Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34
PaulAsaran
Group Admin

After a few months of waiting for group notifications to start working again, we have decided to go ahead and start up contests without them! That's right, we're back, and to kick off the start of the resumption of our contests we have a pair pulled right from the random request roulette!

First up, the Most Eligible Bachelor in Canterlot!

Look at poor Fancy, he has no young filly to enjoy the night with. Poor guy, it's so lonely at the top. Let us fix that, with a nice bottle of...

Applejack!

There are a lot of possible reasons for these two to get together, and I'm looking forward to seeing how our contestants handle it. We've decided to make this an extra-long contest to give more people time to come up with ideas and just know the contest exists (no group notifications and all that), so this one's due date is September 1st! So what are you waiting for? Get crackin!

punzil504
Group Contributor

Applejack's been overdue for an appearance in this group. She's been getting a lot of "random" style love from outside sources (Octavia and Aloe are the freshest in my memory), but a pairing with Fancy Pants oozes with potential. I wonder how much Fancy likes being covered in mud...

Plus Fleur got to date Big Mac a couple of months ago... sequel potential?

Saweet! Fancyjack!

So how and where might I submit my entry? :rainbowhuh:

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Hehe... yeah, I won't be entering this one. I've more or less sworn off contests for the time being as they keep preventing me from writing the stories I've had on the backlog for months. So in my case, no, no sequel. :unsuresweetie:

Too bad, because I can see so many ways to get these two together. Darn the random roulette for spitting out such a great couple! :flutterrage:

punzil504
Group Contributor

Ironically, I started a little story a couple of days ago with a bit of a "Canterlot goes to Ponyville" theme. Unfortunately, it's not something that I can rewrite/restart just by swapping out the names of the main characters with Fancy Pants and Applejack.

But since I have until September 1st, maybe I'll be able to do both... :pinkiecrazy:

3405524 Hmm....well......Fancy did seem to have an interest in the ahem.."robustness" of Rarity's friends. Maybe he took more of an interest in one of them than the others.:ajsmug:

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

I think you mean "rustic." If you are directly quoting the show... well, just goes to show he has a taste for the 'other half,' if you will. :ajsmug:

3408846 Oh yes, there's much potential with this ship. Alas, I ship Thunderjack (OTP) and FancyLight, so that's a problem.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Is not. It's not hard to come up with multiple shippings, I should know; I've already managed to write stories involving Lucy (LunaXFancy), Lunatavia (LunaXOctavia), and Lunatrix (LunaXTrixie), the last one being by far my favorite.

There's nothing to stop you!

Why isn't there a 'devil' pony to use in times like this? Suddenly that Scoota-angel annoys me. I think an Inspiration Manifestation Rarity would make for a good choice in this matter. I suppose a Flutterbat would also be appropriate, but I can't think of any moment where she actually looked 'evil' in the way I'm thinking.

3410874 for a devil icon, I think it should be Diamond Tiara.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

As much as I like Inspiration Manifestation Rarity for the job, I have to acknowledge that DT would make a pretty good substitute.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

I think I might just have a concept.

3405524 Sigh, I was hoping this competition to be between two females. Can I somehow work around Fancy Pants? Make him rule 63?

punzil504
Group Contributor

I don't think there's much about Fancy's character that would change much if he were gender swapped. He'd still be wealthy, there's no reason he wouldn't command the authority as a female that he does as a male. I've seen a story where the reverse (the preciously mentioned Aloe Pomme - Applejack dates a R63'd Aloe) has been done rather well, and it doesn't appear to be explicitly against the rules...

I wouldn't be against it if it means that we get a good story out of it, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

I personally don't have a problem with it. It's like>>3420205 says, as long as Fancy is still fancy, gender isn't such a big deal.

But I still have to ask, 3410974, what are your thoughts?

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Frankly? I don't see what it matters what the genders are. If someone wants to switch from Fancy Pants to Regal Splendor (not that I expect you to use that name), I say go for it.

And just because I can:

Heck, now that I think on it, she's right up my alley. Tomboy? Check. Powerful? Check. Cultural elite? Check. What a pity I didn't think of it first... or have the time to enter the contest in the first place.

3423542 That's good to hear. Now I only need a good idea for the story.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Thread revival.

I'll be doing this once a week until the contest concludes.

I'm really trying to write something for this, but I just can't get a good idea to work with.:raritydespair:
So far, the only thing I have written is that Applejack arrived to Manehattan.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

I am revived! It's a miracle! Guess I don't have to use my bottled fairy, after all.

punzil504
Group Contributor

It's not for this group's contest, but this Daisy Chain contest story is worth a read. Perhaps it will inspire something.

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Thread revival. Also, Batman!

punzil504
Group Contributor

Batman's not on the nose of a space shuttle engulfed in flames while wearing a suit made of bacon.

On the plus side, it looks like we have an entry!

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

And so we see why McNinja idolizes The Bat.

Indeed, I invited that artist to join once I heard from her editor (who is also my editor) about the story. Totally a coincidence that she was writing it at the same time were set the contest up. :pinkiehappy:

Danger Beans
Group Admin

Just want to remind everyone, that today is the last day of July.
That means there's only on month left.

3495192 :pinkiegasp:That's good to know. Ithought the contest ended yesterday.

There's only a few weeks left until the contest closes and I'm the only person who's submitted a contest entry. I was really hoping that someone else would have entered their story so I could see what I'm up against. :ajsleepy: Oh well, maybe someone will submit their stories at the last minute and I'll never know what I'm really getting myself into. :pinkiegasp:

Let's just hope more people decide to write FancyxJack otherwise there won't be much of a competition. :twilightoops:

3513525 A new Challenger will shortly jump into battle!

Awesome! I can't wait to find out who they might be! :raritystarry::rainbowlaugh:

I was wondering, is there a chance for September's contest, if there will be one, that it could possibly start tomorrow? Friday, August 29. I'm asking because I would like to use the weekend to start thinking ideas and that. I can't really work on it if the contest start Monday, September 1, I got some things that won't allow me to.(college, tests and stuff)

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

And this reminds me that I do have some announcements to make.

Our inglorious leader has left me as temporary evil dictator for the time being. I see no reason not to announce the September Contest early, so I shall see what I can do. I'll post some updates tomorrow for everyone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34