World War Bronies 734 members · 129 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26

WW2 was once the genre all games shot for doing before the plague of the modern warfare genre took control of the market. Now I ask: Do you have any favorites from that era in gaming?

Call of duty 3: my first FPS and I still play it to this day

Red Orchestra 2: I've only played a few times and I enjoyed it: it was challenging

And lastly Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders

I have this on my IPhone and it is addicting as cocaine :pinkiecrazy:

Add War Thunder and CoD 2 to the list.

Battlestations: Pacific.

You can control the Yamato. That alone is badass.

Red Orchestra 2 and Call of Duty 3.

Eagle
Group Admin

I love almost any WW2 game. I'm sure everyone will post the more known ones, so i'll point out some of the lesser knowns-

I loved European Assault....especially the Russian levels:pinkiehappy:

Call of Duty 3, because it had smaller factions (like Canada :pinkiehappy: ) in addition to the larger, well-known ones.

Eagle
Group Admin

Climbing Mamayev Hill was so tough for me, but fun all the same.

Poodicus
Group Admin

Company of Heroes 1 and 2, CoD: WaW, MoH: Airborne (Great concept, poorly executed I think.), Iron Heart series, Brothers in Arms series, Day of Defeat: Source, Civilization 5 with WW2 mods.

Edit: Would Fallout 3 with World War 2 uniforms and MG42 mod count as a WW2 game? I could become the Nazi Sturm Elite from MoH: Airborne!

Battlestations: Pacific for me (Who here has played that game and spammed ohka's? SOOOOOOOO overpowered!)

So many of them.
All of the MoH games up to Airborne.
The first three CoD games
A little gem called Blitzkrieg from Nival Interactive
Jane's Attack Squadron
Axis and Allies (2004)

Love how no one said CoH, first one mind you. How about Brothers in Arms?

I am disappointed in you guys.

I like Brothers in Arms: Hard as Hell when I was a kid but enjoyable:twilightsmile:

(YES! I REMEMBER THAT, I ONLY GOT THE GAME A FEW MONTHS AGO BUT THAT IS SO BADASS!)

Ever heard of Panzer Commander or Panzer General? How about Combat Flight Simulator 3?

1866275 Combat flight sim 3...Sooo much fun! Too bad mine broke :fluttercry:

I love 1v1 dogfighting in that.

I was playing it not too long ago, the campaign mode is soo much fun and long as hell!

Did I mention CoH?

(Best video ever BTW!)

Panzershrek! Time to un-pimp his ride!!
Laughed my head off on that one!:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

Poodicus
Group Admin

Love how no one said CoH, first one mind you. How about Brothers in Arms?

Um...

Company of Heroes 1 and 2, CoD: WaW, MoH: Airborne (Great concept, poorly executed I think.), Iron Heart series, Brothers in Arms series, Day of Defeat: Source, Civilization 5 with WW2 mods.

Not trying to be a dick, just sayin'.:pinkiehappy:

Bah, your hidden words in your list. Screw them all I say! :flutterrage:

And that is when skim reading bends me over a table. Happens too often... starting to enjoy being bent over the table :rainbowwild::rainbowlaugh:

Mine probably: CoD 3, Cod:WaW, MoH:EA and Moh airbourne.
That's all I ever played, lol :rainbowlaugh:

Video games? Feh. Hex-based war games, now...

Wasn't a great game, but it was my first of many love affairs with alternate history. Also, the most bitchin'ly evil box art ever made.

For me its Axis and Allies RTS, battlefield 1942, and COD WaW.

Snipe Elite. The original one

Sorry for the 3 week necro but..

Day of Defeat Source. Best WW2 fps ever.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26