Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 68 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 68
Skywriter
Group Admin

Well, since no Pony conventions have seen fit to invite Veena Sood (Miss Harshwhinny's VA, for those of you just joining us) as a GOH, I think it's high time that we start our own Pony convention, focused around Best Pony Miss Harshwhinny. Now I've never run a convention before, but I have some friends out in Las Vegas who recently put one together (I presume it went well, as I haven't heard anything negative in the news about it, and you know how Pony fans love drama!) and I have some of their preliminary organizational notes to use as a guide to put things together.

I'm shooting for holding it, eh, end of April, maybe early May, which should give me enough time to get things organized. A con can't be that hard to put together, right? Not with all the people who're doing their own cons. Nevertheless, I could probably use some insider information on getting a con running. Anyone have any advice for me?

Skywriter
Group Admin

You know something I'd like to see that no con has done before? Badges made out of raw flank steak.

Skywriter
Group Admin

What about a petting zoo?

Skywriter
Group Admin

I'm not sure you'd have time for the rabies test results to come back.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I don't think that we absolutely need to screen absolutely every animal in our petting zoo for rabies.

Skywriter
Group Admin

876362, 876353
Okay, this is good information. We can have mandatory flank steak badges in the close presence of possibly-rabid animals which we will encourage the guests to touch. I bet this'll be even better than Unicon.

Y U NO host in Indiana!

Because Indiana is BORING!

horizon
Group Contributor

The end of April?! How are we supposed to wait that long? Can't you move it up to this weekend?

Listen, I'm all for spreading the Harshwhinny love internationally, but don't you think the first con should be in the US of A? Plus, I'm hella burned out on saag paneer.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Conventions take time to organize. If you want one sooner, go ahead and organize your own con.

horizon
Group Contributor

I've got some serious concerns about attendance. I remember trying to get a badge for Everfree NW last year, but they'd filled the venue and I couldn't go.

So, 876351: Seeing as how there are currently multiple copies of lowercase-horizon and SweetAI Belle and Miss HarshwhinnAI discussing time shenanigans in the next thread over, what can you do to ensure a maximum of one (1) copy of each attendee? I'm going to be super pissed if horizon buys all the tickets.

Skywriter
Group Admin

You forget that Veena Sood is an actress of Indianian descent. I think it makes perfect sense to hold it in Indiana. Lots of nice curry places.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I just watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" and I think Indiana is too full of elderly British character actors to be a good con venue.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I'm going to ask everyone very nicely. It worked very well when John de Lancie nicely asked people not to put the Brony documentary up on YouTube, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this.

horizon
Group Contributor

876491 876475
thats silly why would i buy all the tickets i would just need one for me we could all share my badge

horizon
Group Contributor

I understand that one important part of conventions is the dealer's room. You should give everyone super awesome Harshcon Dollars to spend there, so that more people buy things. Maybe you could make those out of flank steak too.

horizon
Group Contributor

876520 876370 876458
YOU CAN'T USE STEAK IN INDIANA. IT'S OFFENSIVE TO THEIR RELIGION.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, hamburger, then.

Skywriter
Group Admin

You just don't get it, do you? Indianians can't eat flank steak, or hamburger. Their religion strictly prohibits anything but brisket.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Is that why they hate cowboys?

horizon
Group Contributor

I don't think the foreigner understood you. Let me try.

Lis-ten, I'm all for spread-ding the Harsh-whin-ny love inter-na-tion-a-lly, but do-n't you think the first con shood be in the U. S. of A.? Plus, I'm hell-a burn-ed out on sage pah-nair.

Skywriter
Group Admin

In Indiana, yes. They invented curry. When the British colonized Indiana, they imported a lot of good Indianan cuisine, so you'll find good curry in the U.K. as well as Indiana. Probably the best place for Curry if you don't want to go all the way to the Middle East.

Skywriter
Group Admin

"Middle East"? I think they call it the "Midwest".

Pony conventions should so totally have petting zoos. I want to kiss all the ponies and pet the tiny ewes.

