Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

The destruction of the Canaanites was ordered by God, when he told the Israelites: “You shall not leave alive anything that breathes. But you shall utterly destroy them.”

And, if scripture is to be believed, destroy them they did.

But according to a recent genetic study, published in the American Journal of Human Genetics, the Canaanites in fact survived this holocaust.

The scientists running the project extracted DNA from remains of five people in the former Canaanite city of Sidon and reproduced their entire DNA sequence.

When comparing this sequence to modern day Lebanese people, they found about 90 per cent of their genetic ancestry came from the Canaanites.

This shows they survived the purge in quite large numbers.

Sauce

What’s also interesting is that the extent of genetic likeness is surprising.

The area was fought over so much throughout history that more genetic diversity was expected.

By Minty......zombies.

Wait, you're telling me that a Bible story is inaccurate?
Wow, what an unexpected occurrence.

Next they'll be proving that the Earth is actually a ball and not a plate!

Don't you come in here with your big science and your fancy facts. This here's a Christian space.

6042996 Do you know what part of the Bible they're talking about? I can't seem to find it.

6042996 Well, who are you going to believe; the scientists with their fancy gadgets or the Bible?

It's like they don't know about the Gibeonites or the fact that the Bible explicitly says that they didn't drive out all the nations.

Those gadgets are obviously GAY sex toys.

This is a Christian space and we don't tolerate dissent around here. Get out.

Both, because they're in agreement?

So you're Christian now? Congratulations! So am I!

So you're Christian now? Congratulations! So am I!

This is a Christian space and we don't tolerate congratulations around here.

Am I going to Disneyland?

Perhaps a few hid? Or faked death?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16