Princest 1,687 members · 737 stories
Comments ( 147 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 147

Link to fic goes here

Welcome all ye faithful to the thread for Lunestia Prompt Collab. Whose rules I just stole from the AppleDash Collab:trollestia:

Rules are as follows:

Someone starts off by posting a 100-2000 word mini-fic about Celestia and Luna. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-2000 word Lunestia mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:

* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-999 words of fiction about Celestia and Luna and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.

* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.

* Your claim is valid for twenty-four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After twenty-four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.

* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.

* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

So thats the rules! I welcome any and all to get to writing. Note, that if you feel strongly about it, I'll see about making a separate story collab for the mature fics. Now get to writing, we need a thousand words to get us up and running properly.

First prompt is: First

Oh ma gawd, I'm so funny! :trollestia: Tell your friends about me.

would like to write a 100-2000 word Twisalis mini-fic

Missed something there.

3563657 :twilightblush:

I think I may have a problem.:trixieshiftleft:

Prompt List:

First

Daylight

Garden

I did one for Garden. Should I wait until First has been posted, though?

No! Give me Princest! Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!:raritycry:

Prompt: Garden.

Is it that time already?
Luna pulled herself unwillingly out of bed, allowing the light from her sister's sun to warm her sapphire coat; a yawn escaped her muzzle, and her protesting joints demanded that she stretch them or suffer their wrath. One short session of prolongation complete, she looked out of the window to see a perfect azure sky. A sight that she hadn't been able to gaze upon for the best part of a thousand years. It really was the little things: a comfortable bed, the sky, the companionship of other ponies … her sister's love.
Igniting her horn, Luna drew a brush to her hoof and began to sort out the unruly tangle that was her mane. Some childish part of her wanted to look her best, even though it was unlikely Celestia would care about her appearance one way or the other. Her sister always looked so naturally graceful and at-ease, and it was something that Luna envied.
No.
Jealousy had cost her once. Never again.
“Are you up yet?” Her sister's lilting voice carried even through the heavy oak doors. Maybe it was some quirk of the acoustics? Maybe she was projecting it magically? It hardly mattered. It was the sweetest sound in existence, as far as the Moon Princess was concerned and she would gladly listen to it any time of the day or night.
With one last look in the mirror, Luna decided that she was as ready as she ever could be. Day one. “I'm coming.”
It had been something of a whirlwind; one minute, Nightmare Moon had been cackling something about eternal night. The next, Princess Luna, her mind purged of its ill intent, had been sobbing on the ground, begging for forgiveness. She'd kept to herself from then on; spending much of her time in study, catching-up on a thousand years of Equestrian history and advancement. Celestia had given her space, and Luna appreciated that. Their bond had been stretched, but it had not broken.
Suppressing an irritated sigh at how perfect the Sun Princess couldn't help but look, Luna followed her out into the cloisters adjacent to the royal gardens. Spring was in full-bloom, and a plethora of flowers sprouted from their beds. Some, the Moon Princess was able to recognise; others were new to her, either imported from lands that had been discovered during her absence or new hybrids created by clever horticulturists.
Yet another thing to learn about.
“Lovely day, isn't it?”
“Yes, it is,” Luna agreed. She fluttered her wings and affected a look of disdain. “Not as beautiful as my night, of course, but charming enough in its own way.”
Celestia looked at her sharply, but a grin broke out on her face when she saw the mirth behind her younger sister's eyes. “Ever the joker.”
“Old habits.”
The Sun Princess looked at her seriously. Having her sister back after so long was a joy she could barely contain, and yet, there was a twinge of melancholy lacing her happiness. She'd had a thousand years to regret and bemoan what she did; she'd had a thousand years to think, but never once had she considered just how she could ever make it up to Luna. All those lost years …
“What troubles you?” asked Luna, her voice low, concerned.
“I missed you,” Celestia said with naked candour, her eyes moistening.
“I missed you.” A thousand years spent hating the very name Celestia melted away so easily when one looked into those violet orbs.
The sisters talked and explored the gardens until it was time for dinner. Nopony dared approach them, understanding that they needed time to reacquaint. Afterwards, they headed up to the tallest tower in the castle.
“Let's see if I remember how to do this.” Luna's horn blazed with light and she reached out to the heavens, seeking out that distant sphere which had been her home for so long. Its touch was familiar, like an old friend, and she felt more attuned to it than ever as she raised it to its place of prominence in the sky above while her sister correspondingly lowered the sun.
“Every bit as beautiful,” Celestia said, a note of pride creeping into her voice.
“But nowhere near as beautiful as my lovely Celestia.” A thousand years on the moon gave one time to think, gave one time to reflect on their true feelings.
The Sun Princess looked away. Embarrassed? Offended? Finally, she locked eyes with her sister and said, “You're mistaken.” She approached Luna and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. “Nowhere near as beautiful as my lovely Luna.” Finding her confidence, Celestia added, “I love you.”
“I love you, too,” Luna replied, pulling her sister into an embrace and fighting back a flood of tears.

