OC Life Stories 299 members · 497 stories
Comments ( 134 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 134
TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

3610272 Alright then. I'll get reading just as soon as possible. :twilightsmile:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3610272 still in my read later list. Over 500 stories in it, and with college, having less time to fully read them.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3610283 sorry, but I've been in for four years. I plan on getting a full time job afterwards, so that means I can finally start my own life.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

3610225 Well that makes two of us then. :pinkiecrazy:

hailspider
Group Admin

3610265 This kind of has less than nothing to do with the thread topic.

You think that's bad? I had to turn my reading list into a group once I hit one thousand, and that was months ago.

As much as I agree with you, it's hard to complain when one of the main causes of off-topic banter is an admin. :twilightsheepish:

Anyway, everypony, what do you think of the headcanon that Discord is the result of the failed ascension of Starswirl the Bearded, after he got the spell from Magical Mystery Cure wrong? There are some really good reasons to believe it and some really good reasons not to.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

3610792 Actually no, the season four canon discredits the idea because Star Swirl told the princesses what Scorpan had told him about Tirek's plans. They only ruled Equestrian after Discord was sealed in stone. So that got shot down pretty hard.

So did a lot of them, but they're still fun to read about on occasion. :twilightsmile:

Ooh! I think the animators are getting the idea... Look up there.

They're almost there
I just want to poke Tavi and say "Sit! Sit and be friends!"
It's so close to canon that I can nearly taste the gunpowder. Here's a headcanon for you: There are both Twidashers and Octascratchers in Studio B.

Bryan Luna
Group Admin

3610798 Cool! Tavi's in Equestria Girls, she looks as beautiful as I thought she would. Looks like Vinyl and Tavi will be meeting in human form, now we just need to see Lyra and Bon Bon.

3610792 Oh... did you mean me???:derpyderp2::derpyderp2::derpyderp2::derpyderp2::derpyderp2: Hehehe...:twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish: I'll try to be less off-topic next time. :scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel:

If you read my story, I won't annoy anyone for ten whole minutes.
Believe me, that's a great deal.

I actually meant Darth Redbeard but I can't say you're not neck-and-neck, haha.

Hey, it's your group! Why do you think my opinion matters? If you want to have ponies running rampant until we're all swallowed up in the warm and fluffy tide, more power to you. If you don't mind threads going off-topic, then why should anypony else here? Well, except for the OP. :twilightsheepish: But I digress.

3613603 Meh, that's why I made the new thread.

keam
Group Admin

Hey, I totally missed this thread!
So, here goes a head canon of mine that is (sort of) OC related:

In my univers, Snowdrop had a daughter named Enamorada. Enamorada is an ancestor to Cadance, and as such, Cadance is the descendant of Snowdrop.
(If you sant to know more about Enamorada, read my stories "Frozen tears of crystal" and it's sequel "Crystal tears that bloom to flowers")

I have what I call 'auto-kleptomanic headcanon', which means that I automatically add new bits of headcanon to my 'collection' whenever I invent new bits or read someone else's stuff. The result is a kind of patchwork of various bits of material. For example, I follow K9Thefirst1's idea of the founders as presented in Brief History, I like the laws of magic, Time Turner and the Royal Guard as presented in Chengar's Winningverse and I'm fond of the CMC's entire age-group as presented in Insert Pen Name's The Fight for Cranberry Hill.

But, if I'm sticking to my own headcanon, then the biggest would probably be Westfold.

I really invented Westfold when I noticed that the map of Equestria is not to scale, coupled with a fic idea I had at the time. Westfold is essentially another country of ponies, sort of tacked-on but completely independent of Equestria. On the map provided, Westfold would cover everything north of the river near Los Pegasus, west of the White Tail Woods and south of Smokey Mountain. If anyone wants to know more, I've got a more detailed breakdown of Westfold I can post on request (including history, details, politics and springhole.net's country development questions).

My next big piece of headcanon is the centaurs. Until Tirek became canon centaurs didn't exist, and I went mad. I picture them as once being a powerful and advanced empire with a far greater understanding of magic than ponies (opening the doors for magitech) but one that fell thousands of years ago. (I call it the Centaurian Empire, and I think of it as a precursor race a la the Forerunners or Those Who Came Before.) I divide the centaurs of the cartoon's time into two groups - regular centaurs that are best analogised to various types of elves (particularly the Dalish from Dragon Age), forest-dwellers who hold the secrets of ancient and powerful magics; and the dark centaurs, commonly called Magister Lords and similar to Tirek. Again, more in-depth information can be posted upon request, if anyone wants to do something with it.

I have more, but I'll leave it at that for now, see what kind of response I get.

WARNING: Lot of text ahead!

DISCLAIMER: My headcanons are all for the alternate universe (AviaVerse) stories I've written (collectively known as "AviaVerse Main Stories", "AviaVerse Sidestories" and the as-yet-unpublished "AviaVerse Origins" on my user page, if you want to check them out. And if you want more info on the AviaVerse, send me a message and I can tell you more) rather than the show's canon.

In the AviaVerse:

Having horns and having wings are both recessive genes. So alicorns are born rather than made, they are just rare because, genetically, it's hard to have two parents who have both the recessive gene for a horn AND the recessive gene for wings. So Celestia and Luna are not immortal perfect princesses, rather they were really lucky with genetics, and the way they look (strong/graceful) is from having a traditional unicorn (deer-like build, cloven hooves, lion tails, curved horns) and draft-type pegasus for parents. Alicorn 'ascension' is actually magically messing with a pony's genetics so they express both a horn and wings, and if they do not contain a copy of the recessive gene for both, they cannot be 'ascended'.

