Interspecies Romance 647 members · 683 stories
Comments ( 59 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 59
Robipony
Group Admin

7404171 I mean, I don't see anything wrong with that. If someone wants to create that kind of group, that is their decision.

I made no statement nor implication that such should be prohibited. I'm saying the concept is stupid.

Robipony
Group Admin

7404193 Well, there's nothing saying you can't create your own Interspecies that allows it. :raritywink:

I made no such statement that there was, but such a statement is as asinine as telling someone who doesn't like a movie to "Go make your own movie."

No retort, just a dislike? I'm almost flattered.

Robipony
Group Admin

7404211 The fact is that it doesn't make a difference, the admin has made his decision and so unless you or someone else wants to create a new group, there's really nothing that can be done about it.

There's no point in complaining about it (especially since I honestly don't care either way. Follow groups rules, fine. Go create a new group with your own rules, that's fine too). I only downvoted because you rubbed me the wrong way. :trixieshiftright:

Be a problem solver not a complainer. :derpytongue2:

You rub me the wrong way by implying (twice now) that it is easy to amass a group following, let alone on a niche platform. So.

There's nothing about problem-solving here. It's not my problem to solve; it's my preference to be open about.

Ice Star
Group Admin

How is it stupid? The group is called interspecies romance. It isn't lying to anyone by having a vague group title and the rules are listed plainly on the page. There's even a little blurb further describing story guidelines. If the group was called 'Interspecies Stories' you could say that it was inconsiderate to give it such a broad name when 'stories' can include NSFW content. But romance content isn't inherently NSFW.

Sex and romance are not mutually exclusive; that's why it's stupid. And I didn't say romance is inherently nsfw. Don't put words in my mouth, buck.

Ice Star
Group Admin

No one put words in your mouth or said that romance and sex were mutually exclusive. I'm asking you why you thought that when the group doesn't make any attempt to masquerade as allowing NSFW content. Unless you think an admin treated a story of yours unfairly, why are you so upset?

"no one put words in your mouth"
You did.
"or said that romance and sex were mutually exclusive"
The group's rules inherently imply otherwise.

I'm upset because it's stupid. It's illogical. It makes no sense whatsoever. I am allowed to think such; do not patronize me and tell me I need to have a personal stake in a debate to comment on something ridiculous.

Ice Star
Group Admin

You did.

Asking you why you are mad doesn't do that, no.

The group's rules inherently imply otherwise.

There are numerous romance story groups on the site that only accept SFW stories. Nowhere does it say that romance is non-sexual, just that stories that depict overtly sexual content are not permitted. If you want to find similar groups that are NSFW exclusive or accept both, I'm sure that you can find them. But there isn't anything in the group's description that actually says there is no sex in romance, and there is nothing wrong or foolish with wanting to have groups that focus only on content within certain age-rating groups.

I'm upset because it's stupid. It's illogical. It makes no sense whatsoever. I am allowed to think such; do not patronize me and tell me I need to have a personal stake in a debate to comment on something ridiculous.

Yes, you are allowed to have petty and irrational anger because someone decided to form a group that doesn't permit certain content. This isn't any different than finding an E-Rated Only story group that details that it only accepts E-Rated stories and then submitting a graphic horror story and getting mad it wasn't accepted. You really have no one to be mad at but yourself. Especially considering you didn't try and PM an admin about why there might be merit behind changing the rule. I'm deeply sorry, but you don't get any stickers for being immature and rude to other people for as little reason as you're projecting onto the group's clear-cut rules.

You said, "But romance content isn't inherently NSFW."
THAT is putting words in my mouth. It is dismissing a point I never made.

Specifying age-groupings, and specifying removing only one particular subject matter of adult content, is not the same thing. Nice false equivalency though.

Yes, it is completely different, and if you disagree, you are objectively WRONG.
I don't want stickers from someone who thinks they are something that doesn't exist, sorry not sorry. Also, I would sooner make my grievances a public matter than a private matter. You are inherently suggesting that admins don't see forum posts. If they don't, it's because they are not involved in the community they moderate. Too bad, so sad.

Also, you don't know what projection is.

I made no statement nor implication that such should be prohibited. I'm saying the concept (romance without sex) is stupid.