New prompt: Wax.

I love it!:rainbowkiss:

And I'll think I'll take Wax off your hands.

3564572 Oh, and feel free to post as much as you like.

First

Celestia listened as Luna whimpered in her sleep, she lifted a hoof to knock hoping to wake her from the nightmare she was experiencing. Before her hoof could strike the door however she paused and pulled back. She had woken her sister often this way, knocking at her door and…

Celestia sighed pushing down those feelings again. Luna was her little sister! So why, why? Celestia began pacing in front of the door, Is this really what you want Celestia? A life of avoiding her? A life of ice cold showers? You are being a foolish little filly, now get in there and tell her how you feel! Things cannot get worse between you!

She took a deep breath and opened the door. She crept across the darkened room and sat beside Luna’s bed.

Luna was twitching clinging to her blanket in her hooves. “No Tia… Tia please I’m sorry… don’t leave…”

Celestia swallowed hard, watching Luna twitch in such horror and knowing the nightmare was about her. Oh Luna… “Luna? Luna it’s Tia wake up.” Celestia gave her a soft nuzzle.

Luna’s eyes popped open fear in her eyes. She blinked a few times then smiled, “Tia, i’m sorry did I over sleep?”

Celestia shook her head, “not at all we still have hours before sunset, I… I just had a recess from a slow day of court. So I decided to come see how you were doing. I should have realized that you would be asleep. So it was foolish for me to come! But… but you were having such a horrible nightmare. Y-you were crying out in your sleep.”

Luna bit her lip and looked away remembering the nightmare. She held tight to her covers.

Celestia swallowed hard, “I heard you cry out my name Luna, please… please tell me what your nightmare was.”

Luna closed her eyes trying to escape away from her sister, there was nothing more she could do. No place else to go. “Alright Tia, ju-just promise to stay until I finish telling you everything?”

Celestia nodded, “of course Luna I will stay however long you need.”

Luna nodded and took a shaky breath. “One thousand years ago I turned into Nightmare Moon because of my jealousy over how much the ponies loved your day.”

Celestia found herself nodding. Oh Luna, you aren’t having dreams about turning back into the nightmare are you?

“For a long time I was certain that was why it happened, jealousy over your day. But, I was wrong. Sometime during the time I was on the moon I realized I was jealous but it wasn’t… I wasn’t jealous of the love for your day Tia.”

Celestia felt her breath catch. C-could it be? Is it possible?

“I was jealous, I was jealous of the ponies I saw loving you. Bu-but not because they loved you instead of me. I was jealous because they loved you at all!” Luna looked into Celestia’s eyes her eyes slitted. “They didn’t deserve to love you Tia, they didn’t understand you! They never could, never! I hated them I wanted them to suffer!”

Celestia gulped back her fear. You promised to stay so you stay!

“I wanted them to suffer be-because I could never love you like I want to. I… oh Tia.” She snarled her teeth elongating.

Celestia hesitated for less then a moment before pressing her lips to Luna’s hard tears running down her cheeks. Either i’m right and I save her from the Nightmare, or i’m wrong and…

Luna closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. After a few moments she pulled back her normal eyes full of tears. “T-tia?”

“I love you Luna, I love you more than a sister should. I’ve loved you for so long the last thousand years were more than a nightmare for me then the nightmare you became I love you!”

Luna sobbed as she clung to her sister… to her truest love. “I love you Tia, I love you.”

Celestia cooed softly kissing her tears away. After a few long moments of holding the night to her she smiled. “Scoot over.”

