Sunset Shimmer 4,935 members · 6,781 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

I'm not so sure why I do. I don't know if it's because I didn't find Equestria girls to be that good, and I just want to keep her in Equestria. I think maybe it's because when you have her in the human world, there's not much fantasy you can do without having her go back to Equestria, and that's what I really like about the show. I really like Sunset's backstory, and maybe I feel like I want to know the past Sunset rather than the present Sunset. I like her as a villain and as a reformed pony, but I just can't seem to like her human form as much as I do as her original pony form.

Does anyone else share a similar feeling, or am I just being weird?

I also prefer her as pony (though, I wouldn't mind if she kept the cool jacket).

As a human she can neither perform magic, nor wield any of the Elements of Harmony (and unfortunately, I doubt that will change with Rainbow Power in the new film.) :ajbemused:

And I think it would be really cool if she came back to Equestria and we get to see her reuniting with Celestia again for the first time since their falling out, since the ending of the first film showed that despite everything-Celestia is still concerned about her well-being.

Trust me. You're not alone.:raritywink:
I certainly like her better as a pony, and there at least two groups on this site devoted to wanting Sunset back in Equestria. If you want, I can send you the links to them (they're very small groups right now).

Okay, just thought I should mention it.:twilightsmile:
Anyways, really agree with pretty much everything you said.

Not to mention that Pony Sunset has amazing character design which is way better that any human character design in EQG could ever get. (Even though human Sunset is still one of the better designed humans)

Totally agree with both.:moustache:

By the way, I totally think that we need an extra folder for Pony-Sunset in this group.

I think maybe it's because when you have her in the human world, there's not much fantasy you can do without having her go back to Equestria,

That's not necessarily true. I mean, obviously there's some magic stuff on the human side - the portal to Equestria is a pretty huge one, and we know that magic artifacts brought over still work, and at least one unicorn wizard wasn't beyond chucking a bunch of immortal monsters into the human world. Then there's the fact that the Humane Six are obviously still magical in some way.

So you can totally tell fantasy stories set in the mirror world, it's just that the fantasy is more urban and the supernatural stuff is a lot more fringe than it is in Equestria. In a way that's pretty handy since it gives us a wider range of stories to tell.

And if you think about it, Sunset Shimmer is pretty much the closest thing the human world has to a genuine expert on magic, so she's the ideal protagonist to deal with supernatural incidents.

So you can totally tell fantasy stories set in the mirror world, it's just that the fantasy is more urban and the supernatural stuff is a lot more fringe than it is in Equestria. In a way that's pretty handy since it gives us a wider range of stories to tell.
And if you think about it, Sunset Shimmer is pretty much the closest thing the human world has to a genuine expert on magic, so she's the ideal protagonist to deal with supernatural incidents.

You don't know how right you are, mon ami(e).
(Wait actually you do know.)
Huge potential with human Sunset Shimmer even if you want to go the Adventure rather than Slice-Of-Life route.

You don't know how right you are, mon ami(e).

Eh bien, je suis amical de toute façon. :twilightsmile:

Huge potential with human Sunset Shimmer even if you want to go the Adventure rather than Slice-Of-Life route.

Sunset Shimmer, Paranormal Investigator.

"It takes one to know one."

Sunset Shimmer, Paranormal Investigator.

"It takes one to know one."

Someone should get on that.

Awh, come on man! I already got on my 'to write' list-

An EG-Kung Fu Panda crossover plus a possible prequel and sequel
A Sunlight fic
A Sunshy fic
A 'Lunaverse'-type story, starring Sunset Shimmer [yeah, yeah, I know there's already two of those, but I'm still gonna do mine!]

But I'll see what I can do.

Someone should get on that

Shouldn't have put that there. :trollestia:

Touche Darth Redbeard.:duck:

3782846 I'm just messing with ya. You don't have to. I would, but even I don't have time.

I know.:derpytongue2:
Still, if no-one else plans on doing it.

Yeah, I got this one. It's actually what I'm doing for my first (and likely only) FiMfic.
First 2 chapters coming soon, as soon as I get everything neat, and finish a few illustrations (I intend to illustrate every chapter).
I'm more a comic book author than a prose author, so don't expect too much at first. I haven't written prose in years.
Last year I originally planned to draw this as a fan comic. Changing that to an illustrated fanfic because I no longer have the time to draw as much.

Cover pic WIP, not colored yet, and that word graphic is a placeholder.

Awesome!:rainbowkiss::heart:
And yeah, I know what you mean.:twilightsheepish:
I personally think I'm better at writing screenplay format (at least since I helped make a fan-script for a MLP episode last year). I can't wait to see what you've got in store.:yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23