• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 466 Views, 14 Comments

A Young Flier's Heart - JoeChacho



Ever wanted to be the one who gets the cute girl who likes you for who you are? Me too, the only difference is I let the chance slip by and ended up they way I am now. my name is Chacho and this is my story.

  • ...
6
 14
 466

The First Encounter

Hey my name is Chacho. I'm a light lavender pegasus with a purple mane, tail, and purple eyes. My cutie mark is a retro game controller because I absolutely loved playing video games even in my younger years. I am a bit on the short side but my lean muscles makes up for it in my opinion.

I am shy and bold at the same time, stubborn as a mule, and an absolutely loyal friend. My idol is Rainbow Dash; she’s only a year and a half older than I am. She never went to college; she took up a job with weather patrol after dropping out of high school her senior year. I train hard to be as fast as her and someday I will be faster. I was born in Cloudsdale but never went to school there because my parents were never home so I'd always been in Ponyville.

Now as a high-school stallion (I don't like to think of myself as a colt because I feel like I can be really mature most of the time) I have three years of hard work and lots of good memories under my belt, but this year, my senior year of high-school was going to be different. I wanted to do stuff I had never done before, like going to Canterlot or going to the local night club; I especially wanted to go to Hoof beats, go shopping ... Well I guess everything has to do with Canterlot because I have only gone there once or twice with my sister Prisma. Prisma is really my cousin but we grew up together like brother and sister and I didn't have any siblings that lived, played, or even talked to me.

My two older brothers were mechanic ponies (both being unicorns), one worked in Fillydelphia and the other right in Cloudsdale. Apparently the Princess' chariot seems to needed to be maintained more often than any other customer either of my brothers have ever had, but regardless, neither of them had time for me so Prisma hung out with me most of the time. She is a white alicorn with a rainbow mane and tail just like my favorite Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash. She doesn't want to be a Wonderbolt though, instead, Prisma wants to design video games and she is really good at drawing.

Enough of the back story and now to get to the real story.

I let out an audible sigh then started out the door of my chemistry class into the hallway toward my last class of the day; computer class. It was easily my favorite because I could hang with my friends and I was ahead in the work -- even though it was only the second week-- so I was able to just relax throughout the period doing nothing because there was only two assignments due for the month and both of mine were done.

Outside the door was one of my good friends who happened to be a really cute mare whom I'd recently become "good friends" with. Then there's the little detail of me having a crush on her. She has an elegant light brown coat and her mane and tail were black as night with a strange symbol as her cutie mark.

I never asked about it because I am terrible at talking to mares, so even now that we've become closer, I still can't find the courage to just up and ask her about it. Silly, huh? Oh, I forgot to mention the most important part of her. Her name. It's Sunny day. I laughed when she told me that, because she actually hated mornings and admitted she was more of a nighttime mare.

It was only the second week of classes and I wanted to be done already.

"Hey, Day" I shouted across the hall full of ponies and the mare noticed me as I approached her.

"Hey Chacho" she said as I hugged her, “what’s up?”

“nothing really Day; I just can't wait to get out of school today I've had a long day" I replied then sighed.

She cocked her head to the left and said, “bad morning I'm guessing?" I nodded simply "well the day is practically over and then you can go home after your next class unlike me. Ughh. You're lucky."

I let out a slight chuckle and agreed. "yea I know" sounding as arrogant as possible to get her to smile.

"ha ha very funny Chacho." she scoffed in a playful manner, "well looks like your teacher is looking for the rest of the students better get to class.”

"yeah I’ll see you later or maybe tomorrow" I gave her one more hug and went into my class.

Greeting my teacher with a hoof bump I headed to the back of the room and noticed my tall friend Caleb wasn't in today and the mare I helped a few times was sitting in his seat-- which was next to mine-- she was a short mare and wore glasses. Her cutie mark was a cupcake dish and I guessed she was good at baking them. She had a cream colored coat and light brown mane and tail it suited her well. Today I mustered up the courage to ask her name because she was sitting next to me for the period,

"hey my name's Chacho, I've helped you a few times and never asked what your name was."

"oh I'm Velvet Cake nice to see you again Chacho." she smiled and tilted her head to the right.

'She's kinda cute' I thought to myself as I sat down next to her and smiled back.

After a few minutes into the class Velvet started to look lost. She asked me for help and I helped her with most of it so she could finish. Soon after the assignment was finished she thanked me and started to talk to her friend two seats down I just plugged my headphones into the computer and listened to a few songs I liked. After a song or two the class bell rang and I took to the air and dashed straight to my locker. The school had a "no flying" code but as of now I am not supposed to be in school as far as I was concerned. At my locker getting my stuff together my two best friends started to call me from down the hall.

"Yo Chach (ch-ah-ch)"

"Yeeooo wassup guys" I replied.
“Doing anything after school today?"

"Na, I’ll probably just go home and play some X-bon"

"wait till we get out next period and we can hang" Quills said.

Quills is a skinny and average height Unicorn, he was a pasty coat color, a black mane and tail, and he has silver eyes with a quill and paper as his cutie mark. He is very good at writing poetry and is a grammar Nazi. Keyboard, my other best friend is about the same height as Quills but a bit on the pudgy side. His coat is dark green, his hair was darker shade of green, light green eyes and a keyboard and a mouse for a cutie mark. He is good at computer games which is why we got along so well.

Keyes said, “I’m done for the day let's wait in the park for him."

"Alright, just let me put away all the crap I'm not bringing home with me", I stated.

"no problem" he replied simply.

After opening my locker after minutes of trying to remember the combination code it clicked. I shoved all of my books into the locker and locked it back up. As Keys and I were walking down the hall to the stairs, my hoofball buddy, Red stopped me for a question.

"Yo Chacho wanna play some hoofball I am heading over to the courts and thought I should ask you if you wanted to come."

"Alright I'll play a game or two." I replied.

At the courts Red and I started to warm up with a quick game to seven he won like usual but I gave him a run for his money losing by only 1 point. He has been playing hoofball longer than me so it’s only right that he is better than me.

"Hey... You ... Are... Getting pretty good Chach." he said as he was breathing heavily.

"thanks" I said exhausted.

'Quills and the rest of my friends should be getting out of class and should be headed to the park soon,' I thought to myself.'

The Wonderbolts are performing live tomorrow night, I'm so excited. I can't wait to see Dash again, I wonder if she remembers me? I hope she'll do her signature quad corkscrew nosedive into a sonic rainboom.' I fan-gasimed in my mind just thinking about, it got me pumped. After hanging out with all my friends today I couldn't wait till tomorrow. On my way back home I saw a familiar mare at the corner as I approached her she noticed me it was Velvet. She blushed a little when she smiled and waved as she waited there while I passed her and continued home.

"wow she's kinda cute" I said in hush tones to myself. I waved and smiled back and said "see you in class tomorrow."

Author's Note:

well this chapter is slow but the story is going to pick up so don't worry and thanks for reading .