• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 466 Views, 14 Comments

A Young Flier's Heart - JoeChacho



Ever wanted to be the one who gets the cute girl who likes you for who you are? Me too, the only difference is I let the chance slip by and ended up they way I am now. my name is Chacho and this is my story.

  • ...
6
 14
 466

A job?

As the days went on by, my relationship with Dash felt like it was going good, but I still felt like I didn’t spend enough time with her. She had work most days and I was in school almost everyday. I decided to ask Rainbow Dash’s friends if they knew any place which would be willing to hire a part-timer still in high-school. I could use the extra bits and then I wouldn’t be spending my afternoons doing nothing. Everyone of Dash’s close friends informed me that there were jobs but none of which I had met the requirements. I almost gave up then I saw an acquaintance of Rainbow Dash, Flitter.

“Hey Flitter got a minute?” I asked as I ascended to meet her in altitude.

“Um, sure I guess.” She replied hesitantly.

“Sweet. I have a quick question. Do you think you could hook me up with a job in weather patrol part-time?”

“Well...” She rubbed her hoof against her chin then started again, “Come to the office on Friday and be ready for an interview I can put in a few good word for you but you’ll need to ‘really’ want this job.”

“OK.” I replied with a smirk, then waited a few seconds and asked, “What time should I show up? And do I need to look ‘Professional’ or do I just go casual?”

“Just show up after you get out of class. Make sure you don’t leave your saddle bags at home.”

“Why should I bring them?” I asked inquisitively.

Flitter just smirked then replied, “To show that you are still a student and are willing to take on extra work. It also shows some determination, a young stallion looking for his first job is surely looking for a bright future don’t ya’ think? Also they might think you to be a sucker just looking to earn a few bits so don’t act shady.”

“OK. Thanks again Flitter.”

[...]

The next morning was spent like any other day in school. Except today I was going in for an interview, so today was no day to be fooling around. In my last class of the day I began staring out the window waiting for my day to come to an end. Velvet came up to me from behind and put her hooves over my eyes and said “Guess who?”

“Hmm. A pair of hooves that smell of delicious treats? It could be anypony.” I said sarcastically.

She slid her hooves from my eyes to my neck. A slight blush crept across my face. She then turned away from me as I spun around to see her head hung low and turned away from me.

“Oh yeah Velvet That’s your name again.” I said in exaggerated playfulness to try to lighten the mood a bit.

She looked a bit saddened even though I thought she knew I was joking. Its been at least three weeks that we’ve been friends. I thought she knew my sense of humor by now.

“H-hey you know I was joking right? How could I forget the name of that cute mare that makes delicious treats and shares them with me?”

still no response.

“Come on Velvet you know I was joking right?”

I started to think that I really hurt her feelings. Just as I was about to apologize to her and put up a flirty conversation with her I noticed her giggling.

“You jerk. You played me like a piano.”

“And you hit every note pitch perfect.” She replied while giggling and poorly hiding a blush.

I brush off the little jokes she played on me because she likes me, shes not very good at hiding that.

“So whatcha doin after class today Chacho?” She asked as she cocked her head to the left.

‘Why do I always find that look so cute?’

“Oh nothing really just got a job interview after I get out today.” I stated and shrugged and continued, “I really have no idea what to expect but hopefully I get the job.”

The bell rang.

“Well thats the end of your day chacho.” she said as she hugged me goodbye. As she was leaving the classroom she shouted, “Oh and good luck with the job!”

My face went hot as other young stallions and mares turned to see who she was shouting to. All eyes were on me for only mere seconds but it felt like an eternity. Soon everypony was back to their own business. After letting out a sigh of relief I took to the air flying over most of the other students landing at my locker. I opened it and closed it immediately remembering what Flitter told me not to forget to bring my saddle bags with me.

Flying towards the Ponyville Weather Patrol building I let my mind wander.

What if they really don’t need anypony? I’m broke, I’m not a graduate, I have no experience...My thoughts were brought to an end as I slammed into the side of building.

“Smooth.” I growled to myself as I brought myself to my hooves.

The building was not huge but it was relatively big. As I walked in I saw Flitter talking with the receptionist. She’s into chicks? Nah as I approached the two mares talking I said “Hey, Flitter.”

“Ah Chacho just the colt I wanted to see. OK so Thunderlane is out ‘sick’ today so you are filling in for him today.”

I was at a loss for words.

“Well what are ya standing around for go get your butt to the Northern section of Ponyville theres a few clouds that need bustin’”

“So does this mean I got the job?” I asked almost hesitantly

“Not if you don’t get on your assignment stat. We do need more help around here so no jokes yeah you have the job but if you screw up I’ll have your head. Understood?”

I saluted, “Yes mam’”

“Here’s your key to your assigned locker leave your stuff in there and head out.”

I looked for my locker number as I read the number on my key I chuckled to myself my locker number was 47. In my mind here was a picture of contract killer when ever I went to my locker, “Agent 47 Diana speaking.” was all I could say before I closed my locker with my saddle bags inside. I flew to the northern side of Ponyville and meet up with My temporary team: Cloud Kicker, Roid Rage, Rain Drop, and Rainbow Dash. Well this day just got a bit more interesting.

Author's Note:

Extremely obvious Hitman joke at the end. Took a while had a bit of writers block but its out now.

Once again leave a comment if you find any mistakes or just leave a comment or even a few pointers I know this chapter isn't the greatest so I could use those to make the following chapters better. Thanks for reading