Breeding is done through magic. So gender of the parents do not matter, nor do the species or number of parents.

Discord is a carnivorous creature, and the highest ranked demon of Tartarus, right-hand (hoof?) man to Tirek, who is the Lord of All Evil. Discord has to touch someone on the forehead to fully hypnotize them, which can be good or bad, depending on if the one he's trying to hypnotize is likely to bite/scratch/kick/otherwise cause physical pain or not. He doesn't like pain, so if he tries to hypnotize someone and they fight him, he'll eventually back off.

Sombra is a practitioner of dark magic, including necromancy- he will summon skeletons and ghosts and other undead beings to help him in wars/help him keep his slaves in line.

Changelings actually feed on blood, and drain emotions from their victims to render them helpless, then drain them of blood. However, if something pierces a changeling's carapace, the changeling will not survive.

There are a lot of different kingdoms in that world, and the headcanons of each will follow:

Equestria is just one kingdom, and it has the most magic. But because of the ponies being so reliant on magic, they are actually easier targets for predators, as they can't fight as well physically, and many creatures cannot be as easily defeated by magic.

The Crystal Kingdom has the next-most magic, and again, they make easier targets for predators for the same reason as above.

Avia is the main focus of most of my stories, and is a kingdom of wild horse warriors (horse pegasi, traditional unicorns, and regular horses), who are either natural horse colors or colored like birds of prey. Avia also has a cavalry of trained birds of prey, making them even more dangerous in battle. Avians are considered the best non-predator fighters on the mainland. Magic is limited to the unicorn craftsmares, and only shows through what they craft (for instance, a metalsmith would have magic involving fire and metal, a potter would have magic involving clay/earth and limited fire magic, etc.) However, at the time of the stories, it's only just coming out of the mists of time, thanks to a mad king who was only recently removed from power.

Griffonia is the Griffin Kingdom. It was originally a powerful fighting force and a huge territory, but is fragmented at the time of the stories. However, some griffins are trying to reunite the kingdoms. The griffins are carnivores, but most of them prefer fish and maybe small mammals to large hoofed mammals, if they can catch them.

Dragonis is the Western Dragon/lindwyrm kingdom. Most of the dragons, while powerful fighters if provoked, tend to prefer to keep to themselves, and are very wise beings. They generally do not interfere with what happens to non-dragons.

The Underground/'Below' is also on the mainland. It's a series of underground caves/tunnels etc. that originated as a safe haven for refugees fleeing strife or famine or whatever. However, at the time of the first two stories, crime lords and gangsters have taken over the Underground and run illegal arenas with fights to the death between prisoners, where the criminals bet on who will die. But the Underground has the 'Other', a secret resistance force that wants to drive out the criminals and return the Underground to its original purpose- safety for refugees.

The Northlands are off the mainland, and ruled by the viking caribou. The viking caribou can be brutal raiders, but only if those they are raiding have provoked them somehow.

Cervina is another continent, and is the realm of the deer/deer-like creatures. Cervina includes the White Elk (similar to Lord of the Rings high elves), the Winged Deer (similar to fairies), and Cervid, the Deer Kingdom (which is like the LOTR wood elves).

Canidia is on the same continent as Cervina, and includes the Fox Kingdom and Wolf Kingdom, as well as various other canine races. The canines are carnivorous, but will not harm those in alliance with, say, griffins or wildcats. Otherwise, hoofed mammals going there need to be extremely careful. While the canines are civilized, there are plenty of canine bandits who will kill hoofed visitors and bring the meat to the ruler, who will look the other way.

Urse is also on Cervina and contains the different races of bears.

Kirina is a different continent and is the realm of the kirins, ancient, wise, nomadic beings. Kirina also has races that are similar to pandas/red pandas, and also races similar to Eastern Dragons.

Zebrica is yet another different continent, and the realm of the zebras.

The same continent has Impala, ruled by impala and gazelle, who are similar in culture to the deer, and Hipa, the kingdom of elephants, rhinos, and hippos.

The continent of Zebrica also contains the kingdom Felin, where the different races of wildcats (both large cats such as lions and tigers, and small cats, such as caracals and servals) reign. Their culture is similar to Canidia.

I have vague ideas for quite a number of other kingdoms for the AviaVerse as well, but not enough to form headcanon about yet.

3600370 Your 4th one is my theory too! That's so awesome!

TheTrueDragoon
Group Admin

4550308 Didn't think anyone else thought of that. It was a bit of a random thought.

4550329 Well, at least I'm not the only one! And I welcome random!

Here's mine I have for Babs' Dilemma up to the end of the first chapter.

After returning to Manehattan from the Summer Harvest Parade in Ponyville, Babs Seed settled into her new school with the intention of organizing her own Cutie Mark Crusaders club. With help from Aunt and Uncle Orange, she spread the word out for a club of her own in Manehattan. She found two members in a pegasus named Nimbostorm and a unicorn named Middlemist and the three started urban activities in an attempt to get their cutie marks. Babs returned to Ponyville in an attempt to catch up with Apple Bloom but the bloated family reunion activities didn't allow them to talk much.

Babs came back home again to find that Nimbostorm and Middlemist had each brought in another filly, bringing the total to five. The new recruits, a pegasus named Cirrus Curl and an earth pony named Sugar Lips, joined in on the crusading attempts set forth by Babs. Babs was ready to accept Sugar Lips' twin cousins into her club under the impression that both of them were fillies but didn't know one of them was a colt until he introduced himself to her.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 134