~The Decent Writers Club~ 1,678 members · 9,341 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

I've asked this question in a few other groups, but I'm just trying to get everyone's opinions out there. I'm working on a chapter for a fic and I have a few holiday related questions to consider. What traditions do you think they have in Equestria to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve?

I just rewatched the episode and the decorations are the same, they sing 'Holiday Carols,' and they gather together as friends and family. Aside from that we really don't know much else. Are there special dishes that they prepare? Do they give gifts? Is there a pony version of Santa Claus?

What do YOU think?

I'm just going to use a ponified Christmas for my story.

I think they probably have a version of Santa Hooves, maybe a fe trees to put up (including a story as to why they have trees), and I think another tradition maybe has the kids finding the particular plays that show up everyday. Maybe not plays like, Rudolph because that is just...plain...OH GOD I JUST GOT AN IDEA!!!

Uh...anyway. They could have plays based on other stories and legends.

I remember seeing that someone had said that they combined Thanksgiving and Christmas. Me, I go with that, but make it lean more towards Christmas.

I thought that Heart Warming's Eve is something akin (hides in a foxhole for the incoming shitstorm) more to the Jewish Easter, than the Catholic Christmas.

As such, there is a banquet with symbolical foods, a tradional order of speeches and everything (unfortunately, I can't tell much else.)

That, or it's the National Holiday, with military parades in Canterlot, free museums entrances and lots of flag waving.

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2361419 You mean the Jewish Passover?

Yes, I meant the Jewish Passover.

2361366 I was just going for a Christmas under a different name for my story.:applejackunsure:

AtomicMuffin
Group Admin

2361448 Thanks for clarifying. :twilightsmile:

Well Actually, it is like Independence Day for the ponies, as Equestria is formed around that time.

Except in Winter/Christmas style lol.

Based on the story told in that episode, the holiday would seem to be about unity and getting along with everypony else. They celebrate friendship, and how good friends can help you get through hard times.

Maybe instead of a tree, they have an artificial representation of the Fire of Friendship, as in one that doesn't burn the house down. And the Fire is decorated by the friends it binds together in harmony. There's the stage play, of course, and they probably gather for dinner. I dunno about presents, but I could see marketers taking advantage of a big holiday like that and starting a gifting tradition.

Crap. Now I kinda wanna write a Hearth's Warming story and I already told myself I wouldn't.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13