• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 467 Views, 14 Comments

A Young Flier's Heart - JoeChacho



Ever wanted to be the one who gets the cute girl who likes you for who you are? Me too, the only difference is I let the chance slip by and ended up they way I am now. my name is Chacho and this is my story.

  • ...
6
 14
 467

Monday Morning

Monday:

I roll out of my bed like I do every Monday: tired and regretting going to bed which only achieved five hours of sleep. I showered, put my saddle bags on and took to the sky. Mondays were usually the longest and most uneventful days, but this Monday is going to be different. Not only am I going to hang out with a mare who might have a crush on me but I also get to fly with my new marefriend Rainbow Dash. This day was going to be tiresome and could be bad because I know that Dash was the jealous type.

Going into Ponyville High this morning just felt different. There was a sense of unease in the air today. ‘Pssh nah it’s probably my imagination’ I thought to myself as I flew up to the third floor where my locker was I unlocked my locker and placed my math book into my saddle bag and closed up my locker. First period for me was PE so no books were needed but my math class was right after and that was on the third floor. It’s a far distance if I don’t want to risk getting detention for flying.

As I entered the gym locker room I slipped on my gym shorts and a white shirt

“Why the hell do we have to wear these anyways it’s not like we normally wear clothes anyway” I asked no one in particular. Nopony answered. I put my saddle bags into a small locker without a lock because all I had was my uniform shirt just in case I was about to get in trouble for not wearing it… again. Not like I was a ‘bad boy’ but I wasn't a ‘goodie four shoes’ either.

Today was the last day of the ‘fitness test’ which is horse feathers because we took the same stupid test every year in high school and nothing changes. It was the dreaded pacer test the lazy ponies dragged their hooves, the unfit and popular ones trotted, and the few athletic ones actually ran I dropped out around 70 and was beaten by an earth pony whose name always slipped my mind he only did three more rounds than me. I guess it was fair enough he was a relative of the apple family apparently so his legs were naturally stronger than mine, but if we could have used our wings, boy oh boy I would have been there for hours I train my wings more than my legs but after today I’ll be training both of them harder than I was before.

The day seemed to fly by and I noticed that Velvet is in three of my classes including computer class but she sits with her small group of friends. But in computer class she sat right next to me while Caleb sat next to her. I wanted to go to class a little late so I stood in the office talking to some of my friends and then left.

“Late again Chacho? What’s the excuse now forgot where the class was? Or was there ‘traffic’ on the main staircase?” my teacher said slightly annoyed

“Here” I said handing him a note from the office that stated that I was helping the janitors load up some things in a cloud truck. Being a pegasus made it more believable since one of the two janitors was a unicorn while the other was an earth pony.

“OK fine you are excused get to your seat and … do whatever it is you do when you don’t have work” my teacher said with defeat in his tone.

“No prob teach”

I hovered over to my seat and smelled something delicious. I looked out the window, passing my seat, to see if Pinkie Pie was baking but soon realized that they don’t start baking until one. I turned around and laid my eyes upon the three red velvet cupcakes in a container next to Velvet.

“Hey Caleb” I said to him and we did our secret hoof shake.

“Sup” he replied

“Hi Velvet” She extended her front hooves as if telling me to hug her. So I did I hugged her.

“Hi Chacho”

“So how was the weekend at Appaloosa Caleb?”

“It was way more fun than last time. They had a switchers dance when the work was done.” I gave that ‘I don’t follow’ look for a second. “It’s kinda like.” He stopped to think of an analogy. “It’s kinda like speed dating except with dancing. With one pony for a set amount of time and switch you’re with a totally new pony. Thank Celestia and Luna I didn’t get paired up with any stallions.” I chuckled at the thought of him being forced to dance with another guy.

“So you wouldn't have had fun if you danced with me?” I said toying with the situation the only way a good friend could. With a bit of bromance.

He just shook his head and face hoofed.

“So what about you Velvet?” I asked.

“Oh I made red velvet cupcakes over the weekend with Pinkie Pie.” She said pointing to the container “Do you want one?”

Both me and Caleb said “Sure” almost in unison. Then I noticed the look of disappointment on her face.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well, all three of us want one but one is for my other friend…”

I cut her off “So you enjoy it then” I said with a smile on my face “I’ll try them next time”

“Why don’t you share one with Chach then?” Caleb suggested after taking a bite out of his cupcake. ‘You sneaky bastard’ I mouthed to him.

Velvet turned to face me “Are you OK with that Chacho?”

Shrugging I simply said “I don’t mind what about you?”

She only blushed

I heard a knock on the glass behind me “Chach” said the voice outside. I turned around and it was Dash sitting on a cloud beckoning me to come over.

“I’ll be back real quick”

I trotted over to the window and opened it.

“Hey Dash what’s up”

“Oh nothing just checking to see if we were still on for that race you promised me.”

“Most definitely Dash. Maybe around five?”

“You got it lover boy” She said before giving me a peck on the cheek.

“What gives Dashy I thought we were official” I said jokingly as I gave her a quick kiss on the lips “Just joking, love you Dash catch you later”

She blushed a bit and took off.

Meanwhile while Chacho and Rainbow were talking:

“He had a crush on Rainbow Dash for about two years. He was determined to be her coltfriend. But then she broke his heart.” Caleb said with the sound or remorse in his voice.

Velvet asked “What? Why? why did she do such a thing? Breaking his heart would be the last thing I would do. I’d break my own heart just so his feelings would be spared.”

“Yeah I know you would, but Dash she was always into confident flyers. A few rumors went around when she was still in the school, about a year and a half ago, that she was a lesbian, but that didn't stop Chach he wanted to prove that she wasn’t into mares and to try and find his ‘happiness’.”

Velvet just sat there.

“Well here he comes just pretend we never spoke about this, smile and chuckle in three two one.”

“Sorry about that you two just Dash being Dash”

“It’s OK Chacho. So do you still want to share that cupcake?” asked Velvet.

“Hey yeah I do it smells delicious.”

I took a bite from it when she held towards it me. I forgot she was handing it to me so I could break it in half.

“OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS AMAZING” I said oblivious to what i had done.

Velvet blushed and looked shocked and then realized what I had done

“ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh I'm so sorry I forgot that we were going to share that. If it makes you feel better I don’t have any mouth sores or any infections period.” I blurted out.

‘I bucked up real bad this time’ I thought to myself.

Author's Note:

I just got back from New York which was a blast and thought that I should update so here it is all.
I did this instead of studying for my final. Enjoy