us – IS my favorite of the entire contest! I was hardly a few paragraphs into it and I already felt such a delicious vibe developing, and then the rest of the story really delivered the goods. It was an absolute pleasure to read form beginning to end, and the ending itself was everything I could have hoped for. Major Kudos!

I was Summer Heat.

I'm really happy that you guys enjoyed her so much. Thanks for all your support, thanks for the memories, and I swear, I DO have like 40 percent of a Summer and Luster story drafted...

Wanderer D

Edit: Also blogged about it: This contest. It aches.

Wanderer D

4683372 I knew it was you! There was just something about the style of writing...

I had a hunch about you too! And I agree, that matchup was probably my favourite too. Although I did have a lot of fun with my last story against Evergreen. At any rate, it was wonderful writing against you!

Thanks! I had a ton of fun writing that one, and I'm glad it seemed to pay off for everyone. Congrats on getting to the finals, by the way! I know how strenuous this contest could be at times. Second place is no small feat!

I definitely didn't have you pegged as Mango. Well done, though! I had a lot of fun writing with your character.

Wanderer D

4683763 Your round against BP was tough man. It was crazy! But you both really deserved to win that round which made the fact that only one could move forward a really sad thing.

I had fun with Lilligold too, actually! If you don't mind, I'd like to mention her from time to time as a reference in other stories. I think she's definitely a great OC to have around!

Yeah, go for it! I consider Lilligold essentially public domain at this point, so do what you will. Careful with how you use Elmshire, though. That's my real baby. Lilligold was made specifically for the contest—Elmshire's been in the works much longer than that for a story I have yet to finish.

Thanks for all your help with my entries, by the way. I legitimately believe I might not have passed the third or fourth round without your help.

I may have already spoiled this a few weeks ago without thinking, but I was Loud Mouth, fortunately or no.

Now I just wanna know who Ace Artisan was so I can kick his ass shake his virtual hand for besting me in the fields of battle. :twilightsmile:

And I still don't know who Obvious Question was. Come on out, man! You should've beaten me!

I'm happy to hear you say Lilli's up for anyone's use—I may try and work my version into something. I think the big reason I was so excited about using her in our round was that she actually feels more like a character I would write than my own OC did.

Wanderer D

4683870 That was Bugsydor

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

>Mango's Wedding

>0 words

D I SWEAR TO GOD

Congrats again on your entry for the second round. It was an awesome read, and I had a ton of fun using Redwood.

4683806 I was the water to your plants. :raritywink: Glad I could help! Your stories were always such a blast to read, and I swear I got goosebumps while reading the vs Luster Lock one. Definitely gonna check your other stories out ASAP.

If you're ever up for that potential collab, just say the word and I'll be ready on a dime. :twilightsmile: Lilligold and Mizuko would get along swimmingly (heheh, puns), I'm sure.

Wanderer D

Since I never got to write the damn thing, I thought you guys might like to see what I had planned for Luster in case she was my opponent...

Mango Vs Luster Lock

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

That is nuts, sir.

I was Price Back's author. Pity I didn't go any further in the contest; I was hoping to tell a wide variety of stories with him. But given the fact that I lost to Lilligold (who made it all the way to 3rd place), I don't feel that bad about it. It was a good learning experience.

Hope the next contest will be as fun/instructive!

4683747 Candy Cane's author wanted me to 'post this somewhere':

Ace Artisan's author right here, Dubs. :raritywink:

Loud Mouth was TONS of fun to write, and that round was my best of the contest, I think. Sorry I couldn't take it all the way. Round 4 ended up hitting at a bad time, and Evergreen was in top form. You built up a sweet character over the contest, and I hope I'll see her again!

Now I just need to find Evergreen and figure out why they dropped. :raritydespair:

Wanderer D

4684753 Nuts good or nuts bad?
4684940 Aww man, that's awesome! Tell Candy Cane's author that it's pretty cool, and thanks!
4684965 I considered at one point how to write a story with our characters... I think it involved a froyo stand in a mall? :pinkiecrazy:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Nuts cray-cray. :V

Can you... Can you still write this? Please? :pinkiesad2:

I'm sorry again for being so critical about the Hawaiian.

4683226 Trololololol. Falcata's author here. Nice to meet ya.

Wanderer D

4685805 You should see me when people do Mexicans. No hard feelings bro.

4685535 I'm tempted... but... I don't know when, tbh.

Please? It'll be awesome, and there'll be no word limits, and it'll be awesome.

I'd love to read that! I'm a little disappointed at how Ace's story ended, so I'm hoping to bring him back at some point. I'd love to see Mango Leaf be a part of that!

And if you feel like writing out your idea, I'd love to read it! :pinkiehappy:

Well, I ought to be more social on this here site about Friendship, I guess, so with that in mind: 'sup all, Whitewash here. Although I ditched in the first round, so it's not exactly a revelation on par with the winners :trixieshiftleft:

Oh hey, so that was you. I've seen some of your stuff around before, and your One Night / One Friend / One Day series is particularly cool.

I do apologise for the half-heartedness of my entry against you. I did have a much better piece, but thanks to a seventy-plus-hour work week and my own disorganization, I suddenly found myself at 5am and one hour before the deadline with no way to get it done on time. So I cobbled my actual entry together in about half an hour and threw that in for the sake of not DQ'ing. It shows, obviously, heh.

If you're interested, my original piece is over here. Still incomplete though, even after I've chipped away at it all these months. I'm one of those writers, unfortunately. :ajsleepy:

For anyone who's interested (and somehow wasn't already aware), I've tracked confirmed authors and which OC they wrote since early in the contest; it can be found over here. There's still a lot of gaps, though, so if anyone knows something I've missed, please point it out! Also, if you happen to know the identity of an OC's author, poke them to see if they're interested/willing to confirm it, or will allow you to do so!

Welp, I was the one who wrote Vanilla Skies! It was great to compete against y'all ^w^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39