I mean pet all the ponies. I don't know how that other word got in there.

By the way, I spent a summer teaching English to impoverished children in Indiana. The curry really is freakin' amazing, but I especially had a taste for the tandoori chicken. I agree with 876522 that regular steak is right out, but if we went with pony flank steak instead of cow flank steak, that might be okay, and it would be more relevant to the con.

Pony rides.
Pony rides, goddammit.
I don't care if they do poop everywhere, the fact that no pony convention has featured actual pony rides is a travesty.

But ponies do poop everywhere.

You're right, never mind.
No pony rides.

As a native Indianian, I am well aware of my culture's culinary achievements. I make a MEAN corn and soy bean curry myself even. :ajsmug: I was simply offering.

Get down off your high horse. Just because this is the internet doesn't mean you have to lie.

Sorry for Blue, he couldn't make a curry if all it took was to simply mix some powder with water. He can't even make instant pudding! :facehoof:

Just because you can't tell the difference between fine cuisine and common fare, doesn't mean YOU have to accuse me of lying. :twilightangry2:

Skywriter
Group Admin

Petting zoo is a great idea. Can we get the ponies in the petting zoo to all wear turtleneck sweaters and blazers so they all look like Miss Harshwhinny?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Pony rides too, same accoutrements.

Skywriter
Group Admin

So we're supposed to ride... on top of... ponies... dressed like Miss Harshwhinny.

I'll be in my bunk.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Well, I mean, we ourselves might be too big for a proper pony ride. But we can put our kids on them.

Skywriter
Group Admin

NO NO STOP WRONG WRONG WRONG

Skywriter
Group Admin

What does pony even taste like? I haven't tried hamburger purchased at a Tesco yet.

Skywriter
Group Admin

STOP IT GUYS

I DON'T WANT TO EAT PONY OR RIDE PONY OR PUT MY CHILDREN ON A PONY

I just want to watch them from a distance from a second floor observation window partially obscured by a curtain.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Okay, we'll have to select a venue with a second-floor observation window.

Skywriter
Group Admin

Wait, you haven't selected a venue yet?

And for that matter, what are the actual dates of the convention?

Skywriter
Group Admin

I prefer to keep my date-planning "organic". I think it's too restricting to actually nail down an actual date. What if some people can't make it on that specific date? It's awfully presumptuous of me to not consider their needs.

horizon
Group Contributor

Adults are too big for pony rides, but alicorns are much bigger, so alicorn rides should be fine. Have you considered delaying the con until season 4 so we have more alicorns to ride?

Depending on how soon the con is, and what point in the timeline my accident happens, I may be a brain floating in a jar at the time of this con. Will you have facilities for bodily-challenged guests?

Skywriter
Group Admin

I think we need to strike while the iron is hot, even if this means risking chipping a tooth on unthawed pudding. So no. It's now or never. For certain undefined values of "now".

I don't plan on catering to freaks of nature, no.

Alright, me and my two ai's won't plan on attending, then. And I'd assume that means no talking dinosaurs, either.

Just as well. It's starting to sound like a rather boring convention.

878314, 878311, 878318, 879744, 879877
Seriously, you guys, there are ponies big enough for adults to ride. You might be getting them mixed up with miniature horses, which are so totally not the same thing.

It's a travesty that past Brony conventions have had no petting zoos or pony rides. I mean, are we zoophilic horse-fetishists or aren't we? I'm sick of this "I'm only attracted to horses on TV" crap. It's time to get serious.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Don't worry, you'll be welcome at HarshFutureCon. Date and place are to be determined, but since all attendance will be by space-time transporter technology, that won't matter.

Freaks of nature, dinosaurs, disembodied intelligences, ponies, beings from alternate dimensions and timelines, and fictional characters all explicitly welcome. Group discounts available for multiple versions of the same being.

We've already lined up at least three Miss Harshwhinny's for the event, as well as guests from several other fictional universes, including Oz and Alice In Wonderland.

"Black Hats" not welcome. Not to be confused with beings wearing hats that are black.

--future, future Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 68