Equestria Girls Fics 3,768 members · 12,138 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Hey ladies and gentlemen.

I just realized something. Since the human world works differently from Equestria, i thought of a question that has come across my mind recently.

What exactly are the Humane Seven's dreams for the future ?

Applejack:

- She could run the family farm and participate in her family's business of selling products made from her farm's apples.

Fluttershy:

- She could be a vetenarian or a zookeeper. Anything that involves helping animals is a potential dream for her future.

Pinkie Pie:

- She could be a party entertainer where she could make various parties of all kinds under a reasonable price.
- Or she could be a baker or a celebrity patisserie. Anything that involves making scrumptious sweets is also a potential dream for her future.

Rarity

- She could continue operating her own boutique where she could sell many clothes of her own design.
- Or she could be a fashion designer where she could make fabulous clothes to many people and become popular. Specifically, anything regarding fashion is a potential dream for her future.

Rainbow Dash

- She could sign up for the military. Specifically, the Air Force. Probably due to her need for speed.
- She could also become a famous athlete or a humble coach teaching kids at school on how to do sports. Specifically, anything regarding sports is a possible dream for her future.

Twilight Sparkle (Sci-Twi)

- She could become a scientist or an engineer. Specifically, anything regarding science and math of all levels is a potential dream for her future.

Which sadly leaves us with Sunset Shimmer.

She is not a human. Sunset is an Equestrian pony. A unicorn, to be exact. So, my follow up question regarding her is....

What exactly is her dream for her future ?

Since she has finally embraced friendship, she has begun to do many good things with her friends for life.

But, does she have a place of her own in the human world once she and her six friends had finally graduated from CHS ?

Will she find a dream or make the choice to return to Equestria ?

I don't know. What do you think, ladies and gentlemen ?

Nice concept idea. I don't really know what sunset might do. Maybe sunset will go back to Equetria.

For Pinkie and Rarity, the two things aren't mutually exclusive so both.
In EQG the human RD hasn't shown signs of being interested in the equivalent to the Blue Angels, so I think she'll strive to be a professional athlete for a while and then become a couch or something along those llines.
As for Sunset, given the last batch of shorts, a professional artist and comic book writter, maybe a competitive gamer with a brief run as a professional rocker.

I like most of these ideas, but I would choose astronomer for Twilight, since she's been shown to be very interested in astronomy in the pony world. And for Sunset, I could see her becoming an autobiography author, selling books to tell people about her life experience, like the plot in the episode Fame and Misfortune, where the Mane Six publish their books to tell the world about their lessons about friendship, the only thing is, this time, it'll be successful for the right reasons. And like Foxhelm said, I think Rarity and Pinkie Pie would do both those jobs, and Rainbow more of an athlete.

I like to think that Sci-Twi will be the one to go to Equestria to study magic. Lor she'll become a scientist.

And since Sunset is so content in the Human world I think she'll stay and be Principle Celestia's successor.

Applejack will be content with running the family business.

Rainbow Dash would definitely like to join the Blue Angels or Wonderbolts, whatever they're called in the human world.

I can see Fluttershy becoming a vet. Maybe even in Africa or a wildlife reserve.

I could see anyone of your suggestions becoming a reality really. I personally think the jobs they may have in the future might mirror the job the mane 6 have in Equestia.

*Applejack would return to her farm and continue to run it alongside her big brother and little sister. That is unless, Apple Bloom decides to do something else with her life with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo... working in the movies maybe? :unsuresweetie:

*Instead of being a zookeeper, I could actually see Fluttershy eventually opening up her own animal reserve like 6236448 suggested. I could see her gaining funding from government to keep the reserve running, and would allow others admission for reasonable prices. But her main goal would be the treatment and care of the animals that live there.

*Pinkie I could either see as a small town party organizer or a big name in the industry. She'd provide catering services for the parties she throws, and be open to planning any form of celebration, from weddings, to bar mitzvah, to birthday parties. She'd even have her own advertisements through commercials and billboards.

*Rarity would no doubt strive to make herself a big name in the fashion industry, and would probably open up a few boutiques around the area to get her name out there. Like her pony counterpart, she would place all her own designs in each boutique she runs in hopes of gain notoriety for the products she sells. I could imagine her becoming a big name in the fashion industry with picture slathered over multiple magazines and success articles.

