Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
CouchCrusader
Group Admin

We recently hit 50 entries in this contest. Like, zoinks, guys. That's 268,934 words submitted to this competition overall. Congrats on all the hard work you've put into this competition so far. Seriously. :pinkiehappy:

How about we celebrate this milestone by hyping some of the stories you've read in this group? I'm sure a bunch of you have recommendations you just can't keep to yourselves! Toss those authors some love and let 'em know how much you liked their entry!

And don't forget we have a bunch of stories hosted off-site as well! Make sure you read through 'em and give 'em your praise and admiration, too!

3536134 Plugging fics in here we've read, eh?

Well, I helped give feedback on it when it was a WiP, so I'm not entirely unbiased here, but I really enjoyed JawJoe's Queen of Queens Changeling fics usually don't interest me in general, but this was a very fascinating take on changeling society as well as a slow fall to darkness for Chrysalis.

Definitely needs more love. :applejackconfused:

Yowza! That's a lot of words. A lot of good words, too. There's some stiff competition in this contest.

I'm still in the process of reading through all the entries, but so far my favourite is We Who with Songs Beguile by Loganberry. It's an extremely unique perspective that offers fascinating insight into a hidden, complex world. That one definitely needs to be seen by more people.

Hey Couch, seeing as this thread is intended to be a sort of story-discussion thread, it might help to relabel the thread title to portray that, rather than a simple acknowledgement of a milestone.

I haven't read them all (mainly because people keep adding more!) but I was rather taken by Let Them Eat Grass by Cloudhammer. Sheep (like cows) have an odd position in Equestria as species who can talk but are clearly "owned" by ponies. It's really quite an unsettling story when you think about it for a while.

I've got a ton of entries on my Read Later list. A lot of them have really interesting premises, but I haven't actually read any yet. Oops.

I'll certainly recommend my favorites here later, though. :twilightsmile:

There's a lot of interesting stuff here, haven't read all of it.

I get the feeling my story will be passed up favour of more popular stuff, but what can ye do?

Stage of Discovery turned out to be an interesting read so far. For one thing it wasn't yet another changeling fic was a rather unique take on the whole "visit a loner somewhere and offer them a new perspective" idea.

I'll try to read a few more along the way, but there's just so much to read as it is... :pinkiesad2:

Until then, to all you other competitors: it is on, darlings! :duck:

I started following this contest in the first few days. "Oh," I thought, "I'm going to read every entry from my fellow contestants and offer the most helpful reviews I can!"

A week passes. "Oh, well, I can't keep up with an in-depth analysis of everything I liked, but at least I can still read all of the submissions to show my support."

Two weeks pass. "OH DEAR SWEET RAPTOR ZOMBIE BIRD BABY JESUS, THERE'S EVEN MORE. WHERE DO THEY ALL KEEP COMING FROM?!"

As a griffon enthusiast, I'll bump MagnetBolt's ...Nor the Battle to the Strong as one of my favorite contenders. It's really good stuff.

I loved Everybody Needs an Angel by Braeshy. It was an amazing story, going into Angel and Fluttershy's history as well as the present. It conveys many great emotions and is overall an amazing story.

Holy ghost there's over ninety stories submitted to the contest?!

And for a moment I had a hope of winning something in the Internet...

102, counting the ones not on fimfic, I think.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

111, all told.

:rainbowkiss:
Eleventy-one!

It's a good number. :twilightsmile:

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Bigdamn list of story reviews.

I'm not the only one who did it, but I have collected all my reviews of the entries -- all of them -- into one location. Be warned: there's a better than one in three chance that I did not like your story. However, I have attempted to include at least a modicum of constructive feedback in the review, if not in a comment on the story itself. Unfortunately, with as many entries as there were, I found myself frequently running out of things to say. Also, these aren't in any particular order, so you'll likely want to search for your story title.

Thank you to everyone who participated, and I hope you all continue writing! :)

3586489 Whoah, that's a lot of reviews. Fancy.

Can you tell, mayhaps even provide a link to, the wherabouts of the other generous and dedicated community members that have voiced their opinions on these entries?

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

So far the only other one I know of is InquisitorM, who has a series of ten or so journals on his page. Just go look him up, it'll be easier to find. :B

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17