Luna scooted over her eyes widening as Celestia climbed into the bed next to her. Celestia wrapped a wing around her.

“You are so… beautiful.” Celestia whispered huskily.

Luna swallowed hard before blowing out the candle.

In the dark they healed each other as only lovers can.

New prompt Night

Imma take daylight

3564931 Awwwwwww.:pinkiesad2:

I'll get to adding it right away.

3564931 Also, Luna's a total Yandere for Celestia and she totally loves it. I foresee angry sex in the future.

Comment posted by TheWraithWriter deleted Aug 23rd, 2014

Alright, submitting story for approval now.

Current Prompts:

Night

Day

Twilight

Daylight

Daylight fell across Celestia's closed eyes, the glowing warmth penetrating the lids and prying the lingering claws of sleep from her mind. Her head rose slowly, eyes blinking open, cracking the crust that had formed over night. It was in this state of growing awareness that she began to notice that something was off.

The bed was not her own, nor the room. She recognized them immediately, and with that recognition came memories of the night. A glowing smile pulled at her lips, or would have if not for the treacherous doubt born of too many such mornings were memories proved to be naught but dreams. What strength she had gathered to rise fled from her limbs. Her eyes closed against the light a single tear of lost hope tumbled from her eye to roll down her muzzle.

A moist warmth blossomed on her cheek, catching the salty tear before it could stain her lost sister's pillow. "Tia?"

Celestia's heart stopped, her ears folding back against the phantom voice that she knew could not be there. Was she so far gone that her dreams had made good their hold over her waking hours as well?

The warmth returned, dryer, but spreading across the whole of her muzzle, pressing in a far more familiar, intimate nuzzle than no pony would ever dare. "Tia," the phantom whispered again, "'tis time to awaken."

Scrunching her eyes shut, Celestia wished the infernal light would let her return to sleep. Her eyes popped open, unheeding of the glaring light, of the light from the sun that she had not brought from below the horizon.

"Goodmorning s--"

Celestia reached out, cutting Luna off with a hoof pressed lightly against her lips. She blinked away more tears as her hoof moved, sliding against her sister's cheek. The pressure was returned, Luna nuzzling against the hoof even as it was drawn back.

Words sought escape from her mouth, but her tongue refused to cooperate, leaving her mouth to move without sound. Even as she reached out a second time, feeling the soft, solid... real presence of her sister, Celestia's mind refused to acknowledge that it was true. How many times had she dreamt of this? How many mornings had woken up, only to wake up again and find it all just another dream?

She wasn't real. She couldn't let herself think that she was. She couldn't bear that heartache again.

"T--Tia?"

Celestia pushed away from the phantom, tears streaming down her muzzle. It was just another dream. Just a dream, and now that she recognized that she would wake up. That look of hurt was fake, it wasn't real. She wasn't really Luna. Soon she would wake up and... and... what? What did the waking world hold for her but centuries more loneliness?

The phantom... the dream of her beloved sister pulled her into an embrace, and she didn't fight it. She reveled in it, soaking in the feel of her sister's coat against her own, the hot tears soaking into her shoulder, the desperate whisper reassuring her that it was no dream, that it was real, that Luna was returned to her.

Was it a dream? She couldn't be sure.

But, for now, that didn't matter. She had her sister back, and she wouldn't squander another precious moment of her company.

I'm sorry, Tia! Don't hate me:raritydespair:

New Prompt: Cheese

Lovely stuff.

Right, apparently I'm really really into shipping prompt collabs, never mind that I don't actually ship anypony.
SO!
I'm claiming Twilight.
Gah, can't get my vibe going. Can't tell whether it's just writer's block or if I just can't write princest. Declaiming Twilight.
If you guys want to know, my idea was that as the world celebrates Nightmare Moon's banishment to the moon, Celestia laments that she couldn't help her sister, and wishes to leave the world in twilight for just a few more minutes, so that she can continue looking at the moon.
Failed miserably.

I am claiming Cheese.

3566451 These stories have been good so far, but so many feels!:raritydespair:

I have to write that story about Luna getting a bikini wax...:trixieshiftleft:

Here's Cheese.

~Three thousand years in the past~

“The moon is totally made of cheese! Discord said so!” Luna yelled as she stomped a hoof. Her tail swished in agitation.

