Human in Equestria 16,871 members · 17,069 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So I was looking around the site here. I noticed that there just isn't a lot of human x griffin or human x dragon fics. Now I know, it's a site dedicated to MLP, and that is awesome, as I do lika da ponies.

There are other races on that world though however, and I also lika da world building. So I had an idea floating around about how maybe a human gets taken anywhere but Ponyville, or Canterlot. There he, or she gets caught up in a vicious love triangle between maybe a couple of griffins? Or even worse, a couple of Dragonesses.

Now I know a story here is technically supposed to have ponies in it. So I was thinking of a twist where the ponies find out that a new creature is in their world, and through the art of miscommunication, think it is being held captive. So off they go to rescue it from the captors.

A lot of OCs would be used for this, pretty much all of them really. And while griffin females are pretty easy to imagine thanks to Gilda, I think it would be a challenge to try and describe how a normal sized human could fall for a several story tall dragoness, and vice versa. Maybe they have shape shifting magic? Or at least size shifting magic. Maybe they don't.

Anyway, just thought I would throw some plot out there for people to mull over. I have finished my main story, getting ready to start finishing my second one. Want something to write while I procrastinate over writing my main novel that I have been working on for over two years. tell me what you guys think of a non pony focused story.

Short answer? Do it.

Long answer? Doooooooooooo iiiiiiiit.

Story doesn't have to have ponies, just has to have some MLP universe tie in. I think you should go for it. This sounds interesting.

Do as you please, in the end it's up to how good you are writing it.

MetaKnight145
Group Admin

1295829 Do the dragonness one, please...PLEASE!

go for it i might give it a read if its any good

I could be tempted to read something like this. And by that I mean I'd be completely behind this idea. :pinkiehappy:

A fair portion of Dragon mythology states that they can take Human form whenever they wish, and often do so to play jokes on the 'little ones'. On occasion a Dragon would have a child with a Human (usually a female Human, no rape involved as it had something to do with their code of honor or something) so it stands to reason that they could indeed change shape.

Although that may not be necessary, as the Teenage Dragons, while probably taller than average Humans, would not necessarily be giants. Also, an adult Dragon of that universe would probably view the prospect of romance with a 'little one' to be a fanciful foolishness of youth anyway (considering the 'little ones' would probably end up being for dinner). It's far more likely that a teenage Dragoness, (assuming Dragons have the same issues with puberty that Humans do) might seek romance with an exotic creature that still has a similar body shape.
-
There are actually a fair amount of stories that are loaded with OCs and they are still really good. Most of the 'Chess Game Of The Gods' fics fall into this catagory.
Just let me know when you;re actually writing it so I can read it :twilightsmile: I'm not on all the time, so I might miss it when it pops up to be read.

Well all you really need to do is make it clear that it would be a story from the random of my little pony. In this case I would try hard to not make it an entirely oc driven story. If you were to use already known characters it would be your safest bet. If not and you really need a new griffon or dragon then you should make an into chapter stating if this would be in the universe of my little pony. A moderator needs to know if you are making the right story. Actually now that I think about it...unless there are ponies or griffons slash dragons we know of already then it would not be mlp in the first place....I would be very carefully my friend. This are quite murky waters you are tredding

Detective Chmilewsky
Group Contributor

1295829 In the Ingress story group, there is a human x griffon story. Two, actually.

1295829 I think I'd prefer Human X Dragon over Human X Griffon. Griffons are fucking jerks.

1295855 midget dragons. Easily explained.

Yes. Gilda is just a bitch. Not all griffins (hopefully). I think griffins are sexy. Do the story! And ill have to give your novel a read.

Man, it'll be a while or maybe never for me to do a dragon x human. Griffin, I'm already covering. Dragons could be interesting.

Another you don't see a lot: humans x diamond dogs.

1777113 The Diamond Dog one would have to nothing but head canon. Since so far we have only seen three of them that actually spoke, and they were kinda....derped.

It would be interesting though, maybe there are different castes of Diamond Dogs that have different attributes from the others. Some are smarter, others are more wolf like in appearance. In my first fic I had a very short term use OC named Drill that was a Diamond Dog engineer, but that was all that was really said about him.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16