ScootaBelle 649 members · 159 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

Just like the name implies, this one's for the random prompts to do.

Anyone who's anyone knows how it works. Take a prompt and make it a fic.

500 min, 1,500 max words. Edit! Forgot to mention... Try to do them quick, but, there's no time limit.

Sounds fun, right? Want in? Then jump in! Here's a few to get started:

1. First date..
2. Birthday party
3. Sleepover (No, not NSFW, got it?)
4. Scoot helps Sweetie learn magic
5. Sweetie helps Scoots fly
6. They get their cutie marks (One, two, or all three, do as you want)
7. Loss of a loved one
8. Besting the bullies
9. Just another day in Ponyville
10. Doing homework
11. Visiting family outside of Ponyville (points if you do it for Scoots instead of Sweetie)
12. They get into a fight (but make up)
13. They get into a fight (but stay apart)
14. Rarity's thoughts on their relationship.
15. Scoot's family (adopted or biological) thoughts on their relationship.

That's all I got for now, be sure to reply to this so I know. More will be added when I think of them, or if you have one to do, do it! the more the better, yeah?

These may or may not be placed into a collab fic. Depends on if I get enough of them or bats lets me.
No, I won't be writing, I'm not that good at it.

~Skeeter the Lurker

2010467 Is there a limit on time?

2010467 Actually, screw it, I can do this here and now. I'll take #10

The reply was for when you actually WRITE the prompt up.

More than one can do any of them, that's just a starting list.

Noted! Lets see what you got...

No limit. I'd like these to be well made.

I await your offer! I has faith!

~Skeeter The Lurker

After game night is over, I'll have to see if any of these speak to me. I need to work on my CMC characterization.

i can work on some thing with the prompt of a work up to the first date and life after that. but ATM i'am writing a main WIP story. :twilightsmile:
But i will write down ideas in my notebook. :scootangel:

I have one that's not on this list.

---> |_| the box ---> x me

2010467 Would it be okay if I do #9 :fluttershysad:

~Leonzilla

If I claim one, do I just post it here? Or do I actually make it a fic, since I'm on my phone I'd rather do it here, but if not then that's OK too. So, what to do...

People usually just post them to the thread. Personally I don't see anything wrong with publishing, then linking to the finished work, as that way you get more readers. It's up to the organiser though.

There is actually something I've been wanting to suggest for a prompt thread. Achievements. Prompts are great, but they tend to lose steam pretty quickly (this one never even got started). That's inevitable, but I think achievements might be a way to add a bit of fun to it.

An achievement would be a particular occurrence that happens in the story (eg. Sweetie Belle kissing Scootaloo, for the obvious one). The achievements would be named and listed, but the specific criteria for success won't be given (to prevent people from simply trying to get every achievement).

Once a story is posted for the prompt, it'd be checked by whoever is handling the achievements, and awarded accordingly.

I dunno if anyone's still paying attention in this group, but... good idea? Bad idea? I'd be happy to handle it. :)

Something like this:

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
SWEET MOVES
Sweetie Belle kisses Scootaloo.

It's not exactly a bad idea, but there are a few issues with it. One is the simple lack of interest here. If it was a bigger pairing it'd be really fun, but it isn't and thus an achievement hunt wouldn't spark the same competitive interest as it would if say the masses were clamoring for the chance to claim.

Second, exactly what would these achievements be? Sweet Moves is a nice one, but considering the prompts could literally be anything at all a lot of chances for achievements could easily be missed. It's a good idea, but until hammered out a bit more should probably remain simply an idea. However, I'm for it since I like achievement hunts (I'm a gamer, what can I say?)

I'll most likely claim and fill prompt #15 when I'm not bone dead tired, but I really do need the thread creator to tell me if I have to turn it into a published work, or if I can post it here the way I usually do in the FlutterDash or OctaScratch groups.

Yeah, the main problem is that people might simply not hit the achievements. :) I figure I'd need about a hundred or so to be sure that people would hit them fairly regularly.

I mentioned it here to see if I could drum up a bit of interest for prompts. Nearly 400 members isn't a small group by any means, which arguably makes Scootabelle one of the bigger foal pairings.

3840471 yeah, for foals it is a pretty large pairing, but how many of those members have been active for the ship? Only 88 fics and no prompt tags... it's actually kind of small, at least in terms of actual contributions. I plan to contribute more to all groups I'm in, but I can't exactly say when, as I refuse to write actual fics on my phone. It'll have to wait until I can get either a) a new laptop or b) my Xbox 360 and Internet back.

3840477 - there was recently a thread in the Scootaloo group which asked about Scootaloo ships, and I believe Scootabelle came out on top there. (In fact, they also started a Prompt Thread. I should pitch this to them :) )

3840484 perhaps. I'm gonna join the Scootaloo group soon anyway, don't know why I haven't already. I do know that in my mind Scootaloo gets all the fillies so eh the number one ship could've been anything lol

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17