“Nu-uh! You just blindly believe everything he says? What if he said that Dragons would one day be the scholars of the world! The moon is not made of cheese, Lu.” Celestia, the elder between the two, shouted back. She harrumphed and started walking away.

“Then I would call his bluff! The moon is too made of cheese!” Luna took off after her sister, intent on winning this argument.

“Is not!” Though they were fully grown, the two mares are still prone to childish sibling spats.

“Is too!”

“Is not!” With a war-scream, Luna launched herself at Celestia, and the battle was on.

~Present day Equestria~

Luna, snuggled into her sister’s side, looked back fondly on the lives they’d lived. “Hey, Celly?”

“Yes, Lu?” Celestia’s wing wrapped around Luna as she shivered from the cold winter air.

“You remember that one fight?” Luna’s voice was little more than a whisper.

Celestia chuckled. “You’re going to have to be a little more specific, Lu. I remember a lot of our little fights.”

“I meant the one where we fought over whether the moon was made of cheese or not.” Luna looked up to her bigger sister as her ears folded back.

Celestia nodded. “Ah, yes I remember that one. We both ended up in the infirmary, yes?”

Luna stayed silent a moment, enjoying her sister’s warmth. Celestia was content in letting Luna continue at her own pace.

She smiled up at her big sister. “Yes, we did. I now have a definitive answer to that argument. The moon is most definitely not made of cheese. It is a giant rock.” The smile faded, a frown taking its place as she whispered, “That means you were right all along, like with so many other things.”

Celestia’s eyes widened and her head whipped around from the stars she’d been looking at to her sister. “Hey now, none of that, Lu. Just because I was right in the end didn’t mean I knew it at the time.” She nuzzled Luna for a few seconds before continuing, “Besides, while you were confirming that I was wrong plenty of times.”

Luna looked skeptical. “Like what?”

“A big example that happened recently was Sunset Shimmer. She had the potential to become a great mage, but her lack of foresight and patience led to her turning down magic’s darker paths.” She sighed. “I had originally hoped her to become the Element of Magic, but that obviously didn’t pan out, and I thought for a few weeks that I would have to kill you…”

Luna nuzzled her sister’s neck. “But you did not have to kill me, Celly.”

“That doesn’t mean I didn’t think I wouldn’t have to kill you.” Celestia sniffled once. “My beloved little sister.” She sniffled again, shutting her eyes. “Then Twilight came along, and the rest was history.”

“And I am so grateful to you and her for freeing me from that nightmare…” Luna’s neck craned up and she nuzzled directly against her much larger sister’s cheek, before pecking Celestia on the lips.

Celestia’s eyes flew open in shock. “Luna! W-what was that about?”

“I have something to confess, Celly.” Luna shrunk away slightly at her sister’s expression. “I can’t bottle this up anymore. I… love you.” She shut her eyes and continued, “The real reason I fell and turned into Nightmare Moon was because I could not control my feelings. For you. I…”

Celestia drew her wing tighter about her sister. “How long, Lu? How long have you had these feelings?”

“I cannot remember a time without them, Celestia.” She blinked back a tear. “I would rather you know now so we can do something about it. I hat- I hate not being able to go to anypony about these feelings.” Celestia’s wingtip drew against her cheek and she winced as if it struck her.

“Luna, look at me.” Luna’s head raised only a few inches before Celestia’s mouth met her own again. Luna melted into their shared kiss. After a minute, Celestia pulled away. “Despite what you think, I don’t hate you, or find you disgusting.” She blushed and looked away. “I’m afraid I’ve had much the same thoughts, just not as long as you have.”

Luna blushed in time. “Y-you mean?”

“Yes, Lu. I love you too.”

Link to Gdocs, to easy copy-pasta the BBCode. Like i'd said in other collabs, I write my stuff with the bbcode built in.

That was fun to write! I'm definitely going to have to do this more often.

New prompt is Space.

3566697 D'aaaaawwwwwww!:rainbowkiss:

And I certainly hope you do more.:twilightsmile:

I certainly plan on it.

I'll take Space.

This was an idea I'd had for a while. I thought it would be interesting to show a younger, more immature version of Princess Celestia. One who made mistakes, and who was capable of being a bit of a dick, basically. I'm hoping that I didn't go too far, and like my previous entry, the Princest is left implied.

