Sunset Shimmer 4,926 members · 6,754 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

A. After graduation and go to college and stay in the human world?

B. After graduation, return to Equestria?

Option A. The human world is her home now.

I always imagined Sunset Shimmer returning to Equestria after comprehending better the Magic of Friendship, but after a while (and reading some fics) I get to the conclusion she made a place for her within the people of the mirror realm - A.K.A Earth.

Option A.

She wants to go to college, but documentation is an issue. So princess twilight sends Luna (not like she’s doing anything useful anymore) to open relations with the human world and appoints sunset her ambassador. All so sunnybuns can legally get into a school :3

B
I away saw her returning to Equestria and earning her alicorn wings

She would need to somehow become a citizen or legal status of sort if she wished to stay in the human world and do more than be a waitress until she's 60. Otherwise, it would be better to live in Equestria and just travel back and forth between worlds to visit friends. That is assuming a great deal many things, but that would be the best of both worlds. (no pun intended)

Option A. I had a mental image of her within the past few years of her supporting herself via her gaming channel, with some art commissions on the side. That would allow her to stay in the human world, while also keeping her schedule free enough that she wouldn't have much trouble accessing the portal if she needed to.

Realistically, I don't know how well that would work out. It was just a thought. ()^_^

For my fics, I’m always going to write her as having stayed in the human world, though she visits Equestria on a frequent basis and (if I decide she has any) reconnects with her family. To me the idea of leaving permanently feels like betraying the bonds she’s made in the human world, and the ever-popular “Sunset displaced her human counterpart and has to leave to restore harmony” premise always feels a bit too much like deportation. (Not to say others shouldn’t write what they want or find ways to make it work or be more meaningful, I’m just speaking generally.)

As for the official documentation issue, my headcanon is that she has what she needs by the Summertime Shorts if not earlier (hence her apartment in “Monday Blues” and job in “Good Vibes”), and that Principal Celestia may have used some local government connections to help her obtain it. She probably would’ve had trouble visiting a movie set (and being given a role), applying for a driver’s license, getting on the yacht or going to a music festival if she still had no ID by then.

Honestly I believe B is the right choice. I have read some awesome stories of her staying in the human world but she never 100% fits, in my opinion. Besides she has no paper trail and someday that would become a problem. Also in my headcanon she is the daughter of Celestia (I know it's never stated who her parents are and I does make sense in some ways) so I would think she would want to go back to see her family.

Depending upon certain factors like documentation considering she and twilight both got into ch without anyone noticing that they didn't belong there and last I knew sunset is homeless which won't help her when it comes to college or a driver license. She has never truly been happy in equestria so if she can find a way past the obstacles she probably be happy in staying in the human world. It isn't like twilight ever asked her about whether she liked to stay or not. The only time she invited her back was during forgotten friendship and that was to get answers. She never ever actually thought about sunset feelings in her life . She tends to lack empathy when feelings aren't obvious and she gets too caught up in her path to see anything else.

Sunset is shown having a place to live (a pretty nice one, too) in “Monday Blues” and Forgotten Friendship. (“Game Stream” also appears to be set in her room.)

I must have missed that. Now I think I remember that in forgotten friendship. Though I never saw the other one.

I believe she will decide to stay in the human realm. Perhaps she goes to Eauesteria but soon realize, even though these people represent the ones she knew, they're not really the same. Besides, I belive with the magic leaking into the human world, you need someone trustworthy to keep an eye out for trouble on the other side.

Well, okay, if that's a correct answer to you.

A, the human world is her home. She has friends and possibly even a family there. While compared to Equestria where she has a former teacher she had a rocky past with and Twilight.

Good answer. I'd be too depressing to see Sunset leave her friends and the world she calls home.

Option A, Sunset doesn't appear to have any connection to Equestria anymore.

A - the human world made her a better pony (person)

A. If she wanted to return to Equestria, she's had plenty of opportunity - it's clear there's nothing much there for her, while she has many friendships on the human side.

(Although.. Princess Twilight could maybe use someone bright and experienced with human technology to help forward Equestria' s development in that area... she could still help out part time or by correspondence, though.)

Comment posted by MASTERMIND360 deleted Jan 23rd, 2022

Stay in the human world.

She's in a rather unique position to benefit from experise and resources of both worlds. I wouldn't expect either of those two options just by themselves, especially with hTwilight around.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30