AU's Are Gold: An Alternate Universe Fangroup 984 members · 2,544 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

I need a pony who can replace Pinkie Pie as the element of laughter, in a case were Pinkie Pie was never a party pony, but instead a insane evil mad scientist.

Also no Cheese Sandwich(being as he wasn't cheerful until after he went to one of Pinkie Pie's parties).

5821270 Use Screwball! She even has a character tag, she's usually a good candidate.

5821270 What type of situation do you have to work with? Could Party Favor from Starlight's town work? That's the most obvious choice I can see. (Good catch with the exclusion of Cheese Sandwich.)

Ditzy/Derpy might work in a pinch, though I've personally always seen her as being closer to Kindness than Laughter.

If you're making major enough changes to the timeline, you could attempt to extrapolate the Butterfly Effect and redefine another character to fit the role. However, this can be difficult to pull off sometimes, and some of your readers may not follow the transition.

I have two new OC's I made and both are cyborgs made by Sickle Shelf(A.U. version of Pinkie Pie). The story is about how up until Tirek's inclusion in the Canon storyline Sickle Shelf has been secreting making cyborgs so she can take over Equestria. But the main problem I'm having is finding a replacement for Pinkie Pie as the element of laughter.

5821270 Colgate/Minuette

Please explain why she would make sense(hint: how would the other mane 6 meet her in PONYVILLE)

5821368 Well she's a very happy and joyful pony. She would be helping one of the Mane 6 six set up a party.

Comment posted by BronyWriter186 deleted Feb 25th, 2017

5821373 She lives in Canterlot

5821395 Well she's friend with Lyra who lived in Ponyville.

5821270 Cherilee. She would make a good EoL. My reasoning is that as a school teacher, she would have to be able to laugh with the children.

5821409 I think it was mention in amending fences.

5821412 I have a feeling she would make a Element of Generosity or Loyalty(but not laughter)
5821416 I'll check on that.

5821430 So I rewatched part of the episode and I now see your point NobodieZ, but I won't put in just yet, I'll have to think about it a little(and listen to more ideas).

Troubleshoes could work. He would require some backstory to get him to Ponyville from Appaloosa, but therein could be the AU tale of how he realizes what his cutie Mark really means.

5821509 I see that going to a whole different story. Maybe one where they don't beat anypony except Nightmare Moon(if even her).

Troubleshoes is only funny because he is clumsy. He might end up killing one of the others.

It's your story. We're just tossing out suggestions of ponies that have the potential to inspire laughter in others by whatever means based on something from the show, however minor it may seem.

For discussion's sake, a small list of "It's been done before" elements of Laughter:

Cheerilee - Lunaverse
Trixie - Manehattanverse (explaination: she's a showmare who uses her powers to entertain)
Derpy/Ditzy Doo/Muffins - Replaced Pinkie Pie in Tales of the Phoenix Empire and The Combinatorics Project, Flipverse
Babs Seed - schwarzekatze4's Harmony Crusaders
Calupan - alicorn sibling of Celestia and Luna from The Sisters Do
Rainbow Dash - Random Elements
Bluenote/Beauty Brass - Cadanceverse
Applejack - A minor variation
Sunny Flare - xebck's AU centered on Sunset Shimmer.
Lemon Zest - LimeDazzle's AU centered on Moondancer.

Well I plan on changing very little from the canon show. For example {insert new EoLa} will have to do everything Pinkie did in S1 E1&2.

I got a magnificent replacement for her.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21