Prompt: Space.

The soft glowing light of the sun began to creep above the hills, forcing the gentle blue hues of the moon's radiance aside. Luna stared, her eyes blazing with a cold hatred that had been building up within her for months. The heavens themselves had been lit up with a meteor shower the likes of which Equestria had never seen before, and apart from a few insomniacs and astrology enthusiasts, nopony had borne witness to it.
What was the point? Why have dominion over a realm if nopony was there to appreciate it? Why painstakingly, artistically arrange every twinkling dot in the skies above if everypony was asleep while it happened?
Perfect, beautiful Princess Celestia approached – even though it was early in the morning, not a hair was out of place, her alabaster coat was practically glowing – the tower, only a stifled yawn betraying the air of cool confidence she emanated. Violet eyes glowered at her sister. “Luna, it's time to lower the moon,” she snapped.
The Princess of the Night quaked with a barely-contained fury. How dare she treat her like a subject to be commanded, no more deserving of her respect than a peasant. “No,” Luna said simply, her voice quiet but sharp enough to rend steel.
“I don't have time for your games, Lulu,” Celestia groused as if she were speaking to a wayward child. “Lower the moon.”
Luna ground her teeth; thoughts were forming in her mind that were partly her own, but were fuelled by something … other. Power surged through her body and tiny electrical sparks began to cascade around her.
“What are you ...” began the Sun Princess, but she she didn't have a chance to finish as a sphere of incandescent energy erupted from Luna's horn and travelled swiftly in her direction. She deflected it with a defensive spell, but it was no easy task. Panting, Celestia said, “Luna, whatever's bothering you, we can talk about it. You don't have to do this.”
“No!” howled Luna, lunging forth and plunging her horn deep into Celestia's exposed flank, right in the centre of her cutie mark.
A scream pierced the chill silence; scarlet began to blossom, staining that flawless white coat. “Why?” Celestia whimpered, tears leaking from her eyes.
“You ask why?” growled Luna, drunk on this new energy source coursing within her. Her mind felt strangely clear, though, as if a fog had suddenly been lifted. Celestia had been given everything. Power over the sun, a beautiful kingdom, ponies who loved her unconditionally; anything else she wanted, she took without a second thought. Even her own younger sister was just another plaything to her, to be discarded at a whim. “Look inside yourself, dear sister. Can you really say this day was not inevitable?”
“Luna, please ...”
“Luna is dead.” Beautiful sapphire turned to dark, dangerous black. “You will address me as Nightmare Moon!”
“I don't want to fight you,” the Sun Princess said weakly, trying to draw herself to her hooves despite the pain crippling her. “I just want my sister back. Please, fight this. I don't know what's gotten into you, but this is not who you really are.”
“You no longer have a sister.” Nightmare Moon's voice echoed along the castle walls, shaking their very foundations. With such power, she fancied she could tear the palace apart with nothing more than the sound of her voice. “You haven't had a sister for a long time.”
“What do you mean?” Celestia's hoof went to her side, trying to staunch the flow of blood.
“That night you went to my, to Luna's room,” explained Nightmare Moon. “You weren't looking for her as a sister, you wanted more. You took advantage of a young filly's innocence.”
“I said that we would be the only constant in each other's lives,” replied the Sun Princess, a hollow feeling forming in her stomach as Nightmare Moon twisted the memories of a beautiful experience to suit her own warped perspective. “Luna understood that. She was willing.”
“You took, as you take everything else that you want.”
Nightmare Moon prepared to strike again, but Celestia's body floated into the air, propelled by some force other than her wings; her eyes turned every bit as white as her coat, and her body was suffused with a glow that seemed to both be a part of her and not. It was as if she were drawing in power from the world around her. A rainbow beam coruscated from from her horn, striking Nightmare Moon dead centre.
“I'm so sorry,” Celestia said. “I'm so sorry that I failed you.”
In a burst of effulgent light, it was over.

Nightmare Moon awoke. All around her was an empty expanse of white. She looked up to see the shining orb of Equus far above. Or was it below? It hardly mattered. She sensed the wall of energy, blockading the the world from her touch.
Very softly, she began to sob. “I love you, Celestia,” the last vestiges of Princess Luna said before they were lost to Nightmare Moon's toxic influence. “Do not forget me, dear sister.”