I am asexual. I don't want or need sex. But I have three spouses, I am part of a polyamory. It has lasted forty years overall.

No sex.

But lots and lots and lots of romance! Cuddles. Snuggling naked in beds. Sharing baths, playing with bath toys and laughing. Going on spontaneous dates. Playing board and video games together. Sharing favorite foods. Kissing for minutes to hours. Back massage and hugs and foot rubs and many giggles and happy sighs. Spontaneous romantic presents. Elaborate birthday parties. Anniversary celebrations. Doing everything together, always.[/i

Making such a group as an 'interspecies romance group and thinking sex should be prohibited' is not stupid at all - anymore than living a complex, deep and romantic relationship for a lifetime without sex is stupid. In fact, it is wonderful and practical: no kids, no jealousy, no competitiveness, no raging hormones, no drama. Just peace and romance and love and commitment. And it is wonderful.

I see other polyamories fall apart over these things, I see dull and ordinary nuclear families destroyed by sexual issues. I think their way of existing is stupid, because they end up cheating, fighting, hurting each other and ultimately divorcing. That is a failure state by any definition.

I will be with my spouses for the rest of my life. I have been with them for the past forty years. My family is so peaceful and mutually respectful and kind that many visitors have told us they wished they could be a part of it, or wished they had ever have even known such a thing.

If sexless romance is stupid, then stupid is the smartest thing in all of the world.

You should be careful what you insult - it may be that you merely lack any true understanding of what is possible, or what actually happens, in our very complex and diverse world.

It's my birthday today. I am sixty one. And I have lived an extraordinary life of joy and wonders. To lack a sex drive is not to be without passion, and it is definitely not to be without romance. I know I live a vastly more romantic life than any ordinary, sex-based relationship I have ever seen. Today, every member of my family devoted themselves to making my birthday as special and wonderful as possible. I feel utterly, completely loved, needed, and desired - not sexually desired, but emotionally, personally desired. And that has been my experience for my last forty birthdays, each better than the last. And anniversaries. And just for the hell of it special times!

Grow larger. Encompass more.

I'm saying the concept (romance without sex) is stupid.

I didn't say this. Blow me; I'm not reading your novel.

I didn't say this. Blow me; I'm not reading your novel.

The title of this discussion is "Imagine making a group for interspecies romance and sex is prohibited". You typed that.

When questioned about whether you meant such a thing should not be allowed, you answered:
"I made no statement nor implication that such should be prohibited. I'm saying the concept is stupid."

If we take out the statement about the question, we get this verbal equation using only your own words:
"Imagine making a group for interspecies romance and sex is prohibited. I'm saying the concept is stupid."
Those are your words. Your own words. You can't say you didn't say them, they are right there. They are above this post, on this page, under your name.

I do not understand where your anger comes from. You made a statement that exists.
You got a response based on the words you chose.

Maybe you did not intend the meaning of those words, but it is the only logical interpretation of your words.

Either you meant what you said, or you said things in such a confused manner that your meaning was changed and lost. If so, please clarify.

But, you must understand, the only thing anyone has to work with are the words you wrote.
Denying that you wrote them, when they are right on this very page just above your denial is... well, it makes little sense.

You said that I said something I never said. I didn't say the concept of such a story is stupid. I said the concept of such a GROUP is stupid.
Seeing as you double-downed, I am going to readily assume you already knew this. But there it is anyway, for posterity. Now stop putting words in the mouths of people you dislike, dick.

Ice Star
Group Admin

THAT is putting words in my mouth. It is dismissing a point I never made.

You can't make a decently thought out point because you just drop into the group and post bait, pat yourself on the back and proceed to smell your own farts every time someone points out you make no sense is another matter together entirely. But that's what you do.

Specifying age-groupings, and specifying removing only one particular subject matter of adult content, is not the same thing. Nice false equivalency though.

