• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 989 Views, 42 Comments

Chronicles of a brave heart - MaverickHunterZero



Braveheart, a pegacorn, must find the power within him to protect all that he holds dear.

  • ...
10
 42
 989

Chapter 1: Resolution

Chronicles of a brave heart.
Chapter 1: Resolution.

“Braveheart go to your room and hide!!!”
“But mom I've got to help dad he can’t do it on his own!”
“Don’t worry sweetheart it will all be alright. I’ll go help him, just promise me whatever you hear you won’t come out of your room”
“But mom…”
“No buts dear this is very important”
A loud clank sounded.
“I’m sorry dear but dad and I need to keep you alive no matter what. You have to live; now I’m going to join your dad and fight that creature off. Even if I have a broken wing or my whole body is reduced to nothing I will never stop protecting or loving you.”

“NO MOTHER!!!!” Gasping a young stallion woke up. “That dream again… mom, dad if I had only been stronger…”
He was all sweaty and injured. But more importantly he didn’t know where he was.
It was small room, a wooden bookcase adorned the wall opposed to the bed, a big window just above the bed, and a big mirror at the corner end of the room. Braveheart took a gaze from the window, and saw the Everfree Forest spreading through the horizon.

When he turned to look into the mirror he finally saw all the damage that had been done to his body: he was all covered in bruises, lots of bloodstains on his once silvery coat, and his blond mane was made a mess. His wings seemed to open and close just nicely, luckily they didn’t seem broken, and his horn…
“Wait a second what happened to my horn” said the confused stallion. “Oh forgot about the concealing spell, must have casted it before I lost consciousness”.

Afterwards he tried to move, only to find more pain than what he had imagined, his sore muscles giving in, although he had been asleep for what he could recall were more than six hours looking at the sunset through the window. “Ugh… horse apples!! I need to get out of here and return home.”
Suddenly Brave caught the sounds of hoofsteps coming closer, and then a voice was heard at the other side of the door. “Oh Angel I hope that Pegasus is ok I found him lying on the outskirts of the forest, I don’t even know how he got there on the first place.”

With a soft knocking on the door a butter colored Pegasus with a pink straight mane and aqua colored eyes entered the room followed by a small white bunny, the mare squeaked seeing the injured Pegasus trying to stand on his hooves, “oh. No no no, please sir, you need to rest you have been gravely injured, I-I mean if that’s alright with you…”

The silver stallion looked to the female Pegasus with confusion on his blue eyes. He didn’t knew what to say, it was his first time meeting another pony other than his parents, he just blushed and said. “Umm… sorry to have caused you so much trouble but I need to return home.” And finished with an awkward grin.

The pink maned Pegasus was lost in her thoughts concerned for the stallion; she certainly hadn’t hoped he would be awake for a couple more hours, let alone standing up and speaking. Should I let him go or ask him to stay, I don’t want to make him feel uncomfortable, but he can’t go anywhere with those injuries. She just kept looking at the ceiling when she felt a patting against her hoof, it was Angel Bunny ‘stomping’ his paw at Fluttershy to get her attention, she then turned to meet gazes with the white little bunny.

The little critter just frowned at her and the butter colored Pegasus understood what the little bunny meant. Angel’s right, I can’t let him go until his injuries heal.

Okay Brave you can do this just introduce yourself ask her her name and then thank her for her hospitality.
“Um…” started the silver Pegasus. “M-my name is Braveheart. May I ask what your name is?”
The butter colored Pegasus was returned to reality with such a question, and lost what little confidence her little bunny friend had given her. Brave was answered by a whisper that was almost inaudible even for the long eared bunny that stood beside the meek mare, “um... my... my name i-is fluttershy.”

Surprisingly enough the Pegasus had managed to hear her and greeted back “Well nice to meet you Fluttershy but I really need to get going. *groan* ouch it hurts a lot” Brave was testing his wings to see how bad the damage really was.

With that Fluttershy remembered why she was there and her concern replaced her shyness, and with a demanding tone she said “no you can’t leave. You have several injuries, you shouldn’t even be able to sit, but somehow…”she trailed off inspecting the now visible body of her guest, he was bulky, but still managed to look aerodynamic, he looked stronger than anypony she had met, but there was something that caught her attention that she hadn’t noticed before… Braveheart didn’t have a cutie mark.

Just as she was going to ask, there was a knock on her cottage’s front door.

“Wait here please.” and with that Fluttershy went to see who had knocked, Angel hopping behind her.

“Sorry Fluttershy but can’t do that” whispered Brave.
After watching Fluttershy and the white rabbit leave, and still with pain he climbed out of the window and flew to the depths of the Everfree, stopping every few moments to rest his battered body before continuing his journey, after what seemed hours he arrived at a clearing in the forest, somehow the forest seemed to avoid growing inside the clearing. Just in the center was a cottage, Brave finally arrived home.

As he walked inside, Brave noticed a golden set of armor resting on a mannequin, and a sword. They both looked like they were made of pure gold, still there was a magical aura that surged from those items, he smiled at them and continued to the backyard, where he met a gravestone.

“Hey mom, hey dad…. I’m sorry.” declared the exhausted Pegacorn lowering his head. “I’m still not strong enough to avenge you; I tried to fight two manticores at once today. And even though I managed to defeat both of them I ended up badly injured, if I continue like this I won’t be able to face the 'creature'. I also met a new pony today but couldn’t stay and befriend her like you wanted me to, I don’t have time for friends…” Brave stopped for a moment, and then rose his head, fire burning in his eyes “at least not until I slay that Ursa Major....”

Brave undid the concealing spell revealing his horn, then casted a spell over his parents’ gravestone and flowers started blooming, all the dust on the stone was cleaned and the slate looked as if it had been recently polished.
He walked back inside, rubbed his injuries with some sort of herbal ointment, ate some fruit he picked up on the morning and headed to sleep hoping not to have the same dream again.



On the gravestone it could be read:
Here lies Dawnstar and Swiftheart beloved parents

May you find peace wherever you go



A/N: this is story begins before the return of Nightmare Moon, and will involve Braveheart in some of the conflicts the Mane six had on the actual episodes, it will also include totally unrelated stories, from those shown in the series.