Displaced 4,420 members · 1,267 stories
Comments ( 52 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 52

Oh hell yes. But I can also picture him being honest, if a bit stuck up, about what he does. Maybe have him be related to the original merchant.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I agree with this!

Oh yea but he can only displace people as playstaion charecters

We need to find him and buy something! And fast!

Yes, but I was more interested in someone actually being Displaced as that guy.

Imagine it, a mysterious shop shows up in the middle of Ponyville overnight, and when the ponies go in to investigate, they're treated to an introduction mirroring the events in the video.

there are still hundreds of them so it's wouldn't be a problem.

True
True
But oh so fun

I would watch the Netflix original about that guy :pinkiehappy:

Kinda like My Life as an Eldritch Horror? (Shameful self promotion :unsuresweetie:)

Nah, the only similarities is that they each brought their own house with them. Other than that there's nothing linking the two.

I could see this guy kinda being like the opposite of the original Merchant. Whereas he sold people items for laughs and to probably sow as much chaos and destruction in Equestrias, this guy would maybe find people a bit down on their luck, in bad situations, or with good enough hearts and potential, granted what they do with the power is up to them.

A merchant? That's the merchant.

Yeah that's kinda what I pictured too.

Is this even a question?

this is obviously the merchant, just undisguised.

I want this to be a thing.

Imagine if someone tried to steal from him, instant death.

“Hmmmmm what to use..... Ah, Blades of Chaos.”

Maybe depending on the items power, like simple incineration for somethings, and others, say, he takes out frostmourn and takes his soul.

Yes, Frostmourne steals shoes.

I used The Merchant from Aladdin. Any seller of mystical items can do. In fact, I'm really quite surprised that no one has really done anything different. The only one that comes to mind other than myself is Zoey from Delta Guardian who was swallowed by a giant mystical energy construct in the shape of a dragon from some inter dimensional chick who befriended her in the sanatorium.

For instance, with all of the pokemon Displaced, I'm actually a little surprised there's never been someone dressed as a kecleon or kecleon-gajinka selling pokemon items.

That’s incredible! :rainbowlaugh:

I wonder if there is a place on the internet dedicated to making stupid images like this.

Yeah, it's called Disney. This is a screen-shot from 'Return of Jafar' where The Genie has a quote, "out of movie experience".

The Warmaster
Group Contributor

This was actually already posted a while ago.... like, this exact same concept

Just sayin

I do believe I speak for everyone here, that he is not a Merchant, nor a mere Displacer. He is THE Merchant, the FIRST, and the LAST, of his kind.

True, but it's still a good concept.

I know, but there are also lots of silly images made by internet people

Ah, I see, in that case gif.com for some starters.

And thanks to the real world,more characters come out day as options...

true, but I have a fun theory for you to think about. What if, all the books, movies, video games and pictures people have created through out human history aren't just products of our imagination? :rainbowhuh: What if, when we "create" something, whether it be a story, a video, a book, the images we get and the inspiration and idea's we have are our minds getting a glimpse into another reality? :trixieshiftright: What if our Imagination is a real window into other worlds and what he create is our brains interpretation of what we saw? :rainbowhuh: Makes ya think don't it? :pinkiecrazy:

That's the internet as a whole.

You'd just described basic multiverse mechanics :facehoof: different worlds leak into other worlds producing fiction, while it grows further from people creating variant timelines through their own actions.

I hope I didn't hurt your brain? :twilightoops: Stuff like that just comes easy to me. :twilightsheepish:

Oh God! He’s the Merchant’s version of The Doctor!

Who said his shop would only have PlayStation game items?

He is the playstation commercail merchant

In the immortal words of Teal'c:

:pinkiehappy:

sound like an old DND char I help made.
merchant who age is unknown knew more then he should has what ever you need for price and travel around in a wagon like Trixie that open up to be 5 x bigger then it should be and always knew what person needs.... also little pervert and bit of a troll, who seem to show up with the wagon in place that don't make senses ie in middle of changeling hive that deep underground that there no pathway fro the wagon to even get there, right out side of discord home.....oh and did I forget to say he claim "I not a mage, I have no magic power what so ever"

Maybe PlayStation deliberately modeled the man after the (in)famous Merchant? He is very well known, so using some(thing)one like that would be perfect to boost sales.

...or at the very least peak interest.

Yes and no. He could be a merchant. Or he could've bought his wares from a merchant. Depends on how you view him.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

He isn't 'The' Merchant, he's only one of many. I doubt one merchant has time to visit every single con or be able to Displace so many humans around the world.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 52