You don't seem to understand that this is common for many fimfiction groups that aren't geared towards ratings alone. Many groups centered around fluff won't allow NSFW content. 'No sexual content' isn't some kind of elaborate trick of a rule that is impossible to obey. You're just incredibly whiny over... nothing, really. How has this group wronged you in any way? This group has existed since 2013 and has made itself clear in not allowing incredibly sexual content, which they have every right and reason to remove if they wish. The very description says: "The focus is not on the sexual differences, but cultural and biological differences, and the struggle to overcome them. For example, a story of love between a pony and a changeling, and the issue of love-as-food. It's ok if there isn't much of a struggle, just so long as the characters are of a different species."
The group's focus could not be any clearer. including more overtly sexual content does not benefit the group. A variety of other groups can surely be found if you need to submit an interspecies NSFW fic somewhere. There is no false equivalency in providing examples of similar conduct that parallels your behavior because I only ever said it was comparable. You really come across as the kind of person who trowels Youtube political commentary and semi-regurgitated wiki articles about how logical fallacies work, and it's really painfully dumb.

Yes, it is completely different, and if you disagree, you are objectively WRONG.

...Yeah, I'm really starting to think you learned to think that people pointing out you make no sense is equal to being locked in a 'debate' you can attempt to use a poor understanding of logical fallacies on. Why are you so quickly angered by something that you had to go out of your way to be angry at? At this point, I might as well just break out the reaction image memes and blatantly laugh at you because you sure are no fun.

I don't want stickers from someone who thinks they are something that doesn't exist, sorry not sorry. Also, I would sooner make my grievances a public matter than a private matter. You are inherently suggesting that admins don't see forum posts. If they don't, it's because they are not involved in the community they moderate. Too bad, so sad.

One admin is retired. The other appears to log in weekly. Forum notifications disappear more quickly and are less highly prioritized. A PM is direct and doesn't eventually fade like feed notifications and the little comment bell, cause those will mark themselves read after a time. You aren't making anything as proper as grievance public, you're shitting on the floor and screeching at other people to pick it up for you. If you want to make a significant group change, you should politely leave a message to discuss it directly with the people in charge of running the group.

Also, you don't know what projection is.

There is no basis for what you're insinuating in other people's posts. The things you're saying other people are in here more closely matches how you behave than anything else. So, yes, you're clearly projecting. I'm sorry you feel the need to let everyone know your temper is bigger than your dick. The thing is, nobody asked and I'm sure you have so many things that are better to do with your time.

Happy Birthday!

You said that I said something I never said. I didn't say the concept of such a story is stupid. I said the concept of such a GROUP is stupid.

I wrote exactly this - go back and check!

If we take out the statement about the question, we get this verbal equation using only your own words:
"Imagine making a group for interspecies romance and sex is prohibited. I'm saying the concept is stupid."

I was only ever referencing the same thing you were - a group - because I used your own words. I never mentioned a 'story' at all.

Are you incapable of comprehending the words you read, or do you skim, without actually reading? You are nonsensical. I am done with you.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! you are most kind!

Ice Star
Group Admin

It's funny 'cause there is a sister group linked in the description that comes mere sentences after the part about the no NSFW rules. And that second group allows NSFW content.

Who would have guessed that the admins thought of alternatives to make things cool for people who want different kinds of content?

Not reading past your first paragraph. Remember: your sexuality isn't real, and it's mean to put words in peoples' mouths :)

No you weren't. You said that I said, and I quote, that the concept I was speaking of was simply "romance without sex" when that is not what I said and not what I believe. But, bye, since you're done with me. Pluses for me.

Nice circle-jerking btw. :^)

Ice Star
Group Admin

Not reading past your first paragraph.

Thanks for admitting you can't read.

Remember: your sexuality isn't real, and it's mean to put words in peoples' mouths :)

Lmao, I like the part where my sexual orientation wasn't ever mentioned by anyone except for you even though what I am has no fuckin' relevance to you being a dumbass. Why did you want to stop being the star of the thread?

You're this star, btw.

Thanks for admitting you can't read.

Siri, what is "false equivalency"?

like the part where my sexual orientation wasn't ever mentioned by anyone except for you

Well, mental disorders of your kind, I think, should generally disqualify any such person from being considered rational when they embrace such as part of their personality, heh heh.
Nice job ignoring the second part of the quoted sentence btw.

You're this star

I mean, yeah. I am that star, since I'm able to tell you that what the star says is voicing my exact thoughts on your trash-tier posts. :^)

Ice Star
Group Admin

Siri, what is "false equivalency"?

