Cutie Mark Crusaders 1,750 members · 4,495 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Is it me? Or does the new voices of the CMC bother you. (They have been changed a while back, but I'll point this out now.)

This is probably something Hasbro probably can't change back, but I still want to point this out.

In the recent episode, "Brotherhooves Special", I noticed the voices change significantly,

Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle still sounds young, but like they went through puberty too. (I didn't notice any difference from Scoots' voice. Probably isn't though.)

I love their old season 1-2 voices.

Apple Bloom had a country kid voice. High pitched and cute.

Sweetie Belle's old voice sounded so sweet and adorable. Sweetie Belle's old squeaky voice is one of the reasons she's my favorite CMC member. Now she rarely has a squeak in her voice.

Don't take this as a rant to MLP. I just simply loved, and miss the old voices.

And if Hasbro can't fix this, (Which is most likely the case), then I guess I'll have to deal with it.

:applecry::scootangel::unsuresweetie:

4754392 Well... Michelle Creber and Claire Corlett grew up over five years, so...

I don't think they consciously changed them. The actresses who play those characters have just grown up. These characters were voiced by 12-year-olds when the show first started; they're both 16 now. While girls don't get the dramatic change in voice that teenage boys have to deal with, their voice does change during puberty.

4754392 The only one that seems to of changed was sweetie, the rest sound the same.

:facehoof: (To myself)

Okay, maybe not the Sweetie's squeaky voice, but we do have the technology to change voice tones. It's what they do in South Park.

4754506 I still don't see why we should go back to the original voices. Personally, I like the actual growing up aspect behind the scenes.

Eh, yeah I Guess so.

It's all in my opinion though.

I agree; it felt like Apple Bloom's accent slipped a few times in the episode. Sweetie Belle's voice changed a while ago, but I didn't notice it being particularly problematic this episode.

Scoot's voice hasn't changed because Scootaloo's VA is older than the other two, so has always been doing a voice.

4754392 I like how the CMC's voices are changing, it indicates that they're growing up. And it's nice to see the show reflecting that.

4754597 Eh, Madeline Peters voice has changed a bit as well. It's not quite as noticeable since she was already a teenager at the start of the show, but her voice does sound a bit lower pitched as of recent episodes.

4754597 yeah, Scootaloo's VA is 19.

Michelle Creber and Claire Corlette are about 16, and Maddy Peters (aka Scootaloo) is 19. I think. Not sure about Brynna Drummond (Brian Drummond's daughter and Babs Seed's VA).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12