The Accusation Fic Collection 1,053 members · 2,026 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I don't know about everyone, but with all the recent story additions to this group, at least 75% of them are spun off from A Canterlot Wedding, and after almost eight years, I'm kinda getting tired of it.

Now I'm not about to start defending this one, it's far from my favourite list, but I can't help but think people exaggerate how bad they think it is (it was the only episode in the series to have it's own subfolder in this group for years before more were finally added).

They focus solely on how the others reacted to Twilight, and seem to completely ignore Twilight's weird behaviour throughout the whole finale. Basically, they say Twilight's actions were 100% in the right and that's that. Completely disregarding her attitude throughout, as well as her explanation, lack of proof and choice of words at the rehearsal:

"Because you're evil!"

Seriously? How come no one called BS on that?

My point is, most of the additions I've been seeing are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for fresh material on alternate scenarios for this episode, since most of them have already been done (some more than twice). So I think it might be time to let A Canterlot Wedding die and focus on some other controversial and/or less than stellar episodes that left bad tastes in people's mouths. Ones that don't get enough attention I think because of A Canterlot Wedding.

Examples that I dislike for one reason or all of them:
- Ponyville Confidential
- One Bad Apple
- Rainbow Falls
- Rarity Investigates!
- Newbie Dash
- Marks for Effort

I'm not trying to be a detractor here, but rather the opposite; encouraging people with goods ideas to share them with everyone.

Someone finally said it, I mean I hate the episode as much as anybody but JEEZ guys, there's worse episodes to write about than this!

Why not 28 Pranks Later or Non-Compete Clause, for that matter?

I suspect Wedding gets a lot of flack because of the Anon-a-Miss comparisons.

It was the story that started the group and it was before Equestria girls was even a thing

Because those episodes I feel get plenty of attention already.

Ponyville Confidential should be receiving much more attention than that episode. Especially with stories that involve more than the CMC running away.

True, but right now that's the only scenario people have gone with, and even then there's not a lot of them to choose from.

I'd personally like to see the CMC simply isolating themselves and become more cold and resentful to their friends and family, with the others slowly becoming guilt ridden due to their actions against them.

I don't think they're saying Twilight was 100% right, they're just saying that the methods everyone used were unreasonable. And don't forget that Shining didn't even tell Twilight about the wedding, and used her closeness with Cadance to get a hot wife. Yeah, Shining wasn't exactly the best person in his debut.

I’m surprised Marks for Effort still only has... two? Three? Four accusation fics? I dunno.

This might sound a bit too left field, but Too Many Pinkie Pies could also be a good candidate for an accusation fic. One story could have Pinkie calling her friends out for just assuming that she will drop everything to hang out with them individually and having the bonding session timings too close to each other.

On the other hand, a separate fic can be written where her friends call her out for promising to hang out with all of them at different locations at the SAME BLOODY TIME. I'm 100% sure that after promising to hang out with one of them and telling the rest of the girls that she is occupied, they would understand completely.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

While I'm not defending the townsfolk, their reactions were at least somewhat Justified when you remember that the CMC never told anyone that they were being blackmailed, nor did they bother at the very least trying to apologize until later. The scenes with them getting shunned by the town are the result of them asking for more stories... despite everyone already knowing that it's them providing the material for said stories (and according to the paper, taking certain things out of context), as far as the townsfolk were concerned, the CMC were just asking for more dirt on them.

Also we're not going to talk about how creepy it is that Featherweight was spying on a bunch of girls in the spa while taking their pictures?

I don't know what 'HISHE' means, but I still find Canterlot Wedding fics a guilty pleasure, although... yeah, a lot of them go way too far.
I'm surprised I don't see more fics dealing with Cadence and Shining Armor.
Hell, I've even seen characters in fics (even Cadence herself) say that Twilight is the real victim who suffered, when Cadence was the one who was abducted and impersonated, girl's gotta have at least a little trauma from that.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

HISHE stands for "How It Should Have Ended".

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17