• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 3,335 Views, 66 Comments

Hollow - Demonfire463



Three undead explore into a new realm and cannot escape some of their nightmares from Lordran, but will try to protect the ponies they come to care for. They fend from chaos, demons, and some other undead to protect the friends they have made.

  • ...
7
 66
 3,335

Chapter 3 Trespassers

Chapter 3

We all sit around the bonfire, Arthur attuning his magic, Joshua improving his robes with twinkling titanite, all while I am repairing my armor and weapons. "So," I begin, "what land is this?"
A light blue pony with wings and a multicolored mane is first to answer, "Duh, this is Equestria."
"I have never heard of such a land, I am from Astora and now reside in Lordran."
"Lordran?" This time a purple pony with a horn on her head speaks up. "What's it like there?"
Joshua responds before I have a chance, "It's horrible! A land brimming with hollows and demons, turmoil everywhere, death 'round every corner. The best way that I can think to describe it is a nightmare."
"That is quite accurate, 'tis an incredibly dangerous land. Even with my sorceries I find that Lordran and its residents are not to be tested."
"When somebody turns undead, like us, their homeland exiles them to Lordran. Sometimes they meet others from their homelands. I met Oscar the elite knight, Andre the blacksmith, and Solaire the Warrior of Sunlight."
"As I met the great sorcerer Logan, and a student of the dragon school, Griggs. Griggs, that evil little rat!"
"What did he do that was so evil?"
"I'd rather not get into that, but we still don't even know your names, and you don't know ours either." Arthur points out.
"Good point," the purple pony states,"well, I'm Twilight Sparkle."
"Ah'm Applejack" says the orange pony.
"I am Rarity" says a white unicorn with a sense of nobility.
"My name's Pinkie Pie!" said a pink pony.
"I'm Rainbow Dash" stated the blue pegasus with the multicolored mane.
"And, um, I-I'm Fluttershy" the yellow pegasus whispers just barely loud enough to hear.
"Well it is quite a pleasure to meet you all. My name," I stand and bow as I introduce myself,"is Agroth of Astora.
"And I am Arthur of Vinheim. It is a pleasure to meet you all." He bows properly as he introduces himself.
With a standard bow as I had done, "And I am Joshua of the Great Swamp." Almost as if on cue, as he finishes introducing himself, our bonfire goes out.

"Oh no, have either of you sinned and not requested absolution?" I question the two with me.
"I would never stoop so low as to sin against your covenant Agroth, I am not foolish enough as to provoke the wrath of the Darkmoon Blades upon myself" Arthur states.
"If I ever sin then I request absolution from that odd fellow from Carim" Joshua informs me.
"That means it's a Darkwraith..." I hopes it wasn't who I thought it was.
"What are the odds Agroth? Do you honestly think that it will be him? In all my years as a sorcerer I've never been invaded by him before."
"Nor have I, even in Blighttown or at the Ash Lake I've never been invaded by him before."
"But there is still a chance that it is him! He seems to find my world with ease. I understand it is just a chance but-"
"What's going on here? Why'd the fire go out all of a sudden?" Rainbow Dash asked us. I had forgotten about them, they wouldn't last a chance against this Darkwraith. I hear a phantom enter the world and the ponies and undead alike begin to panic.
"Rainbow Dash, get everypony inside now, lock the doors and hide until we tell you to come back out. Do you understand?" She nods and goes to go secure her friends. I don't want them to get hurt and just want them safe for the moment. As she gathered them up and took them back to the locked building from earlier, I prepare for the fight, as do the other two. Arthur unsheathes the Moonlight Greatsword as Joshua uses the Power Within pyromancy. We brace for the invader to approach, and a dark spirit wearing armor covered in spines approached us. We all breathe a sigh of relief. "It's only Knight Kirk" I chuckled as I raised my large shield. Then yet another dark spirit appeared behind Kirk. I am sobered at the sight. This Darkwraith is wearing the full Dark Armor set, wielding the gold tracer of Ciaran the Hornet, and the bloodshield. He removed his skull shaped mask as if to confirm our fears. His heavily scarred and beaten face was revealed, as was his parted, jet black hair.
"Agroth, it is good to finally see you again." He said with a dubious grin upon his evil face. "Without this Red Eye Orb I wouldn't have seen you since the death of our parents." He laughs and puts his mask back on and we prepare for a true battle.

Author's Note:

Again, constuctive criticism welcome. Please comment, enjoy!