• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,022 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,022

Ch 3

Pinkie lead me down a set of stairs, I stumbled all the way down. What, walking was hard. I nearly fell on the last few steps, but I made it to the bottom of the stairs. I noticed that there were a ton of tables and chairs in this room. That was strange, who would need this much furniture for one house? I wonder, if they had this much furniture could they have an extra couch? I needed one.

In front of us, at the bottom of the stairs, there was a counter with a gray box on it. A cash register? Was this a store? What did it sell? Wait there was something sweet in the air. Was this a candy store?

"And this here is Sugar Cube Corner. It's the bestest bakery in the entire world!" Said Pinkie.

"Well that explains why it smells so good down here."

"Yep yep yep! Now come on, my friends are in the kitchen." Pinkie said, bouncing to the kitchen.

***

She led me through a doorway, which was on the right side of the stairs. Inside of this room I noticed two ponies. One of these ponies stared right at me, her eye's were a brilliant shade of purple. Wait her eye's weren't the only thing that was purple, her coat was a dark purple. Her mane and tail were a dark violet blue, with a streak of purple and pink. Wait, there was something in her mane. A horn! Wait another unicorn, awesome! I didn't feel like such a freak. Well... Less of one.

The other pony that stood next to her was trying her best to avoid my eyes. I could see that her eye's were turquoise. Her coat was a very light yellow. Now what really made her stand out was her mane, it was a light pink, and it was incredibly long, just a few inches above the ground. That couldn't be good, what about split ends? Then there was her tail. It was literally being dragged on the ground. How did she keep dirt out of it? How much shampoo and conditioner did she go through in order to maintain a clean tail? More importantly, why was this on my mind?

There seemed to be something else off about her. Wait! She had wings. Was she a pegasus? That was strange. Well actually in retrospect it doesn't actually seem that strange. I mean I had a horn. I guess it wasn't that odd she had wings.

Wait, how long had it been since we had entered the room. I better say something... Come on, anything. My hoof tapped rapidly on the floor. No stop it, that's an action, I needed words! Come on anything...

"Umm..." Nailed it.

"Oh, uhh... Hello. You must be the pony that Pinkie rescued. My name is Twilight Sparkle, and this is Fluttershy." Said Twilight Sparkle.

"hi there..." Said Fluttershy.

Wow, could Fluttershy have been any louder? I mean come on, keep a lid on it. No no no, stop it, be nice!

"Uh yeah, I'm the pony Pinkie rescued, it is a pleasure to make both of your acquaintances." I said, as I extended my metal leg towards them.

Something must have snapped inside Twilight, because she stood inches from my leg with a look of disbelief on her face.

"What is that?" Said Twilight.

"Do you... Do you mean my leg?" I brought my hoof back towards me.

"Yes, whatever, that." She peered at my hoof.

"It's, a metal leg..."

"I've never seen anything like that before. Where did you get it from?"

"I... I have no idea."

"What do you mean you have no idea?!" She said bitterly.

"Well when Pinkie found me... It was... It was just there. That's how it was."

"What do you mean "it was just there?" Metal legs just don't appear out of nowhere."

"No, I know that it didn't just grow or something like that. I've probably had it for a long time, but I don't remember how I got it. I... I can't even remember my own name."

You could cut the silence .... With a knife. It seems I caught them all off guard. Maybe it was a bad idea to mention my lack of, memories.

"so you are saying you have no idea who you are?" Said Fluttershy.

"Right."

"So you have amnesia?" Said Twilight.

"Yes."

"Amnesia? I've played that game before. Super scary. Lot's of monsters and stuff, I got rid of it, it was scaring the kids." Said Pinkie.

"Wait what are you talking about Pinkie?" Asked Twilight.

"Twilight, now is not the time to be asking a silly question. We have to help poor Mr.J." Pinkie said sternly.

"Mr.J?"

"Yeah she calls me "Mr.J", because the letter's J.R.R are carved into my leg."

"Really, mind if I see it?" Twilight Asked.

"Uh... Sure." I held out my hoof again to show Twilight.

Twilight began look over my hoof. Her eye's darted back and forth. She examined every inch, even the specks of dirt I'm sure I tracked in. Until she looked at me.

"Well that appears to be the only thing, except for..."

"Except for what?"

"Your hoof is warm." Twilight said.

"Warm, what do you mean, warm?"

"Well it's giving off heat, and the heat that it's giving off, is like... Body heat. It feels like... It's alive. Like it isn't made of metal at all." Twilight said with a quizzical expression on her face.

Wait. Body heat? That shouldn't be right. This is a metal leg! It shouldn't be hot. It should be cold. Metal should be cold. She must be wrong.

I touched my front hooves together, I realize... She wasn't wrong. The warmth was the same as my other leg. This shouldn't be right. This warmth... It was like... It was alive... *Thump* *Thump*. Wait was that... *Thump* *Thump* A heartbeat! No no no, this was all wrong. This was completely wrong.

"Remember..."

NO! Not this again. The voice in the back of my mind was back.

"Remember!? REMEMBER WHAT!?"

"You need to remember, or you will meet your end..." Said the voice.

*End... Is someone trying to kill me?"

“Who are you screaming at?” Twilight said, “Is someone trying to kill you?”

“I dunno, but let's join him!” Pinkie said. She bounced as she repeatedly yelled. “Remember what!? Remember what!?”

"I cannot tell you yet, but I will show you what you will need to defend yourself..." The voice calmly said.

And without warning, I was transported to a white void.

Author's Note:

Well we are starting to see some character development and plot delevopment. Thanks to MasterHunter55 for editing this and giving Pinkie the... Pinkieness? :rainbowhuh: That she was lacking.