“I love you, Luna,” Celestia said, looking up at the moon. A dark shadow had begun to form across its pristine surface. “Come back to me, please.”

New prompt: Brittle.

“No!” howled Luna, lunging forth and plunging her horn deep into Celestia's exposed flank, right in the centre of her cutie mark.

Whoa, shit man!

Overall, that's hard core. I love it. I really do.

You must write more!

Current Prompts:

Night

Day

Twilight

Brittle

Night
Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts.

Night

"Tia?"

Celestia glanced over her shoulder at Luna's voice, her true expression hidden behind that infernal mask. "Good evening, Lulu."

Luna trotted to her sister's side, hooves sinking slightly into the soft dirt that ringed the pond. It was a clear night, the Moon full and glowing, halfway through its journey, and the stars twinkling all around it. She sat down beside her, their cutie marks brushing.

"You may have our little ponies fooled, but I know you need sleep no less than any other pony. Why are you not in bed?"

Celestia continued to stare out over the pond, watching the Moon and stars dance on the rippling waters. "I could not sleep."

"You could have sought me out."

"I did not wish to be a bother."

Luna flared her wing, striking Celestia's shoulder. "Fie! Do not play the martyr with me. Speak true, something worries you, and I would know what."

Celestia sighed, kicking a pebble and sending it into the water with a small splash. "It is nothing important."

"Liar."

"You will not let this go, will you?"

Luna stretched to nuzzle into Celestia's neck. "Have I ever?"

Celestia was quiet save for a soft rumble in her chest, her eyes slipping closed as she leaned into Luna's affections. When she finally did speak, her voice carried with it a heaviness Luna had never heard from her before, "We all have regrets, Lulu. And sometimes it is all I can do to keep moving forward."

Luna gripped her sister's chin in her magic, turning her head and drawing her down into a soft kiss. "I would not have you bear these burdens in silence. I have walked down that path, and would recommend against it."

A single chuckle shook Celestia. "Perhaps you are right."

For a moment, Luna glared into her sister's pink eyes, forcing the elder to look away. "There is no 'perhaps'."

Another sigh fell from Celestia's lips as she lowered herself further, resting her chin over on her forelegs. Luna followed suit, leaning heavily against her side.

The words began to flow. And Luna listened all through the night, holding her lover close as she took the first steps toward forgiving herself.

3567527 .... damn it!

New Prompt: Fizzle

I'll try and write something happy next time, promise. :twilightsmile:

... I think I might claim brittle here.
If I can be arsed to do anything with it.
I do have a little tragic Lunestia story that is in stasis that has one of these scenes.
I might give it a shot for practice sometime this week.

For now, the sleepy night begets for me.
*Thud*

3568974 It matters not what you write as long as you write it.:raritywink:

Brittle

Malleable. That was the word Celestia would use to describe her 'mask', were any pony brave enough to ask. It could suffer any situation with the smallest of changes. Minor variations could carry a world of meaning without losing the calm, warm demeanor that every pony expected.

An upstart noble? Raise an eyebrow. A diplomat falling into a clever trap? Slight curve of the left lip. A student surpassing all expectations? Small watering of the eye. Sister doing everything in her power to make her flinch? Well, perhaps it wasn't all that malleable after all.

The blue pinion hovered just at the edge of her vision, as it had for the past five minutes. Celestia did her best to ignore it, really she did. But she could hear Luna's voice, an incessant whisper stating that she was not making contact. It was all she could do to listen to the mayor's proposal about... Damn it!

Celestia snapped her head around, intent on glaring at her sister and verbally lambasting her into submission. That was her intent at least. Unfortunately, her lips were immediately occupied by something far warmer, wetter, and more engaging.

By the time they came up for air, the entire throne room was making an intense study of carpet or marble, depending on where they stood.

She was supposed to be mad about something, she was sure. At that moment, however, she couldn't seem to recall what. Oh well.

"Court dismissed!" Celestia bellowed, a moment before tackling Luna, who squealed in delight as Celestia's lips latched onto that spot just above her collarbone.

New prompt: Windows

I'm claiming Day.

Here's Day. On a side note, hooray for writing about first-hand-like experiences. And sick-writing!

