Celestia's Library 1,085 members · 3,182 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Whoa, over a hundred new stories submitted. :twilightoops: Whelp, that means some of us actually have to read them and sort them properly!

Do you like reading?

Are you tired of dry fanfiction?

Then go ahead and ask (yes, ask) to be promoted! Just list your rank preference, experience (writing and proofreading), your pet peeve in fanfiction, and a picture of Rarity because that'll totally win you admin rights favorite pony!

Contributor's job: Read, sort, and slap the seal of approval on the story (may link the pic too so people know who the heck we are)
Admins' job: Monitor threads and make things entertaining. This group isn't a boring one, I wanna see games and contests and pictures of Rarity!

Smiles
Group Contributor

Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! :pinkiehappy:

/me wants to stand loyally by your side forever and ever!!:pinkiecrazy:

Mayhem Darkshadow
Group Contributor

Excellent get some slaves to do our work for us

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Done. I trust you. :raritywink:

Raven Shadow
Group Contributor

Sure if your willing. I'll read incoming or something like that. Whatever you decide is fine.

arcum42
Group Admin

Wouldn't that be Sombra's Library?

--arcum42

Mayhem Darkshadow
Group Contributor

Bahaha good point :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Smiles
Group Contributor

I forgot my Rarity picture! :raritydespair:

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Congrats, you're hired. :moustache:

zyr1987
Group Admin

2540451 rank preference: Admin

experience (writing and proofreading): I've written I forget how many stories now, and have been taking to making more unique concepts (why we're here. Tell me, how many stories have you read shipping Fluttershy and Photo Finish? Or Fluttershy and Fleur de Lis?). As to proofreading, what I've done is, for someone who I'm sure won't be offended, while I read the story, I make a notepad document with all the typos and when I finish, I post them to the comments. Completely unprompted.

I'm also an admin in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau, and run the Fancypants and Fleur de Lis groups, so I do have experience on the adminning front

your pet peeve in fanfiction: Established abilities, within the story, not being used again when appropriate. For example, a story where Princess Luna after coming back, uses her magic to pick something up, then a short time later, physically climbs to get at something else without using her magic to get it down (I have seen this before, yes)

a picture of Rarity because that'll totally win you admin rights favorite pony!

How about Rarity and my favorite pony?

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

Did you say contest? Games? Excitement? Sorting and approving?
I only have 1 question...can contributors submit their own stories to the group? Because if so,
Can I have that contributor job? Please? I'm not that experienced in the world of proof reading, but I know mistakes when I see them.
I even gave you a double Rarity! Now that's a bargain! My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie, and my god do I hate improper use of punctuation. It drives me nuts every time I see it!

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

To the submission folder. Don't categorize your own fics. :twilightangry2: Not even I will.
hired.

Surprise The Pegasus
Group Contributor

Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye! I shall not categorize my own fics. Thank you.

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Oh I know you. Want to be admin? I trust ya. :twilightsmile:

JerryTheHouseGhost
Group Admin

Does this answer your question?

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

I love you.

DemonBrightSpirit
Group Contributor

Rank preference: Contributor

Experience: Complied pony and non-pony imagination into text in excess of 400,000 words. Very little, though still existent, editing experience (in fanfiction, of course).

Pet peeve: People that don't have their words right. Seriously, they're confused that there are words like their, they're and there that actually have different spellings and meanings.

Favorite pony: :raritystarry:

No. I have no pic for you. Bribery is immoral... Though I wouldn't mind seeing more of them.:trixieshiftright:

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Done. You're hired. Have a fabulous time. :raritywink:

JerryTheHouseGhost
Group Admin

I won't let you down!

2540451 What is required to be a contributor?

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Want to read a bunch of stories and decide whether or not they're creative? :rainbowhuh:

Comment posted by Flint Sparks deleted Jan 6th, 2014

2540955 Yes, but is there any particular experience you need?

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

Good conduct and some writing/reading experience. Fanfiction or otherwise.

2540988 Well, I'm not much of a writer, but I would classify myself as an avid reader.

Lexomancer
Group Contributor

If it isn't to much trouble I would very much like to be a contributor.

Experience: I have been creating stories since before I could write, with many others as my scribe. I am not one of those authors has massive amounts of fanfic to their name, but I do have 20,000 words of fanfiction to my name, as well as 15,000+ words of a fantasy novel, that is still a work in progress. While I cannot provide you with the novel, I can link you to my fanfictions. My fimfiction story is called The Big Orange, and my fanfiction account is Lexo-Mancer. Something else I feel further qualifies me, is my love of reading and writing.

pet peeve: favorite words. I understand that there are some words that you find that are just "20% cooler". Do not use them every other sentence. When I see the word "dissembles" 50+ times in a 2,000 word post, I get :flutterrage::twilightangry2:.

Favorite pony: Why does everyone ask this question? One cannot simply choose a favorite pony. I love all the main and semi-main characters for different reasons. If I must choose,

Why? if it weren't for this pegasus, I would not be on this website.

superpony55
Group Contributor

Admin, please? :raritystarry: I will also help out with a contributor's job, if you'd like.

Spark of Inspiration
Group Contributor

Requested Rank: Contributor

Experience: Three in-progress novels, two published fanfiction stories, proofreading a well-received story by another user on this site, and more reading than I can shake a stick at.

Pet Peeves: Incorrect grammar and tenses are my two biggest ones.

I'm afraid I don't have a picture of Rarity to use, but if I did, I'd definitely post it.
-SoI

Are there additional requirements, like being 18 years old? When Knighty made a request for more people some time ago for the site management (I think I remember that correctly), he required that people be at least 18.

Flint Sparks
Group Admin

2541972 hired. :moustache:

2542127 Contributor for now, chance for promotion. :moustache:

2542298 hired. :moustache:

2542372 don't read clop if you aren't 18, I suppose. If you're not at an adult maturity level, then monitoring threads and running events as an admin might not be suitable. Contributor is fine.

superpony55
Group Contributor

Okay, thanks! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34