Anti-Depression Ponies 1,885 members · 2,425 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

Okay... I know I was going to post another thing as well, but this has been going on for a while and I need advice. I've made a blog of this, so you could look at my profile to...

If you had a friend that would take control of every situation, what would you do? If she laughed at you whenever you messed up, would hang onto you like a leech one day and completely ignore you the next? :unsuresweetie:

I've tried everything.

I've ran away from my problems a few years back, and now I paid the price for it by hanging out with the wrong crowd even if I didn't realize it till this semester... my story is my only source of comfort right now... and watching old episodes of this show.... I just... can't do it anymore. I'm tired of being the vulnerable girl who can't stand up for herself... why? Is there something wrong with me? :flutterrage:

I... I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I'm just really upset. And confused. And angry... damnit. :facehoof: I need a hug....

2244490 th-thanks... I guess...

*gives internet hug, because I can't give you an actual one from my current location*

From what I understand, you don't have the best of friends. If you tell them that you'll have to find others if they don't change their behaviors, the that's what you gotta do. You'll know whether they're your frinds or not when you test them.

Sorry, but being an individual who cares very little how people interact with him, this is all I can give.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you. Everyone winds up in this spot at some point. And everyone winds up becoming friends with someone only to later regret that. You're not alone in this.
If you would like to talk to me in private, you can send me a note, and I'll try to see if I can help you sort through what's going on with your situation. You don't have to though, if you don't want to.

2244483 That's not a friend. A friend will occasionally tease you, but they won't tear you down like that. I would say that you need to figure our what you want, and go after it. If I could, I would hug you, but a smile will have to do. :twilightsmile:

There's nothing wrong with you. I'm sorry that your friend doesn't respect you like they should. I know how hard it can be to make new friends; I didn't have a lot myself when I was in school -- back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I wish I could give better advice. Just know for now that there are people out there who will listen whenever you need to express your feelings.

So, reading up on your problem over on your account, the best advice I can offer, is let them know. I get that it seems like nobody is paying attention, or at least that's what I'm picking up on. You have to let them know how seriously it upsets you, don't stand for bullshit. You deserve better than that and it's only going to fester and boil inside if you don't let it out. If they don't care after you let them know how upsetting and hurtful it is, then you might want to consider looking for a new friend, because they obviously don't care enough to be a good friend.
It's never an easy thing to call out a friend, I know that much, but you have to let them know that you're willing to stand up for yourself.
There's nothing wrong with you, you've just come across a bump and finding some difficulty crossing it.
If you need anyone to talk to, this is the right place to come, the community is very welcoming and accepting, and if any fallout occurs, they'll be here if you ask for them.

2244483 That, my dear, is easier to answer than to execute.

You know that you're hanging out with the wrong crowd, but it will be difficult to leave. When you do, you will be an outcast among the other clicks of the school. Finding different friends will be hard and at times, you will want to give it up.

My little sister went through much of the same thing that you're going through.

I know some of that myself, but when I chose to make myself hardened, I started to close myself off from the rest of the world. I became a recluse and it's an issue I'm just now going to started rectifying.

Being yourself, that is to say, being the best person, the strongest and kindest person you think you can be is never easy. But it's always worth it.

It's what I'm trying to do now.

What I'm telling you isn't easy to swallow, but it's the truth.

You will stumble.

You will fall.

But in the days after you gave it your best, you will stand proudly in the sun and say "this is me and I'm here. What are you gonna do about it?"

And trust me on this: That day will be glorious :ajsmug:

Remember, anything can happen.

2244483 *Hug* No you're not to blame. Start Standing up for yourself, The Late Great Micheal Jackson said it best.

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My Favorite Winter Coat This Wind Is Blowing My Mind. I See The Kids In The Street, With Not Enough To Eat Who Am I, To Be Blind? Pretending Not To See Their Needs.A Summer's Disregard, A Broken Bottle Top And A One Man's Soul. They Follow Each Other On The Wind Ya' Know Cause They Got Nowhere To Go That's Why I Want You To Know.

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer. If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place Take A Look At Yourself And Make That Change.

You know what to change to make your life different, how you change it is up to you. Be it for better or worse, know that we're here for you in spirit and on internet.

2244483 :fluttershysad:*hugs*
I wish I could offer something truly helpful...

2244483 first thing first /) bro hoof

Second YOU ARE NOT WEAK that train of thought can be deadly also confront your friends

I think you should break it off with your friend, I'm not the absolute best at giving rousing speeches, but if you have a friend who does all of that stuff to you, then she isn't a true friend and therefore is someone that you must cut all ties to: unfriend her, report her behavior to anyone of authority who will listen and don't listen to any apologies she may make.

I'd also recommend therapy, because it IS really helpful and a therapist could definitely help you with your problems.