Damn, imagine not knowing how sarcasm works.

Well, mental disorders of your kind, I think, should generally disqualify any such person from being considered rational when they embrace such as part of their personality, heh heh.

Bro, first you decide on expressing bizarre interest in what my sexual orientation could be and now you want to know if I have a mental disorder? Pick one and stick with it. The only one who brought up their sexual orientation and how it impacts their views and personality is Chatoyance. Good for her, that's none of my business. You're literally replying to the wrong person if you want to discuss that.

What exactly are you trying to get at here, except guess if I've got any funky shit in my medicine cabinet?

I mean, yeah. I am that star, since I'm able to tell you that what the star says is voicing my exact thoughts on your trash-tier posts. :^)

This was weaker than the flavor of white bread. Like, c'mon, man can you actually try? Please? I'm honestly asking at this point because you're just the whole fucking circus on your own right now. There are twenty-six letters used in the English language, and out of all of them, you've chosen to take the L.

I don't think you know what sarcasm is, but go on.

One and the same, bro. Thought I made that clear. And no, your speculation isn't what I'm getting at.

You want me to try after you post a shitpost image you probably found on 4chan or Reddit? Pot, Kettle.
Spamming memes isn't any better a comeback than that eyesore of a picture you posted.

Ice Star
Group Admin

One and the same, bro. Thought I made that clear. And no, your speculation isn't what I'm getting at.

Damn, if sexual orientation is now considered a mental illness, you've got your own foot in the fucked-up club too.

You want me to try after you post a shitpost image you probably found on 4chan or Reddit? Pot, Kettle.
Spamming memes isn't any better a comeback than that eyesore of a picture you posted.

I said like three posts ago that I was going to bust out the reaction images if you bored me enough. At least try and be fun here. You've got the rhetorical capacity of a fucking wet sock, at best.

Not what I said, and clearly not what I implied, but go on.

So sorry. Your vitriol probably dissuaded me from reading that part. Whoopsie-doodle!
Genius/Near-genius IQ and high-tier test scores by the way, since you feel like dragging intellect into the convo.

Ice Star
Group Admin

Not what I said, and clearly not what I implied, but go on.

Clearly, you haven't heard the saying that writers who use subtext are cowards. Why don't you tell me what you mean? C'mon, what's with your obsession here?

So sorry. Your vitriol probably dissuaded me from reading that part. Whoopsie-doodle!
Genius/Near-genius IQ and high-tier test scores by the way, since you feel like dragging intellect into the convo.

I don't know man, why don't you just block me and go back to gargling horseradish? You're the OP, you should know what to do with your own threads.

The implication should be clear, but I'll spoonfeed you. "If you don't have sexual inclinations, there is something wrong with your brain and you should help yourself."

Doesn't have anything to do with what I just said, but go on. I already have blocked you, by the way. Something I tend to do when people senselessly throw vitriol. Get over the fact that I don't share your opinion.

Ice Star
Group Admin

"If you don't have sexual inclinations, there is something wrong with your brain and you should help yourself."

I had no idea that you were a qualified doctor, and one able to make medically inaccurate claims too.

I already have blocked you, by the way. Something I tend to do when people senselessly throw vitriol.

Lol where? Why waste your time?

Get over the fact that I don't share your opinion.

You've been handheld through the thread multiple times and show that you make incredibly inconsistent statements, deliberately pick fights, and are unable to assess possible alternatives to your problems. You also don't know how to accurately explain multiple logical fallacies and repeatedly double-down on a point that is as broken as backing over a china plate with a semi-truck. Being able to evaluate your conduct isn't something rooted in opinion, but the weird amount of time you decided was worth trying to figure out what my sexual orientation was speaks more about some obsessive tendencies you have to random people. That's just creepy and I'm not sure what your deal is there. If you really had any capacity to evaluate situations and maturely solve your problems, you would do them 1:1 with the people you have an issue with. Instead, you just further that you're immature and, well, a creep for the effort you put into making those kinds of remarks about people.

I'm not reading that third paragraph.

Didn't say I was a doctor. I don't need to be one to know that it's not normal to not have sexual urges.

