Love and Tolerate 819 members · 6,324 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
funkyferret
Group Admin

Now that our group is getting bigger, we need more people who are willing to devote a bit of their time to reviewing and proofreading stories. Every little bit helps, so please let me know if you're interested in helping out with the incoming stories. Every little bit helps.

How in-depth do the reviews need to be? Epic sagas rivaling the length of Homer, far surpassing the length of the original story itself?

454241 It depends, I don't just read anything. Which ones to review?

ReaperofSouls42
Group Admin

454241 I can try, but I'm not all that great in grammar if you read my stories lol if i have time i will do reviews

funkyferret
Group Admin

454249>>454250
It all depends on what the writer is looking for. Some want you to catch spelling errors, others need help with writing, while others just want an opinion on what they have written. I'm not asking for you to be an expert at everything.

Right now we have three stories.
The author of "Dark Skies on Cutie'd Thighs" is looking for an opinion on his story.
"Old Vengeance" needs some general editing for grammar and spelling.
"Chaotic Misadventures of a Bunch of Insane Teenagers" is asking for both an opinion and editing.

454257 I'm thinking about adding my fic to the list, what exactly is the criteria for 'needs reviewing'?

funkyferret
Group Admin

If you need help improving you fic. Just post something in the help thread detailing what exactly you want help with.

I can proof-read some stories but my time zone is very troubling so it will take some time to proof-read long stories. And I am currently proof-reading 3 stories at the moment (One is almost finished). So I will let you know when I am done and I will start proof-reading. :twilightsmile:

And about my story Old Vengeance, it needs a major edit. Especially the story's explaining art. (Line spacing? I will fix that minor thing soon.)
So that means I am putting it On Hiatus. I don't know how long it will stay that way, but until the editing is done I think.
Wish all of you luck in writing! :raritywink:

Hmm... I might be able to help with giving an opinion and all. I can give a review as well.
And my story's major mistake is the editing. But grammar is minor. (Spelling? But I have to say that there is not a single spelling mistake in it. But grammar is a little bit of a problem, though.)

I guess I can just review anything.

Unfortunatley, I don't have the time to do full reviews or proofing at this point in time. However, if anyone has any questions about grammar, punctuation, storytelling elements, etc. Feel free to reply to me here or send me your questions in a PM.

I want to help. Anyone who needs help can have me on the scene, if I can assist. There are some bad stories out there, but attacking the problem in a friendly way with authors who truly want to improve and hone their skills.

I'm generally available for doing anything of the sort, though I can't guarantee that every time will be part of that general case. That being said, it's a safe bet that I'll be ready to edit or review something any day of the week if it's needed.

I devote my weekends usually to my writing, weekdays I can devote to helping others. So I can help, but I suck in some grammar areas, but I love a good story that should be on the most popular stories list.

I usually am to busy to read stories to help but....

I won't proofread, but I will review.

I'll review short stories under 5,000 words.
I'll also only review things with a rating up to teen. I won't review anything mature+

If that helps :applejackunsure:

Though most of the time I'm busy with writing my own stories, so try not to need me to review (If you want me to help that is) unless you guys get overloaded with stories.....I'm a very busy person.....but I'll try to help when I can.

I'm a pretty fast and thorough reader, so I'd love to help proofread and review. :twilightsmile:

I'm more than willing to help review and provide feedback for stories! I make it a goal to try to be as insightful and as respectful as possible when doing a review. Let me know if there's anyway I can help!

Midnight_Arc
Group Contributor

I can proofread stories for grammatical errors, but that's pretty much it. Sorry I can't be very useful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20