Over the Hill Authors 148 members · 417 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I thought I'd start a thread for posting music. But let's not play any of that new-fangled stuff those modern young whippersnappers listen to...

[youtube=ZUq_LohqX8o]

[youtube=0eowVBNwadA]

[youtube=TrWNTqbLFFE]

--arcum42

SPark
Group Admin
SPark #3 · Apr 23rd, 2014 · · 5 ·

3220669 Trolling is not allowed in this group. Consider this your first warning.

Happy #4 · Apr 23rd, 2014 · · 1 ·

Ban me, I dare you. Immortalize me within your halls of fame.

SPark
Group Admin
SPark #5 · Apr 23rd, 2014 · · 3 ·

3221333 Okay.

3220549 Piff. Good music doesn't need to be older.

It just has to be awesome!

(guitarist is Ritchie Blackmore, for people who want 70's cred) :P

Comment posted by Snaproll deleted Apr 24th, 2014
SPark
Group Admin

Here's what I'm currently listening to:

I'm listening to Vanessa-Mae Radio on Pandora at the moment. Strings, Piano, a little horn and woodwind mixed in, but not a lot. I'm very much a classical instrument pony. I love Octavia for this reason.

Though I do switch to Nightwish or Bond Radio when the mood strikes or find a Glitch tunes station. I'm also partial to Loreena McKennit, Enya, Clannad... And some classic rock, and some current pop, and some dubstep, a little rap, and maybe a couple country songs. Music is awesome!

Here's my current favorite Vanessa-Mae song - Red Hot. With full orchestral accompaniment.

SPark
Group Admin

3221983 That is a terrific song. I really enjoy music that fuses classical with more modern influences. (Bond and Nightwish are big favorites of mine too! Also Trans-Siberian Orchestra.)

You may also enjoy this one, really weird song I found quite by accident. Cellestial Soda Pop by Ray Lynch... I'd never heard anything like it before. It's pure electronica, but I was entranced the first time I heard it. I still have no idea why. Perhaps it's the simplicity of it.

Reposted since the first one didn't work.

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
[youtube=sfR_HWMzgyc]

Grateful Dead - Throwing Stones
[youtube=xRNvezElbIg]

Roger Hodgson - The Logical Song (For some reason, I could only find Supertramp singing it without him, or him singing it, and he *is* the writer and original singer...)
[youtube=OQfjIw3mivc]

--arcum42

It's not about the song.

It's about how you sing it.

Oh, we are talking about real music? Well then…

They Might Be Giants - Absolutely Bill's Mood

The Talking Heads - Life During Wartime

Weird Al Yankovic - Dare to be Stupid

The Clash - Guns of Brixton

Souixsie and the Banshees - Israel

Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out

And while I'm bringing up The Talking Heads, can I point people over to this amazing cover of This Must Be the Place? It sounds like it's going to suck for the first thirty seconds or so, but I think it's awesome after that. Probably NSFW.

3220549 I listened to green day before they were cool
[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnF0pkWD2Tc]

Also, some other good stuff
[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY]

[youtube=www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0g16_LQaQ]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16