Remember: You may have to cross bitter waters before reaching the sweet.

2244681 Aussie, then? This looks like a job for...

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG!!!

2244483 To answer your question, I'd drop that friend like a bad habit because they're using you to make themself look better.

Stand up straight. Don't look down. Don't cast your eyes down, never run away. If you do these things and keep your head held high, then the world will come to you.

These words have guided me for a pretty long time, I hope you'll take them to heart as well. Courage is easy enough to proclaim, but difficult in practice but as long as you're willing to stand your ground and believe in yourself beyond a shadow of a doubt, then you'll do just fine.

Don't give them the satisfaction of seeing you defeated, okay?

A friend doesn't do things like that. I may not exactly have a ton of friends, but I know how to spot a fake one. My advice, drop them. If they don't respect you, they don't deserve you.

I'm sorry if I seem a bit off putting when I say this, but I have seen, and had this happen to me, and my friends far too many times. It is something I do not tolerate.

2244483 You remind me of fluttershy. Fluttershys a badass so i believe that you are one also so dont let yourself be surrounded by people who havent done anything to prove themselves as good freinds.

2244483 first off, *hugs*

link to image incase you can't see it.

my advice is you're better off making new friends, though it depends on whether or not you believe your friend would change... :twilightsheepish:

oh god... thank you, everyone. Really. :pinkiehappy: *hugs back* I've made a pledge to myself this year that I'll be more confident in what I do, but it's one of those things where it's like "easier said than done..." I can say many things wrong about myself but then that's just making excuses over something I know I can do, I'm just too afraid to do it.... but... now... hopefully.. with Celestia as my witness I will take to your advice. :twilightsmile:

2244681 good lord, I died. :rainbowlaugh: hehe...

2244483 I'm sorry, it's often so hard to admit that the people we care about are total jerks to us and just don't care, but I know your pain from personal experience. People will get better as they grow and mature, but sometimes it takes giving them some space for that to happen. And sometimes it is just best for everyone's sake if you let go and find your own way without them. If they can afford to use you emotionally like that and just ignore you like you're not a person, then they don't value you like they should and you need to think about where you go from there. When you have friends, you don't have to do everything they do and they want you to do things that aren't good for you, you need to have the strength to just say no to what isn't right for you and retain their friendship only if they are willing to respect that. Ultimately, people will love and respect you more with time if you prove yourself to be a strong individual in your own right and worth being treated as one. People will want to be friends with you for who you are. If your friends are no good for you, stand up and stand strong. Next time your "friend" ignores you, just tell her that it's time you spent less time together because you are tired of being walked over and treated like that. If your "friends" are putting you into a situation that is wrong for you, just remember who you are as a persona and stand back, watch instead of taking part; and only take part in what they do if it is what is right for you. Remember that whether your friends are jerks or not, the world is always there for you to love and live in and you are more capable than you realise, you are a strong person and you can find the strength within you to laugh and dance and enjoy every minute of life even if you sometimes have to do so on your own. Smile!

Smiles
Group Admin

Real friends don't do that to one another, ah don't have alot of friends but that's because ah don't want to be apart of the rouge crowd, to many people were ah live do drugs, ah've seen a 7 year old smoking weed! but that's just were ah live, cant change that. ah've grown up in my neighborhood for 16 years, all my life and ah have not one person ah can call friend...

The friends ah do have though, out of town are true, there real and not fake, and we all love and care and respected one another.

My be best advice would be to stop hanging out with them, from what you've have said, they don't take real consideration of who you are. ah know that's kindof harsh but tell them, that if they don't start respecting ya like a friend then its over.

Trust me ah know that can be hard but that's just what you have to do sometimes... But if you ever need someone to talk to or someone to listen, My PM bow is and will always be open...

And know that we're all here for you in spirit and on internet, and will support you every step of the way... *Hug*

2244483 Friend. Please, that is not a friend. Dump her, and move on. Look for people who respect you, people who melt in with the crowd. That's how I found a friend. :pinkiesmile:

When I went into sixth grade, I had no friends. One had gone to private school, the other the same. I had Jo friends, and drifted around between classes. Then, my mother encouraged my to join this school club thing, Odyssey of the mind. It was nice, but after a while, some of the girls started to get mean to me. Once again, I was melting into the background. So I quit. I told my dad I did not want to be in it anymore, so I quit. Then at school, I saw a short red haired girl, and talked with her. I found out she like My Little Pony too, and we became friends. I became friends with her friends, and so on.

Look for a friend. I garuntee you, you'll find one.
EDIT: I spelled garuntee wrong, didn't I?:rainbowwild:
And PM me if you need someone to talk to. You probably won't, you've got a whole selection of nice people after all!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29