• Member Since 22nd Aug, 2012
  • offline last seen 5 hours ago

Humanity


Apr
30th
2019

Before Time Began to Flow · 5:36pm April 30th

The prequel to The Lost Element is now available on Lulu. Very small, barely more than 50 pages. I was very surprised by how thin the proof copy is. A little special something for all my readers.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/ashton-crimson/before-time-began-to-flow/paperback/product-24082567.html

Feb
11th
2019

Volume 4 complete · 5:48am February 11th

Well, that took a lot longer than I ever expected it to. At least 3 and a half years have been spent on the past 18 chapters and I am elated to finally have it done.

With that done, I would like to take a short breather and provide my readers with a little extra treat. I will be going through Before Time Began to Flow for proofreading to prepare for printing.

Read More

Dec
4th
2018

2018 · 2:21am Dec 4th, 2018

I am not one to speak about my issues in public. I am not one to fish for sympathy. But this is something I want to vent.

Read More

Nov
9th
2018

The Lost Element: Volume 2 · 6:38am Nov 9th, 2018

It took quite some time, but I am happy to announce that the second volume of The Lost Element is now available for purchase on Lulu.com in three parts.

I am very pleased with the end result of this one. Page numbers are present and the title text is large and underlined. I feel its an appropriate step up from the more bare bones result of the first volume. To everyone who has supported me for so long, thank you. I hope you all enjoy the end result of this pet project.

Read More

Oct
24th
2018

Past and Present · 7:35pm Oct 24th, 2018

Proofreading Volume 2 has made me develop a newfound appreciation for how far I have come in terms of the quality of my writing. A big part of why editing it has been such a slog is how much harder it is to have to read through chapters that are not quite up to snuff with what I've been churning out in recent years. To quote Ben Yahtzee Croshaw...

"99% of all creators loathe everything they made more than 5 years ago and the remaining 1% are liars!"

Read More

Oct
5th
2018

Final Preparations · 5:29pm Oct 5th, 2018

Proofreading for Volume 2 is nearly complete. However, I recall shortly after making Volume 1 available in printed form that some readers had difficulty discerning where chapters ended and the next began despite the titles of each chapter being front and center at the top of the page.

What can I do to fix this problem? Increase the size of the title text? Bolden the text? Underline it?

Sep
29th
2018

Word Count Inconsistancies · 7:38pm Sep 29th, 2018

If anyone can clear this up for me, I will appreciate it.

I have found while proofreading Volume 2 that after editing the text and adding more where needed, I find that the word count is smaller than it was before by several hundred words. And it even seems to apply with chapters before I swap out the old text for the new.

Read More

Jul
13th
2018

Proofreading request · 5:24pm Jul 13th, 2018

I did not want to have to resort to this, but due to time constraints and the general tediousness of the task, my efforts to proofread the remaining chapters of Volume 2 have slowed to a crawl even as I continue to work on new chapters for the sake of creative stimulation.

I know there have been offers in the past, but I would now like to extend an invitation to anyone who would be willing to proofread these remaining chapters in my stead. Is anyone up for this?

May
19th
2018

Crystal Fair 2018 · 2:55am May 19th, 2018

The Crystal Fair convention is coming up next weekend in St. Louis. If anyone is attending and would like to meet up, just let me know.

May
9th
2018

Change of Plans · 6:24pm May 9th, 2018

The previous chapter of The Lost Element was finished back in November. Half a year later and I am only half done or so with proofreading Volume 2. I never expected the process to be this tedious and time consuming.

I have no desire to wait a full year to update the story, so once I finish proofreading the current chapter, I will take a break to write the next chapter to hopefully give myself a refreshing change of pace.

Read More

Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!