Celestia had cancelled court for the day. She gave no reason why, but the rumor mill was already flying. A tryst with a new lover? Is there another new threat to Equestria? Was it just because it was a particularly bad Wednesday? For all their speculation, the real answer was mundane. Luna had caught a summer cold.

Celestia stepped into her sister’s room, noting that the curtains weren’t drawn tightly shut and, for once, letting the sunlight warm the room. It’d been centuries since she’d been sick herself. Viruses and bacteria tended not to stand up well to the power of the sun coursing through a pony’s body.

“How’re you feeling, Lu?” Celestia looked over to her sister, telekinetically readjusting the water-filled cloth on Luna’s forehead.

Luna coughed loudly twice, jostling several blankets covering her up. Her voice rasped, “I am still cold, Celly.” The blankets continued to shudder softly.

Celestia looked around her little sister’s room, spotting several dozen candles. Lighting her horn, the candles in the room followed suit.

Luna noticed the candles light and smiled. “Thanks, Celly.” Her shivering lessened slightly after a minute.

“It’s no problem, Lu.” Celestia smiled softly.

Celestia had one idea that would warm her sister up. There was nothing like the power of a sun to help a sister beat her cold.

“Are you still cold, Lu?”

Luna coughed once. “A little.” The shivering never stopped.

That tore it. Celestia stood and poked her muzzle against the blankets, doing her best not to disturb them.

“W-What are you doing, Celestia?” Luna looked to see her sister’s head disappear under the blankets before a muzzle bumped up against her wing.

“Helping warm you up,” Celestia replied, her voice muffled. She stepped up and under the blankets, pulling Luna’s smaller body against her barrel.

“W-Will–” Luna coughed. “–you not get sick? I do not want you to catch my cold, sister!” Luna descended into a coughing fit.

As the fit subsided, Celestia levitated over a glass of water, poking the straw against her sister’s muzzle. “You know how hard it is for me to get sick, Lu. The sun’s heat flows through my body, and the only way I can share it with you is if I cuddle you.”

As Luna sipped at her water, Celestia removed the water cloth, replacing it with another. “See? You’ve stopped shivering.”

“I-I have.” Luna lifted her head, looking down at the still blankets. “I still do not wish to see you sick, sister.” Her head flopped down against the pillow before it was repositioned against her big sister’s neck. Celestia jumped as the water cloth fell onto her neck.

Luna felt the cloth return to her forehead, again. Celestia whispered, “If I do get sick, then you can help take care of me, alright?”

“Alright, Celly. Just do not expect me to be as... cuddly, as you are. My body heat is not nearly as plentiful as yours.” Luna felt her eyelids growing heavy, and she was soon sleeping peacefully against the big, warm blob that was her sister.

Celestia drifted off into a doze as well, soothed by her little sister’s presence.

Edit - Forgot Gdocs link. Here y'go. Now I'm probably going to go pass out. Again.

I hope this one hits home. Wish I had a big cuddly sun-goddess right now. I'm coughing my internals into externals right now.

The new prompt is Doctor. Can't imagine why I thought of that.

Your Landgrave is pleased by this. Have a thumb

3578622 A newcomer hath arrived! I call dibs on Doctor.

Claimed Prompt: Doctor

It was deadly silent on this cold autumn evening. The trees were bare, a piercing wind coursed through the air, and it was eerie outside. Luna adjusted the long multicolored scarf around her neck, and she shivered.

"Where have you been?" a harsh whisper suddenly said.

Luna's eyes went wide, and she looked up to see her sister standing on the balcony, looking down at her disapprovingly.

"Celestia, I - I-" Luna stammered. She couldn't tell the truth; could she?

"You've been gone for three days!" Celestia shot back. She fluttered down to the ground and landed down next to her younger sister, who was surprised when she was hugged. "I was worried sick." She noticed the scarf and raised an eyebrow. "Where did you get this ridiculous thing?"

"From a friend," Luna said wistfully.

She looked up, and noticed a flash of white and blue in the night sky. Her smile twitched, and she sighed.

Celestia shook her head. "You can't keep disappearing like this," she retorted. "We have a nation to rule."

Luna nodded. "Yes, Tia," she murmured.

-xoxo-

"When will you ever tell me where you're going?" Celestia asked. "I don't understand it; you run off and then you come back, with the strangest stories. I have a feeling that this friend of yours isn't exactly stable."