*Like 6236393 and 6236400 suggests, I think RD would be more likely to become a top athlete in EQG rather then a blue angel. From what we've seen from the movies and the shorts, I'd say she'd strive to become a national soccer athlete with the drive to compete in European World Cup Tournament. I don't see her quitting for a long time, but she eventually works her way into the hall of fame, she'd retire and perhaps become a coach for notable sports team.

*Sci-Twi I actually see becoming a professor and researcher of magic in some ivy-league collage in the EQG world. Give her experience and how prevalent magic is seeming to be becoming in Canterlot, and possibly the rest of the world, I think a new form of study would need to be formed. She'd teach students about the effects of magic and earn money from grants to continue her own studies.

*Sunset Shimmer I could also see become an artist on commotion or an artist for a large comic book company. I personally lead more to the artist side, and assume she'd open up her own studio and work on personal projects and projects asked to be worked on by her customers. She may even someday create landscape art for the city, or even get some of her works placed up in a gallery or display somewhere. Like 6236393 suggests, I still see her being a gamer and playing an instrument, but more then likely as a hobby then anything else.

All good ideas
As for Sunset, I read a story where she became a teacher at canterlot high which I thought was an interesting idea

Well, the dreams that you suggested are not bad, though with Rainbow I prefer the second option of her teaching kid how to play soccer and becoming a coach.

Now, for what Sunset will do in the future, I think you should go with what 6236400 said. I think it's a nice fit for her character.

Most of your ideas are very similar to the pony versions, but your question about Sunset's dream made me think. She's smart and seems good at every subject, but she also has an artistic side in the new shorts. I think she should become a website programmer or graphic designer, or maybe a video game designer since she was also into that "Tirek's Revenge" game.

AFAIC, proposing that Sunset becomes an artist, a writer, or a game designer misses the mark. Just because she's seen playing video games doesn't mean she would work in the industry. Obviously. And for someone to want to become an artist or author, you can't just display some occasional aptitude.

If we want to see what Sunset would do as an adult, we'd have to look at the big picture, at her raison d'etre. This is a driven individual who is capable enough to be somewhat good at everything, but would never choose a vocation because it "earns a living". If nothing interests her on Earth, she would simply go back to Equestria and become an adventuring scholar of some sort.

I don't know what she would do on Earth, sans magical adventures. Her personality and talents is not a good fit for modern Earth; she would have liked this planet better a few centuries ago, when individualistic contributions still moved history and pioneering wasn't so tied with intricate technology and entrepreneurialism. I don't see her as especially affiliated with machines, or the idea that to be somebody respected and influential you have to be a businessman. That was not always a given; before the industrial revolution, merchants were lowly people.

I can see her as a Richard Branson type, but whether she can succeed on that scale without her forte (Equestrian magical studies) is up in the air.

Applejack:

- She could run the family farm and participate in her family's business of selling products made from her farm's apples.

Fluttershy:

- She could be a veterinarian or a zookeeper. Anything that involves helping animals is a potential dream for her future.

Especially given her powers - and don't forget naturalist!

Pinkie Pie:

- She could be a party entertainer where she could make various parties of all kinds under a reasonable price.
- Or she could be a baker or a celebrity patisserie. Anything that involves making scrumptious sweets is also a potential dream for her future.

All possible - really almost anything is plausible for her. Like a TV show of her own - I even recall one fic where she became a cop!

Rarity

- She could continue operating her own boutique where she could sell many clothes of her own design.
- Or she could be a fashion designer where she could make fabulous clothes to many people and become popular. Specifically, anything regarding fashion is a potential dream for her future.

Rainbow Dash
- She could also become a famous athlete or a humble coach teaching kids at school on how to do sports. Specifically, anything regarding sports is a possible dream for her future.

Twilight Sparkle (Sci-Twi)

- She could become a scientist or an engineer. Specifically, anything regarding science and math of all levels is a potential dream for her future.

As for Sunset... if the two worlds open up official relations, she'll be the local Friendship Ambassador. If not. there are a few possibilities, but I favour CHS Principal. An artistic job might be good if she wants fewer background checks...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11