Where what? Where's the vitriol? Maybe starting at the part where you said my anger was irrational when there was perfectly sound logic behind my words. That's a start. And why waste my time? Why waste YOUR time? What, is it the last word you're after? Do tell.

Ice Star
Group Admin

I don't need to be one to know that it's not normal to not have sexual urges.

Except it's also perfectly normal for some people not to. If you knew anything about my medical history or the basic research into sexual orientations, you'd know that. Instead, you make completely ignorant and uninformed claims that other random internet strangers are ill and pout about how you can't read a paragraph. If you really would like sources, I certainly wouldn't mind breaking some out.

Maybe starting at the part where you said my anger was irrational when there was perfectly sound logic behind my words.

That would be great, if you had any 'perfectly sound logic' in any of your posts.

Why waste YOUR time? What, is it the last word you're after? Do tell.

This is just cheap amusement for me between chill hanging out. There's no last word to aim for. As I said, you've established yourself to be petty and into picking illogical fights. If you had any reason to want legitimate change with the group or conduct yourself with people in a way that resolves conflicts, you would do just that. But you don't.

Nope

I do

Why would you assume it's not likewise for me? Quite presumptuous of you.
The solution to my problem is presented by the issue itself. Tf you on rn bro?

Ice Star
Group Admin

Nothing quite as strong as you are, apparently.

Whoopsie-doodle!

Hello, 1900s called, they want you to fucking move on and learn to use the English language, you fucking spastic. Your story from 2017 that I reviewed is still shit btw, and I hope someday you will learn some manners, but that may be a hope that will never happen. Your behavior is detestable. You deserve to be cyberbullied for being a transphobe/bigot, and for being an absolute moron for not knowing how to read. Get the fuck off this site.

This you?

I'm bi and am a fan of multiple lgbt figures.
Go jump off a bridge, you pathetic identitarian. You probably make life absolutely miserable for everyone around you without even realizing it. Learn that not everyone who disagrees with you on something is a bigot or has whatever phobia's name you can use to easily dismiss anything they have to say.

Nice teaming, by the way. It's kinda endearing to know I offended someone so much with an opinion they don't even dare to engage with intellectually.

Wow, and yet you don't understand that Ice Star is trans and not asexual you fucking sperg. The one who said that was Chatoyance. If only you took a few seconds to fucking read, you would know this.

And no, you are a bigot with how you treated Ice and Chatoyance. Don't even start with me. Saying someone's sexuality or identity is not real is bigoted. How would you like it if I told you that bisexuality isn't real? Your sexuality doesn't matter to me at this point, because you can't even respect another person's sexuality without getting all uppity about it. Get your head out of your own ass so you can come back to reality.

Lastly, you don't get to say 'teaming' when you're trying to ego the entire group because you, for some reason, have to have it your way. Please fuck off with that logic. If you can't take the heat, then don't come into the kitchen with your shitty opinions. Whine to someone else who cares, which is apparently only you, even those it's clearly stated in the group description that there's an NSFW group for interspecies pairings just for your dumbass to look through.

Hi, I just want to remind you that you posted this. I don't have any clever roast because the burning you gave yourself is enough to make Satan wince.

I don't care what Ice Star is, since I didn't ask. I didn't ask since it wasn't relevant to anything, since I was never talking to him/her.

No, that's not bigotry. I don't need to read someone's life story to dismiss them for putting words in my mouth, and I don't need to buy into fake science either. You're free to say bisexuality doesn't exist; I'll just disagree with you as I have with my parents and other like-minded people as them.

"ego the entire group"? I'm not sure you know how to English. But anyway, yes I can, and I have, and I will.
"shitty opinions" The irony is overwhelming. Do yourself a favor and look at the image you sent, hypocrite.

"If you don't have sexual inclinations, there is something wrong with your brain and you should help yourself."

The funniest part of this is that them not having sex is a choice, but for you it's a life-time reality.

Who said anything about the act of having sex? Not me.

Also, nice targetted harassment. Back at 'cha.

Not me.

Thank God, the gene pool is saved

You say life-time reality as if he had a chance of getting laid even if he was immortal.

Your trolling isn't worth my time. Go jump into an icy river if you don't have an argument.

Yet it was worth your time to downvote all of my stories you troglodyte lmao

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 59