Luna softly chuckled. "He is," she assured. "But the reason I don't tell you," She smirked. "It's because I don't even know."

Celestia's eyes went wide. "What?" she inquired. She grabbed her sister's hoof before she could run off. "Luna, explain. You've done for this so long, ever since before your banishment and now that you're back, you're running away again? You have to tell me something. I'm entitled to know."

Luna hesitated.

"He's wonderful," she sighed. "He even visited me when I was on the moon. Equestria wouldn't be the same without him."

"How?" Celestia murmured.

"If I told you why, you would accuse me of being insane," Luna admitted.

Her tone was strangely serious, and it took a moment for Celestia to realize that her sister wasn't kidding around. She stammered, unable to say anything. And even if she wanted to, she was cut off by a loud whirring noise, and right there, in the center of the Castle Hall, something materialized right then and there.

Celestia's jaw fell. "What in the world is that?" she muttered.

"It's a police box, can't you read?" Luna mused. She laughed when her sister was even more surprised as a pony emerged from the box. "I told him not to land here."

"Legs! I've still got legs!" the pony yelled, in a vaguely Trottingham-sounding accent. "Does anypony have a mirror?" He felt his face, and squished it in between his hooves. "Oh, please don't tell me I got old."

"You're still young, Doctor, no worries," Luna spoke up.

"Ha, wonderful," he said. He noticed Celestia, and gave a curt nod. "Hello, ma'am. Are you the lovely sister Luna speaks so highly of?"

"Yes, I am," Celestia replied shakily. "Who are you?"

The pony extended a hoof for a shake, but he fell down. "Damn this new body," he muttered.

Luna helped him up, and smiled at her sister. "This is The Doctor," she announced. "He's... well," She gave a shaky grin. "He's a time traveler."

"That's right," The Doctor said proudly. "All of time and space, anywhere and everywhere you want to go! All courtesy of the 'ole girl here," He pointed to the police box, and smoke was starting to billow out. "It's bigger on the inside, and right now... I wouldn't advise going inside."

Celestia blinked slowly.

"Doctor, I think we broke her," Luna muttered.

I couldn't resist. :raritywink:
New Prompt: Popcorn

Sistershiping, almost as good as Princesting. :trixieshiftright::raritywink:

Popcorn'll be easy.

3583418 Truth be told, I never wrote Lunestia before. :twilightblush:

dat scarf
You used best Doctor.
10/10

Popcorn

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Luna stared intently at the screen, her field grasping the controller a little tighter than strictly necessary. Her diminutive unicorn avatar, resplendent in a light but effective suit of armor, dodged the attack by the an earth pony, easily three times her size, with the greatsword gripped between its teeth. She managed to score two quick hits before he recovered, only to be thrown half way across the arena by his spinning attack and losing a third of her health in the process.

She cursed, barely drinking down the 'Estus' flask and rolling away again before the earth pony's next swing could land.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

The next few seconds were spent with more dodging, Luna waiting for another opportunity to strike.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Luna's withers were tight, wings pressed hard against her sides. This was her tenth time trying to beat the corrupted knight Astoria. Her two companions had already perished and she was down to her last two 'Estus' flasks. But Astoria was in no better shape, her health bar so low that Luna could taste her victory.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

There it was! The perfect chance to strike and end it! Luna dodged in and swung... but misjudged the distance, her halberd throwing her character off balance long enough for Astoria to return the favor.

Her character crumpled, fading into dust as that mocking message appeared on the screen.

"Aww! Lulu, I thought you had her that time."

Luna was nearly trembling as she watched her knight reappear by the bonfire, a drawn and wasted mockery of its former glory. The controller launched across the room, only saved from an explosive impact with the wall by Celestia's golden field.

"Lulu!" Celestia scolded.

Luna rounded on her, glaring up at Celestia lounged on the couch behind her, a large bag of popcorn nestled comfortably against her barrel. "I give up! I'm done! This game is stupid and I never want to see it again!"

With that she stormed out.

Five minutes later she stormed back in, taking the controller back and settling down again to start all over.

Celestia just smiled, giving her a light peck on the cheek before wishing her luck and popping another bundle of popcorn into her mouth.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Newprompt: That thing you do

Come to the Princest side, where only the worthy may touch our glorious princesses...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 147